Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-02-01-WWF-Raw] Vince McMahon hunts for Stone Cold

A series of vignettes on location in Texas. Patterson and Brisco dress like Texas stereotypes and look hilarious. Brisco says he's been beating up Texans all his life in a hilarious moment. Patterson tells a woman in his best horrible Texan accent he looks prettier than a spotted puppy and I can't stop laughing. Vince plays it straight and doesn't understand why people just going around from place to place being Vince doesn't get him everything he wants. Vince hates brisket. Brisco is covered in BBQ sauce and says "This is Mr. McMahon from Greenwich, CT!" The waitress dumps food on him for being a jerk. Vince makes clear his plan to provoke Austin into hitting him so the PPV match is off and then the Stooges can jump him. They seem unsure of this little plan. Patterson and Brisco are a riot! Vince thinks he's found Austin but he ends up finding another guy with a bald head and his back turned, and he has a gun! Finally, Vince finds Austin in a bar and gets in his face and Austin isn't taking the bait, but cuts a promo on Vince anyway. Vince keeps calling him a chickenshit. Austin leaves Vince and friends to the other angry bar patrons. Good stuff. I don't want to see on location stuff every week, but it seems like we never get it at all now.

Great comedy, Vince, Patterson and Brisco are all awesome here. Brisco berating the waitress for not appropriate serving Mr. McMahon from Greenwich Connecticut is the highlight.

Brisco carrying a big lasso is hilarious. As is Patterson talking to a woman while he has the Raw script in his back pocket. Vince was amazing with his deadpan comedy. Weird hearing him cuss.

I just criticized Mick for being too comedic and this series made me a liar because this was certainly comedic but also pretty damn great. I agree that this thing couldn't be done all the time but it is great as a one off type stuff.