Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-06-08-WCW-Nitro] Roddy Piper, Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan

Loss

• 2 months later...

This crowd is wild, but Piper always went after the cheap pops around this time by mentioning local sports teams. I won't even try to decipher Piper's promo. Savage - Piper's tag team partner on Sunday - comes out when Piper starts insulting him. Savage comes out, and he's not really the guy to help a guy start making sense and get focused on something at this point. Hogan and Bret interrupt again from the production booth. They make Bischoff and Liz a couple and they start making out? What?? That happened?? Savage responds that he got over Liz a long time ago then blindsides Piper. Piper gets up and punches him back. This just makes the NWO guys laugh. This is a hot segment but it's all old stuff at this point. Way too much Hogan on this show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, Bret gets to say ONE whole word into the mic this time! Progress! Piper starts this segment off hot because he kisses up to Detroit in the most shameless way possible, but once he stops referencing the Lions and Red Wings, he goes south in a hurry. Savage is out and they meander around for a bit until Hogan interrupts again. For some reason we re-do the Liz reveal as if we didn't see it the first time, and then she makes out with Bischoff??! No, I don't remember that either, but there's a LOT of shit from this era that I'm not remembering. I watched way more Raw than I thought. I'm not sure this isn't the worst Nitro of all-time to this point. Three hours of this shit sounds unbearable even if there was some good wrestling and good Jericho interviews.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-06-08-WCW-Nitro] Roddy Piper, Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan