Source: me being there live

Dark match - Sylvan b. Funaki

Velocity

LOD b. Nunzio/Vito

Hardcore Holly b. Simon Dean

Kid Kash b. Scotty 2 Hotty

London/Kendrick b. Regal/Burchill

SD

Backstage: Teddy Long announces four Team SD qualifying matches, denoted by a * (Batista is already a team member)

Rey Misterio b. Randy Orton by DQ*

Bob pulled Rey to the floor on the West Coast Pop attempt for the DQ, Orton beatdown ensued afterwards with Matt Hardy making the save and giving Orton the Twist of Fate.

Backstage: Orton is mad about the Twist of Fate.

MNM comes out and brings out some girl from America's Top Model, and Melina eventually slaps her around a bit before the Mexicools save.

Bobby Lashley b. Orlando Jordan*

Total squash.

Backstage: Edge asks to get out of the street fight, and Teddy says he's OK with it, so long as Edge can personally talk Batista out of it.

Eddie Guerrero b. Mr. Kennedy by DQ*

Eddie was the biggest face of the night, but Kennedy's schtick was pretty over, too. Ref bumped in the corner, then Eddie grabs a chair, but the ref is getting up too fast, so Eddie smacks the mat with the chair, then tosses it to Kennedy and lays on the mat. Kennedy lays Eddie out with the chair after, drawing pretty good heel heat.

Backstage: Edge and Lita talking, ending with Edge going off to see Batista and then the Boogeyman scaring Lita away.

Juniors match with a masked guy and a non-masked guy. Palmer Cannon joins commentary. Masked man won with an elbow off the top. Typical midget comedy match.

Backstage: Batista declines to step out of the match.

Backstage: The Dicks promo, hyping debut next week against LOD.

JBL b. Chris Benoit*

Booker T came out as Benoit went up for the swandive and joined commentary. JBL took eight Germans throughout the match. At the end, Benoit had the Sharpshooter hooked, but broke it to attack Booker on the apron, then got hit with the Clothesline from Hell.

Batista/Edge never happened, as Big Show and Kane came out and layed out Batista (who, according to Meltzer, may have been injured legit on the double chokeslam) and all the faces from Velocity who ran in and tried to save. I guess Kane and Edge are now friends since it's RAW vs SD, or something.

Off the air

We didn't get the triple threat which was advertised on TV here, either, as Orton just came out and "apologized" to Batista for being late, and an impromptu match started, which saw Orton pound Batista for a couple minutes, only to get hit with a spinebuster and pinned. Eddie was supposed to be the third man, but apparently he was selling a concussion from the chairshot.

Maybe it was just the bias of being there live, but after watching tonight it astounds me that someone could actually think RAW is better, unless they're a huge mark for a particular person/people on RAW. They stuck mostly to the wrestling, with no diva crap and the backstage stuff kept short and to the point. Too much Edge for my liking, but I can let that slide considering the match building up for SS.

Guest Alfdogg

Before we get to the results which I will send in shortly after sending this, tonight's potentially major news is that Batista was injured. Odds are it was from the double chokeslam from Kane and Big Show to end Smackdown. After they stopped taping for TV, Orton came out for the local main event (Batista vs Orton vs Eddie) As Orton was on the mic, Batista was still down. There was no ref in the ring until Orton called for one right before he put the boots to Batista. Therefore, I don't think Randy had any communication from Batista that he couldn't continue.? As soon as Jimmy Korderis figured it out, he threw up the X symbol and it was an obvious visual scramble to get out of there. Within a minute or so, they set up a quick spinebuster spot and Batista just rolled over and covered Orton for the 3. (no Eddie because he was selling the concussion angle from earlier in the show) Once the match was over, help came out from the back and Batista did get up eventually and walk out with the two assistants, however he didn't acknowledge the crowd at all or hold up his belt. He just got out of there and straight to the back.

That's what was posted at TSM. He did stop at the entryway and hold the belt up, though.

Considering that the voting showed Matt Hardy to be quite over, it's good that they're teasing a move up the card ... if they are indeed teasing a move up the card.

Remember last year when you said that 2005 was the year to really move Shelton Benjamin, Edge and Christian up the card? I think for 2006, they really, really need to do that with Matt Hardy and Rey Mysterio Jr. Mysterio been waiting for a while, but the reactions Hardy's getting, as well as going over a bunch lately (including Christian putting him over in his last WWE match) do at least tease a push.

