Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-07-24-Osaka Pro] Dick Togo & Black Buffalo & Policeman vs Super Delphin & Masato Yakushiji & Masaru Seno

Loss

• 1 month later...

I don’t think this was quite as good as the 5/4 match, mainly because it didn’t have the same level of chaos, but the difference was negligible. The wrestling may have been better in some ways, and I liked how every individual in the match got plenty of chances to be in the match for long periods of time, whereas the 5/4 match was lacking Yakushiji. Speaking of, I love the guy, so seeing him as FIP is pretty cool, and he and Togo have worked together for years at this point so they pair off really well. I like how Togo angled that crossface to make it look even nastier and more dangerous than it normally does. This didn’t peak as high overall as 5/4, but it’s also less flawed. Split the difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This was a lot slower and more storyline based than the first Osaka pro match on the set. Dick Togo was clearly above everyone else and Yakushiji continues to rule. Nice to see some Osaka Pro legends like Policeman and Black Buffalo in the early years. Gotta agree with tim though about this not being much. The end with the undertaker clone was weird.

• 5 months later...

I appreciated how different this felt from the 5-4 trios. Black Buffalo in particular seemed to have grown a lot as a worker. Seno was used as the whipping boy in the 5-4 trios, but here he gets to unload more of his offensive arsenal. The structure worked as a more even match until Togo's team takes over on Yakushiji. The transition to the tag and finish was neat with Yakushiji fending off all three members of the opposing team. Finish was well done too as we get a dive train sequence that neutralizes everyone on the floor except Togo and Seno. The angle of Togo's senton is gorgeous and shows how much air he gets. ***3/4

• 1 year later...

Fun and enjoyable, but no, I didn't see this as all that special either. Yakushiji is as good as ever and Togo is great, but his partners weren't all that impressive and this felt like an extended studio match--possibly because of the setting--more than a 6-man lucharesu showcase. I liked 5/4 better if only because it seemed fresher. The stupid Ministry of Darkness postmatch angle isn't worthy of any further comment.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-07-24-Osaka Pro] Dick Togo & Black Buffalo & Policeman vs Super Delphin & Masato Yakushiji & Masaru Seno