Pro Wrestling Only

Hisakatsu Oya

Grimmas

• 10 months later...

Solid undercard SWS worker. Super solid upper midcard FMW worker. Has a few really really good singles match (against Hayabusa in 95). Totally underrated. Would be remembered much more fondly if he had worked in New Japan (or maybe not). But not really a top 100 contender.

I think you're probably right that he's not a Top 100 worker, but I could see mileage varying greatly on him and I think everyone should at least check out his best stuff. Writing him off sight unseen would be a mistake.

Hisakatsu Oya vs Hayabusa (06/95, 08/95)

Hisakatsu Oya vs Mr. Gannosuke (01/99)

Those are the ones that stand out just thinking about him, but if you go back through the Match Discussion Archive, there are more.

• 5 years later...

Oya is one of the funniest wrestlers ever. A gangly armed, balding dork who likes to play technical wrestler but is stuck in a garbage fed and somehow has the worlds deadliest backdrop. The face off with Ishikawa in the FMW vs. BattlARTS tag is pretty cool. I also quite enjoy his aging veteran work in the 2000s where he is shaven headed and mostly works tags stretching and smacking people and sometimes dropping them on their heads. I wonder what kind of work he did in his own promotion, Hokuto Pro Wrestling.

• 2 years later...