Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1999-02-06-MPPW-TV] Interview: Randy Hales / Jim Cornette promo / Michael Hayes promo

Randy Hales introduces a taped promo from Jim Cornette. Cornette has the SMW backdrop in what I'm guessing is his home office. Corny hates Bruce Pritchard and supports Hales in his feud. He also has words for Brandon Baxter. He'll be joining Hales on 2/12 as his tag team partner, and Brandon Baxter will have a mystery partner. Meanwhile, Brandon Baxter shows a taped promo of Michael Hayes announcing that he's returning to Memphis to team with him. Well, Power Pro suddenly interests me, if only because we'll hopefully get a bunch of Hayes promos. This is mostly old Freebird catchphrases, but it turns out to be great, and I *LOVED* this because it seemed like he'd been sitting on this promo for five years just aching to get it out of his system.

Hayes during from Dok Hendrix to P.S got a big pop out of me. Great promo and it's rare that someone out promos Jim Cornette but he does it. I don't know if I want to see Cornette wrestling in 1999 though.

Hayes as the old legend coming into town is awesome and so much more welcomed than his shill act on WWF. Petty interesting way to keep Hales involved with all these guys from the past.

You know what? I'd buy a ticket to see this in 1999, no question. Would you believe that Hayes was younger than most of the WCW main eventers of this time? He wasn't even 40 yet!