Pro Wrestling Only

WWE, Hassan Part Ways/TNA Signs Dudleys

sek69

from Meltz:

TNA officially announced the signing of Mark LoMonica & Devon Hughes, the former Dudleys, to multi-year contracts. They are scheduled to debut on the next TNA tapings on 9/27. This has been expected from the day WWE announced it wasn't resigning them.

WWE announced today that Mark Copani, the former Muhammad Hassan, was officially released.

WWE.com presented it as an amicable parting of the ways with Copani leaving to pursue a career in acting.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

So typical.  I remember posting about how I loved the character, but knew better than to get too behind it, since WWE would surely botch things.

Ditto.

*waits for the release of Shelton Benjamin*

Copani is Hassan's real last name. He was given the last name "Magnus" in OVW, and everyone assumed that was his real name.

I wasn't sure if that was his real name or not, but it's what I knew him as in OVW and it's more dignified than Mohammed Hassan by far.

• 2 weeks later...

On this week's Donny Deutsch show, Vince McMahon blamed Marc Copani for the failure of the Muhammad Hassan character. Said the WWE Chairman, "Really, the reason this character didn't work for us is because of the individual playing the character, more or less."

That's from PWInsider. What do you guys think about that?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

The character was a bad idea, and was handled poorly by the creative team. On the other hand, Copani wasn't very good in the ring, and was only average on the mic, and was only drawing cheap heat.

There's plenty of blame on each side.