Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-03-ECW-TV] Little Guido vs Yoshihiro Taijiri vs Super Crazy

Loss

• 1 month later...

Very good match. This avoided the usual three-way pitfalls of having a guy who has to sell for unusually long periods of time while the other two go at it. They found creative ways around that. I also like that ECW 3-ways are elimination rules, because that makes far more sense to me than just one decision taking the match. Little Guido submits Super Crazy in the first decision, which I liked because I actually think Guido was Taijiri's best ECW opponent based on what I've seen so far, even though Super Crazy was his most known rival. Nothing that will change the world, but I liked that they took a match type I usually don't enjoy and made it work.

• 2 months later...

I love all this Guido/Crazy/Tajiri stuff. Really feels like a style you're not gonna see anywhere else which is nice. The emphasis is always on the work, and the work is great, but they work in enough rule breaking stuff to still give it a very distinct ECW feel without letting that stuff take over the match. I like how they were able to get all three guys consistently involved in the action without recourse to contrived three-person spots. The crow is super into this and it's quite a performance for a house show.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1999-07-03-ECW-TV] Little Guido vs Yoshihiro Taijiri vs Super Crazy