Pro Wrestling Only

Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

Grimmas

I voted Ricky Steamboat 24th in 2016 and I feel good about that. Steamboat is one of those folks who was never worse than good and was usually great. I expect him to take a hit based on some of the names below him but I can't see him out of the top 50. I don't know what else to say about Steamboat. Its Steamboat, he's awesome 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Steamboat at 23 in 2016, and that's probably a little higher than he'll finish in 2026, but he's still Steamboat and still awesome and still arguably the greatest long-time babyface in US wrestling history. I'm kind of surprised that some of his goofier selling has never really bothered me, but it hasn't and I rarely find it hammy. Or at least too hammy, I guess. Even if it's over the top I can get a kick out of Steamboat EMOTING all day. An amazing face in peril and a bit of an underrated hot tag, plus he has one or two decent singles matches on his resume as well. The WWF run that was maybe right in his prime probably wasn't as good as it would've been had he stayed in Crockett, but I like the Jake feud a lot and the Savage stuff is great. The Japan run has some good stuff, but is probably a bit disappointing on the whole. Retired as one of the best wrestlers in America; maybe the world. Doesn't have as effective karate as Stan Lane but I suppose it's not a big deal. 

RICKY STEAMBOAT YOU SHOULD WATCH:

w/Jay Youngblood v Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle (JCP, 3/12/83) 

v Tully Blanchard (JCP Starrcade, 11/22/84)

v Jake Roberts (WWF, 6/27/86)

v Randy Savage (WWF, 2/14/87)

w/Eddie Gilbert v Ric Flair & Barry Windham (NWA World Championship Wrestling, 1/21/89)

v Ric Flair (NWA Chi-Town Rumble, 2/20/89) 

v Ric Flair (NWA Clash of the Champions VI, 4/2/89)

v Terry Funk (NWA Clash of the Champions VII, 6/14/89)

v Lex Luger (NWA Great American Bash, 7/23/89)

w/Dustin Rhodes v Arn Anderson & Larry Zbyszko (WCW Clash of the Champions XVII, 11/19/91)

w/Dustin Rhodes & Nikita Koloff v Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton & Larry Zbyszko (WCW Saturday Night, 5/23/92)

v Rick Rude (WCW Beach Blast, 6/20/92)

v Steve Austin (WCW Clash of the Champions XX, 9/2/92)

w/Shane Douglas v Hollywood Blonds (WCW Clash of the Champions XXII, 1/13/93)

v Steven Regal (WCW Fall Brawl, 9/19/93)