Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-05-11-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash

Loss

• 2 months later...

Hogan promotes his new Three Ninjas movie and Assault On Devil's Island, which makes him look silly while in his Hollywood gimmick. Hogan takes exception to Nash's account of how Hogan rode the gravy train earlier in the show. Hogan responds that they needed his rub because they couldn't cut it on their own. These guys are definitely shooting on each other, but it all works in the context of the feud. Hogan accepts Savage's challenge and will dedicate his victory to his assistants on his movie set. Hogan tells Nash to get his gray hair and skinny legs out there.

Nash starts off by telling Hogan to take his wife's sunglasses off. Hogan tries to one-up Nash and Nash's comebacks are so sharp and this is really fascinating to watch. These two definitely have heat. Hogan demands that Nash apologize and grovel to get back on his good side. Nash says he ain't apologizing for nothin' and says he can go through everyone in the ring to get to him without a problem. Giant ends up coming out in an NWO shirt and attacking Nash from behind. What a completely illogical and hotshot turn. He spraypaints Nash with the NWO letters before Konnan ... and Dusty ... and Savage ... make the save. I can't get over the dissonance in personalities in the Wolfpac.

• 2 weeks later...

Hogan comes out and has some focus vs. Nash and that again could have been a good feud without the faction war nonsense. Nash comes out but Hogan assures that he brought a big gun to the ring. This brings out Giant in an NWO B&W shirt and they beat down Nash and spraypaint him. Yeah, this made no sense. I guess Dusty is Wolfpac as he rushes down with that group. Speaking of which, what a motley crew that group is. Neither side looks particular strong in fact and it shows how many warm bodies were in the NWO.

• 1 year later...

Well...I do get the idea of not wanting both Giant and Nash on the babyface side, and I get the idea of Giant turning because he hates Nash so much. Just like Santo turning heel in late '96 and dear God I can't believe I just made that comparison. Nash gets beat down and spraypainted (but doesn't bother to take a Chokeslam) and somehow Hogan and the Giant back off when K-Dog, Hennig, Dusty, and Savage hit the ring even though it seems like Giant ought to be able to take all four of those guys by himself. A mess of a segment with Hogan doing more shooty-shoot, below-the-belt stuff and Nash's cool responses being the main saving grace.

• 3 months later...

Nash getting in his digs while he can before he tries to go toe-to-toe with the Rock and gets handled. Hogan's comebacks are on par with the ever popular, "No! You are!" After the little pissing contest we actually get to the story line and ends with Giant out as an nwo member. Here comes smoking on his way to the ring, Giant.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-05-11-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash