Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-04-WCW-Nitro] LWO vignette

Loss

• 2 months later...

An extended vignette for the LWO. Eddy's nearly fatal car accident happened a few days for this show, so I have no idea why they even bothered to air the vignette knowing he'd be out of action for a long time and may not even return. It's a good vignette, better produced than the usual WCW fare, but it also suffers from being too long and having no real point to carry it along. The women dancing with La Parka is great and has inspired a gif in someone around here's sig that I know I've seen before. They seem to be making the point that Eddy is stealing the women from all the other guys in the LWO, who seem exasperated. Eddy's personality has grown by leaps and bounds, but he's not in an environment yet where they can channel it into making him a star.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, the star of the vignettes may be half-dead, but we used the film stock, we're gonna show it come hell or high water! Poor Dandy is forced into valet parking duty, and then Eddy helps himself to Silver King's hat, the other girls, and everyone else's dinero in a poker game. He ends by imploring his fellow team members to put the LWO above themselves.

Someone in charge in WCW got way too emanored with and took the completely wrong lessons from all the soap-opera Russo bullshit we've been getting recently on Raw.

Entertaining segment from WCW Monday Nitro but also a commentary about when Latino-led labor movements - in this case, the TV storyline being the LWO uniting together to try to get Latino wrestlers better opportunities and pay in WCW - becomes hijacked by one's ego and machismo. Very few things crush movimentos populares more often than bad leadership. The Guerrero character at the time thought in "I", but by 2004, two days after he won the WWE Championship, he finally realized it was about "we".

• GSR changed the title to [1999-01-04-WCW-Nitro] LWO vignette