Pro Wrestling Only

Elimination Chamber 2015

Fantastic

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the Owens match: I do think sometimes a match that's somewhat less "great" but can be more of a spectacle or more or more spectacular can be the RIGHT match. It's not always about what we think is good or appropriate. That match got Owens buzz, maybe even more buzz than a more balanced, more even match, one that we'd rank higher on MOTY or MOTD lists. And some people build that into how they rate a match. I generally don't, but I'll at least admit it.

EDIT: I hadn't seen Redman's comments when I wrote that (just caught that), but good post on her.

Cena/Owens was great in part because of it's flaws. I'll rant on it at length on the reaction show, but he got beat clean by Owens in Owens kind of match. Cena is the most selfless top star in history. No one else is close.

I don't necessarily disagree but I'd suggest Rock is at least close.

So how many times are we going to hear that they match would be have been better if Mark Henry didn't enter the match at the wrong time. They would all be wrong by the way. Just nobody really cares about these mid-carders. And no Bray wyatt in this match wouldn't have helped

All I caught of that was the last minute of Ziggler being in and then Sheamus vs Ryback. So I can't judge. What I saw was a lot of fun though. I guess I'm glad I missed what I didn't?

Part of me half thought that Bryan was going to clock him with the belt. I'm an eternal optimist tonight.

On Cena/Owens: I didn't think the kickouts were the problem as much as the turn-taking. It's not like there were any more kickouts than a 90s AJPW main event. But those matches had long runs of control with one guy getting several near-falls over the other, then a big transition. This had a good 10-15 straight minutes of big spot -> kickout -> weak transition -> repeat.

I still thought it was a good match, to be clear, and absolutely a star-making performance. Not a MOTYC though, even though as a moment it will probably end up being much more memorable than many MOTYCs.