Pro Wrestling Only

Masked Superstar/Demolition Ax

Grimmas

Demolition is up there for my all-time favourite teams and that is mostly due to Eadie. The psychology he put into that team to make them the awesome cut the ring in half and everything has a purpose was outstanding. Especially when you consider his partner.

I've seen some fun Masked Superstar stuff, but I really need to see more. It's so strange to see him work that way. I don't know anything about his Machines run though.

He has some kind of shot of making my list, but that hinges on the Masked Superstar stuff.

• 1 year later...

From what I saw, he was just as bland and boring as Masked Superstar as he was as Ax. No idea how that gimmick ever worked in the 80's actually. Really, "Masked Superstar" sounds like something that would get over in the 50's or 60's (it's like Super Strong Machine. What the hell is this supposed to mean ?).

From what I saw, he was just as bland and boring as Masked Superstar as he was as Ax. No idea how that gimmick ever worked in the 80's actually. Really, "Masked Superstar" sounds like something that would get over in the 50's or 60's (it's like Super Strong Machine. What the hell is this supposed to mean ?).

A bland and boring guy does not get over in those two separate gimmick that well. People can hate on Demolition all they want, but Eadie was far from bland and boring.

I don't even hate the Demos. They were a decent team all things considered (and by that I mean, Barry Darsow was half the team, so hat's off to Ax for keeping the level above complete suckiness, although Ivan Koloff he wasn't). But I always hear that Masked Supertar was that much better than cartoony WWF Eadie, but to me what I've seen of his work is totally uninspiring.

It's kinda like the idea that Duggan was so good in Mid-south and that he only sucked in WWF and WCW. And then I went through Mid-south entire TV seasons and… ok, that's for another thread.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

His work making Darsow look like a bad ass killer and turning in one of the best tag teams of the 1980s is so fucking impressive. Just a master of ring psychology. Add that to being able to change gimmicks and styles around it (Ax and Superstar are nowhere near the same). I love Eadie. I hopefully can find a spot for him near the bottom, but we'll see.

He replaced Nikolai Volkoff in the Mongols, as Bolo Mongol, for his first big break. There's a 1975 IWA tag and a 1976 Bolo vs Dino Bravo match (Bolo Mongol, of the Mongols, is hilariously announced as hailing from Parts Unknown) on Youtube for very early glimpses of Eadie.

Big fan of Eadie, here, but I think he's a Most Solid/Sound Wrestler contender rather than a Greatest.

• 2 weeks later...