Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-06-08-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman

Loss

• 2 months later...

Michael Buffer is here just to introduce Hogan and Rodman. Why? It's not like they're coming out for a match. And why would WCW roll out the red carpet for two NWO guys? This is definitely a moment, but it seems like much less of one than these two coming out in Chicago the year before. Hogan doing his screaming wrestling voice just sucks at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

I always like that Rodman did these shows the day after an NBA Finals game. Wow, the Jazz only scored 54 in a finals game. Rodman isn't the biggest star on the Bulls but you don't see Tony Parker walk out with Evolution now. This did try to feel like a big moment and Buffer always does the announcing for Rodzilla and Hogan. The promo wasn't one of Hogan's best and it seems ridiculous that he is STILL calling and feuding with Piper. I did enjoy the spectacle.

• 1 year later...

Things have definitely deteriorated from a year prior...of course, that may have been WCW's absolute peak as a company and as a "brand," so I guess there was nowhere to go but down. Rodman elevates this with a killer promo, though: "A hey hey hey hey hey. Hey hey hey hey hey. A hey hey hey hey hey." And so on and so forth.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-06-08-WCW-Nitro] Interview: Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman