Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber 2015

Fantastic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Ambrose but if I see one more rope recovery clothesline spot tonight I'm going to throw my beer at the tv.

After I finish it.

He's been doing that multiple times a match for a while now. It's annoying.

And yeah, not really buying this finish....

I like Ambrose but if I see one more rope recovery clothesline spot tonight I'm going to throw my beer at the tv.

After I finish it.

It must be something with the move because Nigel McGuiness would do that move god knows how many times in his match to the point people got sick of Nigel

Whatever happens now, Ambrose can't just give them the belt.

And they would have done that just a year or two ago. They did it with Bryan.

Ok, that was better that it could have been if he just gave it up but we had a belt stealing angle just a few months ago.

After I finish it.

It must be something with the move because Nigel McGuiness would do that move god knows how many times in his match to the point people got sick of Nigel

From a kayfabe view, I guess if that's in your arsenal you'd be stupid to not use it every single time you got knocked into the ropes.

I'm not sure if it's possible to put together a worse blueprint for that match.

Chickenshit heel champ Rollins works the match like Triple H against the man he betrayed, who casually walks down to the ring and works the match like it was happening tomorrow night?

It's hard to blame the fans for failing to buy in when WWE doesn't even attempt to sell any of the history leading up to this match. And then they roll with a Dusty Finish as the cherry on the shit sundae?

So, let's think about this a bit. What's the role of a Dusty finish in 2015? What's the role in the network era? What's the role in this new chapter of the network era where they're running specials so soon after one another? It actually feels a little more viable than it did a year and a half ago to me since they have another show in two weeks and people didn't pay nearly as much for the PPV.

Cole did refer to wwe fans rather than the universe at one point, so this has been a great night for him

King calling Cole JR is still best announcer flub of the night! Troubling since its been quite some time since that team was together consistently, but funny "uh what?" moment.

I loved that he called out JBL for screwing up the team that Joe Namath beat in the super bowl but saying that they beat the Indianapolis Colts. Well at least he was half right :P

What the fuck was the point of Kalisto climbing to the top of the Chamber for an awful looking spot?

That was one of the worst spots I've seen in quite some time

In the grand scheme of the match, it was really just to set up Torito doing the same thing only to get caught, which was what led to the Matadors getting eliminated. That was the narrative point to that. Just think about that and how misguided it all was. Kallisto almost killed himself on a stupid spot that was dangerous, took forever to set up, and basically had Cesaro signalling for him to jump, just so that the mascot of another team could repeat it as a call back spot to trigger his team's elimination, the first or second elimination in a six team match.

I can see what they were going for on paper while putting together the match but it totally lacked perspective and bombed in execution.

Cole did refer to wwe fans rather than the universe at one point, so this has been a great night for him

King calling Cole JR is still best announcer flub of the night! Troubling since its been quite some time since that team was together consistently, but funny "uh what?" moment.

I loved that he called out JBL for screwing up the team that Joe Namath beat in the super bowl but saying that they beat the Indianapolis Colts. Well at least he was half right :P

The funny thing is, usually flubs like that are the other way around! I.e. you'd say "Peyton Manning led the Baltimore Colts to the Super Bowl."

In the grand scheme of the match, it was really just to set up Torito doing the same thing only to get caught, which was what led to the Matadors getting eliminated. That was the narrative point to that. Just think about that and how misguided it all was. Kallisto almost killed himself on a stupid spot that was dangerous, took forever to set up, and basically had Cesaro signalling for him to jump, just so that the mascot of another team could repeat it as a call back spot to trigger his team's elimination, the first or second elimination in a six team match.

I can see what they were going for on paper while putting together the match but it totally lacked perspective and bombed in execution.

Poor Kalisto looked like he caught nerves from hell up there. Totally senseless spot that should have been an obvious scratch.

A lot of guys looked nervous in the Chamber tag. Way too many bodies and very high chance of injury. If I was a talent I would hate working in one of those.

Case in point, look at those bumps Ryback and Sheamus were trading. Those things must have absolutely killed. Yet they kind of look like shit on tv because you can't go full force bumping on a steel fucking grate. So you're taking half ass bumps yet they're ten times more painful.

I'm still wary of them running Cena vs Owens II. If they were going to do it, I would have rather it been on a US challenge on Raw, make it throwaway, let Cena get his win back (you know he will, no matter how selfless he was tonight and at other times. It's just the WWE mentality, especially with a babyface ace), and pull the bandaid off.

You almost want people not to notice it and then get them apart and run Cena vs Owens III at some point when it really matters. Instead they're running it like they would anything else.

I never want to hear the announcers shout "FOR THE WIN!" again like they did over and over during every near-fall on this show. Is that a new thing, or am I only now noticing it? It's horrible!

- I skipped the pre-show and the ladies (sorry, but there's no way that match could ever come close to Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch, and I just didn't care).

- Tag Chamber was fun, even with the weird (botched?) Kalisto spot. I'm glad The Ascension is getting built back up (even though I don't love them) and Prime Time Players (who I do like) lasted until the end.

- I agree with the poster who called Cena/Owens compelling but just short of great, and like him, I think I prefer compelling. Very smartly executed match. Owens was made to look like a million bucks, on equal footing with Cena, and I'd still feel that way even if Cena won. I'm shocked that Owens got the victory. Wow, they are really strapping the rocket to him. One of the most incredible main roster debuts ever!

- Neville/Bo was okay but didn't really do NXT any favors. Why did Bo shave? Better yet, why did he grow facial hair in the first place?

- I liked I-C more than most of you. However, I agree that the Sheamus "strategy" where he kept himself locked in the cage wasn't explained well by the commentators or captured properly by the cameras. Looked more like another botch than anything intentional. I was rooting for Henry to win, but Ryback is over with the fans and probably deserves a run with I-C. His catchphrases feel so forced and fake to me though. They really irritate the hell out of me.

- The main event was shocking, but I had a feeling in the back of my mind that it would end up being a fuck finish. It makes no sense for Ambrose to win by DQ when it was his move that knocked out the ref. Other than that, I'm not sure whether I should be pissed at the screwjob or praise the finish for being interesting and full of emotion (both good and bad).

The show was ok considering that I had problems with the Network on my phone cause I was away from my own place.

The Owens/Cena match stood out the most and I don't care that it was a spot fest. It was great cause they made a new guy in the main event scene. I'm not even a Kevin Owens fan (I even used to avoid Steen matches when he was on the Indies) but he was great here.

I was so surprised that they did this with him instead Bray Wyatt and Rusev. Everyone is saying that Owens is going to lose for the rest of the year but I don't think so. I hope they go with the Undertaker vs Mankind formula that blew my mind as a kid in 96 where Taker won on house shows but Mankind beat Taker legit on TV. Those kids at the PPV felt the same way I did when Mankind beat Take at KOTR 96.

Got thoughts up on Cena vs Owens here on my blog. Needless to say, I had a fair bit to say on the subject.

On another note, I see people ragging on Kalisto for...whatever that was, but I kind of liked it. I tend to like moments in matches that expose a wrestler's humanity, that try to remind us that wrestlers aren't omnipotent beings who always have the perfect strategy all the time. Especially in the guise of wrestlers going into a strange gimmick match and trying to adapt to new surroundings.

Kalisto is a flippy do, and having been thrust into an Elimination Chamber, of all things, he decides from the outset "Well, I am the smallest dude in this crazy giant cage, in order to survive I am going to climb everything and jump off to create distance and attack dudes from the air." A good idea in theory given that his specialty is flying. BUT, once he's in there, he's trying to climb things and fly and it's just not working. He gets on top of the pod and New Day trap his leg in the roof. He tries again, and nobody in the ring is within jumping distance, and then New Day grab him again. He climbs the wall and then the roof in order to do...something, but once he's there he realises that he's stuck and can't do much of anything, except let go and topple onto everyone below. He had a strategy, it just...didn't pan out in reality. But that can happen when you put someone in as foreign an environment as putting a tiny flippy luchador into a giant cage with pods. Guys will try strange things. But they may not always work.

Honestly I loved Kalisto in the Chamber. The poor goofball.