Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-08-14-MPPW-TV] Jim Cornette, Steve Bradley, Randy Hales and Kevin Christian

Loss

• 1 month later...

Steve Bradley comes out with Cornette in his corner. Bradley looks like at least a good a prospect as Angle at this point based on his camera presence and persona. Cornette claims that Bradley has the potential to outshine Shawn Michaels and The Rock. He claims Randy Hales has been holding him down because he's not from the South, and wants Hales to come out and face him. Cornette is wanting to use the PPW title for leverage to get ownership of PPW but Hales isn't biting, and reminds Cornette and Bradley that they are outnumbered. Hales orders a rematch between Bradley and Angle on today's show with the title on the line.

Amazing little pipsqueak Kevin Christian comes out and says as the matchmaker, he did not approve of this match. Hales claims as the owner, founder and President of the company, he has veto power over everything - the match will happen. Good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Count me as one of the many that thought that Steve Bradley was dynamite. Around this time, I went to a WWF house show in Evansville with a buddy and Bradley was on the card. Since he wasn't on tv or had a stupid catchphrase or fat fake titties, most of the crowd shit on the match.
I don't know why he never got that break in WWF/E. When they cut him, I was hoping that he was going to pop up on the thriving indy scene of the day (the ROHs, IWAMSs, PWGs and the like) but he never did. I was also hoping Flash Flannigan would become a fixture on those circuits as well but he exiled himself to Puerto Rico.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Bradley does feel like a lost prospect based on what we have seen here. Cornette and Hales have another go between and Kevin Christian being in the middle of everything makes the angle that much more effective. i really think 99 Power Pro may contend with most years of the 90's for the best Memphis television besides 90-early 92 and the USWA/WWF feud.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1999-08-14-MPPW-TV] Jim Cornette, Steve Bradley, Randy Hales and Kevin Christian