Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-05-WCW-Nitro] Kevin Nash, Randy Savage and Sid

Loss

• 1 month later...

Savage and Sid lay out Juventud Guerrera because why not. Sid gets on the mic and calls out Sting. Sid claims Nash has really messed with "this mind's man" before handing the mic over to Savage. Savage gets booed so loudly that he decides he has nothing to say and throws the mic down before Sid starts talking again. Nash interrupts via Turnertron with a happy Torrie Wilson by his side. THIS FEUD. Savage asks where George is and Nash tells him she's getting dressed. So glad this feud is almost over. It to this point is the single worst main event program of the decade, maybe in history.

• 2 months later...

Everything about this segment is stupid, pointless and confusing. WCW has really turned a corner here. Even in the beginning of the year you could see them doing dumb stuff -- the Fingerpoke of course, the weird face/heels turns, but I generally enjoyed the product. There was exciting stuff going on and the people on top were over. In the last month everything has just gone straight to hell. Definitely one of the worst main event programs ever.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Aw, the last Nitro I ever went to. Their was such deflation seeing the crowd here compared to 7/6/98 and 1/4/99. Even as a 12 year old, it really was alarming to me that WCW was pretty much DOA. Sid's promo here wasn't much and Savage cant even muster up words. Sid keeps wearing the belt. Nash cuts in wearing a Thrashers jersey and TOrrie still giggling in the background. What an awful program all around.

• 2 years later...

"YOU SEE, MY FATHER TOLD ME ONE TIME--THAT SUFFERING BUILDS CHARACTER."

Character_Building.png

Sid's father, ladies and gentlemen. This is also the infamous-at-the-time "YOU CAN'T MESS WITH THIS MIND'S MAN...THIS MAN'S MIND, EXCUSE ME" promo that replaced "We're live buddy" in the pecking order of Sid promo screw-ups, only for it to be replaced itself later in the year.

Sid is bad, Savage is worse, and Nash is unbearable. His indifferent too-cool-for-school act is semi-tolerable as a cool heel, but it's impossible to swallow when he's a babyface. If he doesn't care or act concerned about anything that's going on, why should the viewer? These segments are making the makeup and drag angles look like 1983 Mid-South. There are like 37 different points in 1999 where it appears that WCW is dead in the water but these last 2 weeks seem like another bullet point. The Georgia Dome is very ominously blacked out and this company seems to have deteriorated badly from even the worst point in 1998.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-07-05-WCW-Nitro] Kevin Nash, Randy Savage and Sid