Pro Wrestling Only

Mima Shimoda & Etsuko Mita

Grimmas

LCO.

'nuff said.

Okay, maybe not. Short pants. Bloodletting. Mita the enforcer. Shimoda the bitch. Really good 90's style workers during teh first half of the decade, then turned old-school heel in 97 and became the greatest team ever, kicking the shit out of every girl in sight, making them bleed and liking it. Two tremendous workers on their own merits putting 2 and 2 together on how to give back some life to a struggling joshi scene. My favourite tag team ever ? Probably. In the span of two years and a half, pilled up some of the greatest brawl ever. And were already excellent before and quite good after their peak, although they tended to rely more and more on formula (working in GAEA will do that to you). And a great music theme to boot. Yeah, LCO.

• 6 months later...

They had a really tremendous "Before they were LCO" match against Toyota and Yamada on 1/24/94 that stands as one of the best non-Kansai/Ozaki tag matches Toyota and Yamada ever had. But I'm with Jerome, here. They were definitely one of the great heel teams of the decade and stand out amongst the go-go-go stuff that was so pervasive in joshi. I think I'm gonna have room for them on my list, but it's going to be tough.