Pro Wrestling Only

Nicest person in wrestling

Cross Face Chicken Wing

Never heard an unkind word about Tito Santana.

One time I asked one of Santana's acquaintance's if I could talk to Santana at some point. I wasn't really expecting any actual reply or if I did get one, wasn't expecting anything soon. Literally one day after I asked, I get a call from a New Jersey area-code, and it's Santana himself. I wish everyday people I know where that good at returning phone calls.

You can't leave the story there! What does one talk about when Tito Santana calls them up?

Ha, sorry for the late reply, just saw this. The reason I wanted to talk to him was I had an idea to write a short story in some local periodical about him and a brief overview of his career. So when he called unexpectedly, I just briefly made small talk then asked if I could talk to him more in-depth another day, so I could prepare. He was like, 'Sure no problem.' When we talked again a few days later, we chatted a lot about his childhood and growing up in the Rio Grande Valley (where Santana and I are both from). He told me about growing up in a really poor area, being embarrassed about the clothes he would have to wear, and about working hard labor as part of a migrant family. I was trying to get him to tell me if he listened to any local bands growing up, but he couldn't remember. Then after that we talked a bit about his career. Just a really cool humble person.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was at a comic book store and I asked him about his push in WCW (this was April of 98) and we both theorized that Bischoff and company didn't really trust him. I mentioned to him about Owen and asked if Vince still trusted Owen. He said sort of and I mentioned concern that something might happen bad to Owen. I had a career burial in mind obviously, but I could tell it made an impact on Bret.