Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-08-30-WWF-Summerslam] Jeff Jarrett vs X-Pac (Hair vs Hair)

Loss

• 2 months later...

This crowd loves X-Pac. The guy was very over at this point. This was a good match that lost heat when Jarrett dominated, which tells me it was the right time for a gimmick change. He needed to lose this match. They also left him with enough hair to be repackaged. They had to use scissors after the clippers went out. Good match, and I love Finkel's delight in this. Method Man loves X-Pac too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finkel is brought out as a honorary DX member due to having his head shaved. I really liked this match as it was the perfect undercard affair and Jarrett did good with his cutoffs of Pac's offense like the Bronco Buster and utilizing the figure four. The finish was also nice with the guitar shot being appropriate payback for Jarrett to get his haircut. This was a great way to send someone away for a repackaged gimmick. (***1/4)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lawler: "I always knew Howard Finkle was a degenerate." Ross: "So what?" Yeah, no way that exchange wasn't a rib.

Jarrett is now "Double J" only--a name change that hopefully doesn't stick. Really good little match, to end a relatively old-school-type feud. Jarrett still isn't that over but X-Pac is, and Finkle actually does a great job as cornerman leading the crowd into cheering on X-Pac's comebacks, and they work some fine near-falls in the closing stretch. Droz and the other people whom Jarrett had shaved coming out to ensure that he gets his hair cut was a nice finishing touch.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-08-30-WWF-Summerslam] Jeff Jarrett vs X-Pac (Hair vs Hair)