Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-01-11-WCW-Nitro] Kevin Nash vs The Giant

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes with Hall interfering liberally and taking a few bumps. Nash uses the wrench Bischoff planted for him earlier in the evening. Bischoff buries Nash at the broadcast booth as he's on his way to the WWF, and the NWO comes out to celebrate Nash's victory. Bye bye, Giant.

• 1 month later...

Shocked at how much offense Giant got as he single handely took care of the Outsiders until Nash hit the wrench shot. That was actually kind of classy if unexpected. This was a show long arc that worked and I loved Bisch popping up on commentary all of a sudden gloating. They give GIant the beatdown and send off and Hogan is still dressed weirdly and in an overall weird state of mind.

I have to say, this Nitro really impressed me. I seemed to recall Nitro really falling off after the fingerpoke and remember being 13 years old and hearing the main event of Superbrawl being Flair vs. Hogan and being like "what the fuck are these old guys still doing that for." In retrospect though, this was mostly a mistake free show that really repaired a lot of the damage from last week if they could have built on it and sustained it. Kudos for WCW for not playing dead as they was extreme backlash from the fingerpoke angle even though the internet wasn't as wide spread at the time.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1999-01-11-WCW-Nitro] Kevin Nash vs The Giant