They'll likely fuck it up and want to push someone else, but I can dream, right?

Via Meltzer...

The report we have is Batista legit tore his lat, which is no picnic as an injury, in shooting an angle with Big Show & Kane in Indianapolis at the Smackdown taping. We won't have any more info until the morning.

Sass's Thoughts: Well, shit. That's too bad for Batista.

Well one good thing about WWE's booking is that there probably weren't any long term storylines an injury like this would wreck.

So what should they do with the HHH Memorial Gold Belt Championship? If Batista's out for a period of time, do they strip him of the title? How do you determine a new champ?

Personally, they should bring back King of the Ring (or at least a KotR style tournament) for the next Smackdown only PPV and have the winner of the tournament be the new champion.

Storyline wise I think you award it to Guerrero under the pretense that he's just the interim champ until Batista recovers. Then when Batista comes back Eddie turns heel and refuses to give the belt back leading into a Mania match or something similiar.

I see them giving it to Orton or JBL though.

I agree that Guerrero is the best standby choice. I'd build to *one more* Eddy/Rey match to headline Wrestlemania with the caveat that the Loser Must Retire and the match is for the title. That stip ought to draw some buys, and they can bring back Eddy -- after losing -- a few months later.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Realistically, Hardy will probably just be jobber food for Orton for the next week or two to keep him strong for another match with Taker.

Hardy jus made the news! The silly everybody knows this news.Oh that Roeper

As for Batisita, they could do plenty of things at the Dec PPV having him lose the belt, and if hes healthy, return at wrestlemania and get it back. An elimination (chamber?) match with all the top contenders, perhaps. You can go with Eddie and Orton right of the bat. You can use the guys involved in Survivore Series match. If they win, Teddy Long can call it a reward, if the lose it can be a punishment. (You couldnt get the job done, so know youre gonna beat the hell out of each other, to wee whose really the best, who can really represent Smackdown, SD has a tendency to play up the whole competetive spirit aspect) The WWEs logical choice would be Orton, which cold be a presentable fued, against Batista. Wheter its the main event for the biggest show of the year or not is debateable.

I wonder if there are even enough guys to fill an EC main event on Smackdown.

Batista

Guerrero

Orton

JBL

Hardy

Misterio

I guess that would be the best collection of guys to put out there, but they'd probably do something silly like put Booker T in there ahead of Hardy or something.

Batista

Guerrero

Orton

JBL

Hardy

Misterio

I guess that would be the best collection of guys to put out there, but they'd probably do something silly like put Booker T in there ahead of Hardy or something.

Or they'll toss in Benoit, if he sticks around.

Batista

Guerrero

Orton

JBL

Hardy

Misterio

I wonder if Hunter would let Smackdown have his match. :) You also forgot The Undertaker from your list.

Actually an Elimination Chamber match for the title would probably be the best idea to draw a decent buy rate at the next Smackdown PPV if Batista is out for a long time, because tournaments to set up challengers were really overdone at the start of the year and have grown passe.

I really think they could do a lot worse than put the title on Rey, because it would be something fresh and something people wouldn't expect, but I can't see it happening. Transferring Shawn or Edge over to Smackdown and giving them the title wouldn't be a bad idea, the former as it would create several fresh matches and the latter because he's more ready for a title run than any of the heels on Smackdown.

Did anyone watch Smackdown tonight? I paid close attention since I knew about the injury, and it looked like Batista was holding his arm kind of funny after the start of the 2 on 1 attack as if he felt something wrong and was trying to survey the damage while still selling.

Guest Alfdogg

I actually never noticed it when I was there until the trainers ran in after the Orton match and started moving his arm around. I probably would never have noticed otherwise, even with that match being as short as it was. I'll have to watch the tape and look for it.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, looked like he was hurt after taking the boot from Kane. He immediately grabbed his side as he went down.

Also, I'm really digging heel Book & Sharmell. Who knew Nitro Girl Paisley would make such a great heel valet?

How sad is it that they're doing the RAW vs Smackdown feud that is nearly four years in the making and it's not even getting over? That was the one advantage to keeping the brands separate, and even that isn't working. I think the big reason is that it SD looks far too second rate when their world champ is involved in all of this, while HHH, Flair, Michaels, Angle and Cena -- the five top stars on RAW -- can't be bothered.