Pro Wrestling Only

The best of the 70's wrestlers

JerryvonKramer

• 4 weeks later...

He doesn't really get much credit in traditional circles as a worker, but Blackjack Mulligan deserves some talk as well. He was a big burly brawler more than anything, but he had great timing and knew how to captivate a crowd. I'd at least like to see him fleshed out.

If someone has already said this and I missed it, forgive me, but Andre would be fun to discuss in this context too. He has plenty of output that could be viewed.

Also, how much Ken Lucas is on tape? What footage, if any, do we have of Mascaras outside of Japan?

As far as I know, the only halfway decent run of Ken Lucas on tape is him teaming with Ricky Morton is Southwest. Pretty much the whole run of Southwest on USA Network is out there and they were the featured babyface team during this time period & feuding with The Grapplers. There is also that fun little run against Lawler that's on tape but if I remember the matches shown are short clips.

He doesn't really get much credit in traditional circles as a worker, but Blackjack Mulligan deserves some talk as well. He was a big burly brawler more than anything, but he had great timing and knew how to captivate a crowd. I'd at least like to see him fleshed out.

Mulligan was very much the Big Boss Man of the '70s--a big man who was not only surprisingly nimble but who could do a stunningly effective job of working underneath as a sympathy babyface, despite dwarfing most of his opponents. There's a face Mulligan vs. heel Paul Jones match on the Mid-Atlantic films that should totally not work, but it does.

• 2 months later...