Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber 2015

Fantastic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting aside the match's internal storyline, I think Cena/Owens was a glimpse into the future of WWE main event style. With all the guys who cut their teeth in the indies and/or Japan coming in, it's inevitable that matches will feature more nearfalls and high-end offense. Guys like Ambrose and Harper have been working in that vein for a while now.

Yea I am really behind on WWE right now because I got a bit stuck in 1983. That said, I just watched Owens/Cena and I really liked it. But my feelings on it could be summed up by this:

* Loved Owens/Cena, but wouldn't call it a MOTYC. Very cool "big match feel" considering Owens is a relative unknown. Didn't adore either guy kicking out of eachother's finish, which also hurt the actual finish for me because it just seemed to come out of nowhere rather than being the result of a true "knockout blow."I

I also thought there was a huge difference between Lawler calling this match and like 99% of his other announcing stuff these days. He must be an Owens fan.

King worked Owens on Kevin's indy farewell tour, didn't he?