Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-09-05-ECW-TV] Chris Candido vs Lance Storm

Loss

• 2 months later...

Lance Storm introduces Dawn Marie as Tammy Lynn Bytch. Storm says that the woman hanging out with Candido is an impostor. He throws all the standard insults at Tammy based on her reputation. The match didn't do much for me anyway, but it might have been closer to good without the unnecessary table spots. Dumbest finish ever with Tammy pinning Storm with an inside cradle. Why would the referee count that, and why wouldn't Joey Styles even try to sell confusion over that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was a big ECW mess that I can see some ECW fans liking but I thought was dumb. The match was ok and we get the inevitable catfight with Sunny ripping off Dawn's dress. Then, Sunny pins Storm and the ref counts. WTF. I was enraged by this. Candido not to be outdone, strips down to his g-string with puckered lips on it. Him and Sunny do at least seem happy to be working together so there is that. (**)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I was actually getting into the action here, and thought it was about as good as I've ever seen Lance Storm look...but that ending, Jesus. First, Dawn Marie blows her interference spot, forcing Candido to stupidly get off Storm early for no reason. Then we get Tammy small packaging Storm for the win, with Tammy being the announced winner. Joey Styles doesn't try to justify this, just loudly yelling, "WE HAVE SEEN HISTORY!" Heyman seems to have entered his 1988 Dusty Rhodes phase of just trying to throw whatever shit at the wall he can to draw a reaction. Also, someone explain to me why Candido feels the need to be aping 1991-era Rick Steiner, please.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-09-05-ECW-TV] Chris Candido vs Lance Storm