Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-12-05-MPPW-TV] Bill Dundee vs Brian Christopher

Loss

• 3 months later...

Samantha can walk out in high heels for their match and when she leaves, it'll be in flip flops. They treat this as this grave insult which I don't get at all. This is all about Brian saying this will be Dundee's retirement match (even though that's not really the official stip) because he is young and Dundee is old. Dundee is a little slower but still has his timing and can definitely go. I liked this match until they got into the overbooked finish, maybe more than any of the Power Pro TV matches all year. Christopher accidentally clotheslines the referee, who takes a great bump. Samantha keeps him from cheating when the ref is out and he ends up taking his own chairshot as well. Sean Stasiak runs in to break up the count and for some reason the match doesn't stop. Stasiak comes back in on Dundee's next fall attempt. This was fun but had too much booking.

• 1 month later...

Dundee needs to let go of those trunks at this point in his life. His punches look good and the action is ok but I always get a sense of Christopher trying too hard. The finish was a mess. The referee takes a great bump and we get a teaser with Stasiak coming in but then Dundee rolls Christopher up and the referee botches the count. Christopher paste him with a chair because of that and the match gets thrown out finally. (*1/4)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A fun little studio match with some awesome punches and takedowns by Dundee, but not much more than that. Good, I didn't get Christopher's line about high heels and flip flops either, unless it's just that he's saying Samantha's feet are so disgusting it destroys her shoes, or something. He also refers to a fan as Shamu the Killer Whale which is that type of Kenny Bania-esque "don't have to think about it" humor I come to expect from my wrestling heels.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-12-05-MPPW-TV] Bill Dundee vs Brian Christopher