Pro Wrestling Only

Unlicensed wrestler homages in other media

pol

Also if you're into old school 2-D fighting games, there's a chance at this point you know about MUGEN, which is an open source engine where people take characters from basically every fighting game ever and put them in a blender. It's a pretty neat hobbyist game/program but you do have to put work into it because you have to download all the characters, stages etc yourself.

Someone did a CM Punk in that. I actually haven't seen too many other wrestlers done in that which is, in a way, pretty surprising.

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/seanaltly/media/mugen32-2.png.html

Don't know where else to put this, but it occurred to me while watching MX Express & Ernie Ladd vs RnR Express & Duggan from Mid-South.

I really hope Will Ferrell's character in Talladega Nights is named after Ricky Morton and Bobby Eaton. I'm just going to assume that it is.

Don't know where else to put this, but it occurred to me while watching MX Express & Ernie Ladd vs RnR Express & Duggan from Mid-South.

I really hope Will Ferrell's character in Talladega Nights is named after Ricky Morton and Bobby Eaton. I'm just going to assume that it is.

More to do with being a NASCAR thing than a 'rasslin thing though.

I mean using your logic Ricky Bobby could be for Ricky Steamboat & Bobby Heenan just as easily. ;)

More to do with being a NASCAR thing than a 'rasslin thing though.

I mean using your logic Ricky Bobby could be for Ricky Steamboat & Bobby Heenan just as easily. ;)

Stony logic. Let me have my pipe dreams. :)

And Ricky Morton/Bobby Eaton are about 50,000 times more Southern than Steamboat and Heenan.

• 4 months later...

Reading this thread for the first time, and I find all the Tiger Mask ripoffs to be especially hilarious, considering that TM was a live-action adaptation of a cartoon character in the first place.

HOWever:

Alex (Street Fighter): Hulk Hogan

What, this guy is supposed to be Hogan?

alex--article_image.jpg

I don't see it, at all. He looks more like a blonde Rambo than anything else.

• 3 months later...