Pro Wrestling Only

Please read -- important

Loss

In about two and a half months or so, I'd like to get this project underway. At that point I'll have a DVD recorder and can start making discs, but there is a lot of preparation that goes into this, so I'd like to start on that now. So I wanted to make a post with some important information and guidelines for future reference. Please PM me if you have any questions.

(1) Please have all nominations made in all categories by November 1 so we can assess the logistics of the project.

(2) There are two ways to participate -- the first way is to send "x" number of blank discs (we'll know how many soon) to me through snail mail and I'll mail them back to you with all the footage. The second way to participate is through donations.

(3) When I say donations, in this sense, I mean footage donations. The way this will work is that if you contribute 5 or more matches -- overall, to any category -- then you'll receive discs in all categories without having to mail blanks to me. Donating footage would mean either sending me the VHS so I can convert it to DVD or burning the footage for me. In lieu of volunteering footage, I will request footage I need, and at that point, you can PM me and I'll tell you how to get it to me. I do have an extensive library myself and I'm hoping that assistance will not be needed *too much*.

(4) If there are a large number of matches nominated that no one donates, they may have to be purchased. In that case, I will request, but not require, financial donations to help the cause. It will not be held against you if you can't contribute, but it will be appreciated if you can. I'll be specific with numbers when making any requests -- meaning the footage we need consists of the following, costs "X" number of dollars, and I need "X" number of dollars to be able to purchase it. If you contribute financially, you will receive that category's discs without having to send blank discs to me.

(5) If you are in a financial bind and are unable to participate but want to participate, please let me know. The costs should be minimal to you anyway -- postage and discs, no more or less -- but I know that everyone's financial situation has the potential to be different. Contact me through PM if you honestly don't have the money to do this, but really want to. If I provide discs for you for free and you do not participate or do not contribute to the discussion about the footage, you will not be allowed to participate in any of the rest of the categories, and as an admin on this board, I may just ban you from NMB. Of course, there are extenuating circumstances where exceptions may be made, but the key there is communication.

(6) If you receive discs and do not contribute, meaning you don't make a list and don't post in any of the threads, you can still participate in the rest of the categories, but you'll have to pay $10.00 per disc. That money will be used to fund the rest of the project. The goal here is for everyone to watch and discuss the footage, and if that's not happening, this is a large waste of time.

Okay, now that I've been mean, I can be nice again. I just had to get the ugliness out of the way. I think this will be great fun, and I'll do my best to manage this efficiently, but there may be times when I need help.

Thanks to all of you for making nominations and showing great interest in this project.

Will you be requesting all of the footage you need at some point, or will you only request the footage you need for the current category we're on? I'm sure there's some people who'd like to donate, but only have footage for certain categories, in which case they'd have to send b&p for any categories that come before those. (*coughmecough*) That is assuming only the footage for the active category will be requested of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see that until now. Good idea. The whole project is going to take over a year to do anyway, and there aren't even any categories that we're remotely close to having as complete a view as we need, so yes, we can take this time and figure out all the nominations in advance, and anyone who donates needed footage won't have to provide any DVDs or pay postage.

• 2 weeks later...

As it stands, there aren't any categories we have a complete view of. I don't want us to start on US 80s, for example, and realize in three months that we left some stuff out. We could do US 90s now, but no one knows enough about the USWA/SMW/other indies stuff to step up and say what matches should be included. At this point, with new footage being discovered all the time, there's not one category that we could properly do justice because everything is so sketchy. Even if we stripped it down more and just did 90s WWF, for example, we need someone to recommend all the worthwhile handhelds, the great TV matches, etc. That's the dilemma the project is facing at the moment.

I should have DVD burning capabilities in about a month.

As it stands, there aren't any categories we have a complete view of. I don't want us to start on US 80s, for example, and realize in three months that we left some stuff out. We could do US 90s now, but no one knows enough about the USWA/SMW/other indies stuff to step up and say what matches should be included. At this point, with new footage being discovered all the time, there's not one category that we could properly do justice because everything is so sketchy.

I would suggest going through tape lists form some dealers and try to figure out what matches that look interesting but nobody has seen yet. With that done, you will at least have a rough idea of what you need to get. If noone is able to do the research that would be needed to find the best USWA/SMW/other indies stuff then you might have to ignore it or else this whole thing will start to look like a dog chasing it's tale.