Pro Wrestling Only

Titans of Wrestling #37: WWF March 1981

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrestling-37-wwf-in-march-1981/

titans37.png

Parv, Pete, Johnny and Kelly are back once again for some 1981 goodness from WWF.

On the docket tonight:

03-07 KING KONG MOSCA vs JOSE ESTRADA WWF TV

03-21 ANDRE THE GIANT vs HULK HOGAN PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

03-21 BOB BACKLUND vs SGT SLAUGHTER WWF TITLE/CAGE PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

03-28 MOONDOGS vs DENUCCI/STALLONE WWF TV

04-04 MARTEL/GAREA vs MOONDOGS TAG TITLE WWF TV

Highlights include:

- Bios for King Kong Angelo Mosca and some jobber

- Dick Woehrle sitting on a turnbuckle

- EPIC Kal Watch

- The search for "The True Heir of Jack Brisco"

- The long awaited return of THE MAILBAG (this time with actual real listener questions)

Don't understand why you aren't behind James Caan as Bruno, perfect casting imo, because James Caan looks enough like Bruno to carry the essence of him. If he bulked up a bit, you'd totally buy him as Bruno.

I wonder if Pete is thinking about Bruno now and James Caan now ... I'm thinking about Bruno from the 70s and Caan from the 70s.

220px-James_Caan_-_1972.jpg

Bruno spending time with his family.

JAMES-CAAN-01.jpg

Bruno hanging out with the Rat Pack in NYC.

2485-16209.gif

Bruno after a work out at his local gym.

0.jpg

A reminder of what Bruno looked like.

Party's over, grandpa. You can have your pablum and P's & Q's, but nostalgia will only take you so far. Sure it appeals to your fellow bell-bottom-wearing, Three's Company-watching hippies, who revel in their glory days, but if you want to build a bridge to the future wrestling fan then you need a wrestling fan, who can speak today's vernacular and relate to their wrestling woes and ills. You need someone with Animal Magnetism to make all the men pack their ear buds in and all the women swoon. You need someone with a melodious and dulcet voice that will be filling their ears with aural candy. You especially need somebody with some HAIR!!! You need...you need..Reading that back, nobody my age would understand that promo so I guess you don't need me. :P

So keep on churning out the awesome podcasts with or without me. This was a fucking blast. Though, I do look forward to my triumphant return to Titans of Wrestling to discuss...well that is Kelly and mine's secret. I'll be back to discuss Tito/Martel/Steamboat later this afternoon.

Don't understand why you aren't behind James Caan as Bruno, perfect casting imo, because James Caan looks enough like Bruno

to carry the essence of him. If he bulked up a bit, you'd totally buy him as Bruno.

I wonder if Pete is thinking about Bruno now and James Caan now ... I'm thinking about Bruno from the 70s and Caan from the 70s.

220px-James_Caan_-_1972.jpg

Bruno spending time with his family.

JAMES-CAAN-01.jpg

Bruno hanging out with the Rat Pack in NYC.

2485-16209.gif

Bruno after a work out at his local gym.

0.jpg

A reminder of what Bruno looked like.

He looks like Jay Leno.