Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-07-12-WCW-Bash at the Beach] Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Stevie Ray / Eddy Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero Jr

Loss

• 2 months later...

Chavo dedicates the match with Stevie Ray to Eddy Guerrero, who he calls his favorite wrestler. Chavo submits right away to save himself for Eddy. Last few minutes of Eddy vs Chavo. Eddy wins so Chavo gets his head shaved. Eddy is about to shave him when Chavo takes the clippers and does the job himself, freaking Eddy out. This all got over like a fart in church with this crowd.

• 4 weeks later...

Chavo submits after some dancing around to Stevie Ray to save himself for Eddy.. Brilliant (DUD)

Unfortunately, the crowd doesn't care about Eddy vs. Chavo as the clips and finish looked pretty hot. I initially thought Chavo wasn't appealing to them enough but he does when he grabs the scissors and still gets no reaction. Chavo loses and shaves his own head again to no reaction freaking Eddy out. I enjoyed this to an extent.

• 1 year later...

Best Stevie Ray match ever.

I respect Chavo for playing this role to the hilt but it's just not over. Not only is it not the best gimmick for him, but he's been jobbed out for so long that he can't be perceived as really mattering. The WWF may have found a way to get him over without actually winning, but that's beyond WCW's capabilities at this point.

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-07-12-WCW-Bash at the Beach] Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Stevie Ray / Eddy Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero Jr