Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2014 Reaction Show w/ Will, Dylan, Johnny, Kris and Phil

Chrome. I'm an all Google guy (just because my phone and computer happened to come that way). I'll try it again. Restart the thing and see what I get. Glad Will got a full crew. Was feeling bad I couldn't jump on it as I drove home at 11, thinking it was just him and Dylan based on texts. Was also barely keeping my eyes open at the time, and thought of jumping on the line for ten minutes because I had so much to say about the shgow (overall, I really enjoyed it), but I've done that "I gotta be up early, man. I can get on for maybe 20-30 minutes." That always ends with me on the phone at 2 am, wide awake, knowing tomorrow will be hell.

Been on the Busick bandwagon for awhile now, but I clearly need to seek out more Thatcher.

Dug the show, guys. Great panel. These instant reactions always deliver.

I'd like to loudly echo Dylan's thoughts about the pre-show (and post-show) panels.

Cracked me up when Kris suggested that they really kayfabe it up with Daniel Bryan's injury. I agree, but it just sounds like some serious fairground carny promoter level shit when you actually SAY the words. Or hear them being said. But yeah. Slapping a neckbrace on the guy and telling him to play paralyzed would dial up the sympathy more than the way he just kind of strolled out there and did his usual thing.

I'm totally neutral on the Bo stuff myself. It was harmless, but it served its purpose in giving Bryan a brief, non-physical "moment" to trump a pesky heel. I loved that Lawler popped IMMEDIATELY and got all giddy for the "Boner" pun though.

I liked the women's match for what it was, and - maybe I'm in the minority here - I honestly think THIS is the sweet spot they should aim for with the divas. Stop pigeonholing them into the "dead air" spot on the card. Quit consistently tossing them out as the final buffer match to allow people to catch their breath before your big main event. If it's a match for the Divas Title, treat it respectably, and give it a quality 10 minutes or so.

I don't think anything beyond that is needed. I don't think it's justified. These girls can be great at what they do, but if they're truly great - you'll know it in ten minutes. Rare, special occasions here & there? Sure. Give 'em more. But do that sparingly. Month to month, I'd give them a slot like the one we saw with Naomi & Paige here. Plenty of time to get their stuff in and showcase what they can do to the viewing crowd. Anything more would feel like a drag.

Meantime, I think the new buffer match honors should go to the comedy filler stuff. I'm talking Adam Rose, Sandow, Bo Dallas, or whatever gimmick they're trying to play up for laughs. 'Cause the comedic stuff is all over the place. Very hit or miss. Bad comedy won't make much of a dent in the show if it's put in that "dead air" spot. But good comedy could give the audience a little light humor and a few laughs before the "epic grudge match" style main event of the month.

Nice call on the old Problem Solver finish for Cody & Dustin, too. I noticed it and wondered if they've been going back and watching some "last legs" ECW stuff. Sure seems that way. Cody's busting out Tanaka's Diamond Dust... and now the Flapjack DDT from Simon & Swinger. If not, it's just a really random pair of moves to suddenly add to the arsenal.

But I'm with Johnny. I think it's just a matter of them ironing out the wrinkles and figuring out the best way to plug in Cody's new move-set and shtick. I doubt it takes 'em too long.

Was waiting for Dylan (TNA reviewer and all) to note that Stardust looks a lot like an intentional rib on Jeff Hardy's Willow act. I could be WAY off the mark there, but I don't know. I could definitely see it. If so, WWE's doing it better and likely going to take it a lot further. And I'm absolutely unafraid to admit - I actually don't mind Willow. Don't get me wrong. I don't think it's what a company like TNA should be doing with a star the caliber of Jeff Hardy while he's under their employ. But how can one totally hate a character that's basically a cranked up junkie, just freely frolicking around the forest in a mask & cheap indie costume? I mean, come on. It's great. The oddball selling, the maniacal laughter... it really is too much.