Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-08-09-WWF-Raw] The Rock and Chris Jericho

Loss

• 1 month later...

The Rock is issuing a challenge to the Big Show when the Countdown To The Millenium pops up on the Titantron and hits zero. Chris Jericho debuts in the WWF to a huge pop! Pretty classic moment. Apparently, a lot of things he said in this promo hit a little close to home when insulting the entire WWF roster, so while the segment was a major success, it would be a bumpy road ahead.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

At the time Jericho was my favourite wrestler so it was awesome having him show up on Raw. Immediately he gets a bigger push than he ever did in WCW by opposing The Rock. Y2J cuts a breathless promo where he carries over his old character whilst cutting down on the comedy a bit. He needed to do that to be an upper tier guy but I do miss Ralphus. He runs down the existing roster and immediately gets his name added to the HHH hit list. As long as he doesn't keep wrestling like a Cruiserweight then everything will be okay.

• 4 months later...

Iconic moment from the second Jericho shows up on the titantron. Jericho gives a good promo and I think it is ridiculous for anyone to feel offended as he said some stuff that was totally outlandish that it negated any truth some individuals might have about some of his claims. Him and Rock have instant chemistry with each other.

• 1 year later...

Jeez, no comments about the iconic GTV segment that seems to imply Billy Gunn getting some sort of rash-causing agent spread on his ass?

Jericho is immediately made into a bigger deal than he ever was in WCW, making one of the best entrances ever and being matched up with the #1a babyface in the company. I can't imagine how much of a...(sigh) "snowflake" you'd have to be in the back to get offended by Jericho's promo because he's clearly still playing his WCW buffoon character and saying so many ridiculous falsehoods about TV ratings, buy rates, and crowd reactions that it's impossible to take seriously. It won't be all moonlight and roses in the coming months for Jericho but for one segment he and the WWF knocked it out of the park.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-08-09-WWF-Raw] The Rock and Chris Jericho