Pro Wrestling Only

Radiolab: The Montreal Screwjob

Grimmas

I had the same excited reaction, but after listening I found it completely unremarkable. The 3 main interviewees are Grantland's Masked Man, Peter Rosenberg, and VINCE RUSSO. As a wrestling fan it wasn't anything really and based on how they presented it, I don't know why a non-fan would have cared either.

I'm not necessarily saying they should have gotten Meltzer or not done it at all, but they should have gotten Meltzer.

While I'm not saying that wrestling should be held to the same BS tests and fact-checking as world affairs and politics, the way wrestling gets discussed within mainstream media always make me a little more suspicious of news reports and "experts" on other subjects. Whether your own area of interest is wrestling or Finnish movies or astronomy, it often seems that when presenting a topic to the layman, less-than-ideal people are chosen to speak on it. Even Shoemaker, who I like as a writer, can be hazy on history (though I can't blame him for wanting to appear on Radiolab rather than tell them "You don't wanna talk to me - you need Dave Meltzer"). I can understand Rosenberg as a 35-year old DJ for the biggest radio station in NY, and Shoemaker for Grantland cache, but Russo's continued ability to pull wool over eyes is really something. Though it's a something that would be avoided if WWE were willing to talk to the press about their own history.