Pro Wrestling Only

Championship Wrestling from Florida

RocketCrypt

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Shaw over Curt Hennig is a pretty big upset in this world. Shaw seems like a really good fit for Sullivan's band of misfits and I think that would have been a good learning experience for him at that point in his career. I'm always a mark for fireball angles and using Mike Von Erich as a sacrificial lamb is as good a use for him as any.

Poor Rip Rogers continues to get the short end of the stick on TV. I'm rooting for him to pull out an upset one of these days.

Glad to see Lord Alfred make his Florida debut and pairing him with the Briscos is definitely an interesting mix. They do happen to perfectly fit the kind of wrestler he was looking for in his time in Southwest. I also dug his promo and thought it felt very Lord Alfred-like.

Freddie Blassie as the Chairman of the Board is a pretty big reveal. I didn't see that coming. On the surface he doesn't really seem to fit with a crazy bunch of characters like Maya Singh and the Purple Haze but then he had a knack for making himself over to fit his wrestlers so I'm interested to see where it goes.

rsz_cwf_logo_pwo_1983_zpsvsulc04b.jpg
Taped: Nov. 2nd 1983 Airdate: Nov. 5th 1983
[Video]
[/Video]
we hear the usual CWF Theme as we see the closing moments of Dusty Rhodes vs Maya Singh where Freddie Blassie & family attacked Dusty
PWO%20CWF%201983%20SOLIE%20COLT_zpspgrhp
Gordon Solie: Hello everyone and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I'm Gordon Solie alongside me is Buddy Colt.
Buddy Colt: things will never be the same here in Florida as now Freddie Blassie has arrived on the scene. He and his dastardly family will likely spell trouble for American Dream Dusty Rhodes.
Gordon: Certainly it seems that way. We also saw the arrival of Lord Alfred Hayes here in Florida as the manager of The Brisco Brothers.
Buddy: Of course today is the day fans that Mike Von Erich signs his contract with Championship Wrestling From Florida.
Gordon: Fans we'll see Curt Hennig and The Long Riders in a big six man tag match today against The Brisco Brothers & Angelo Mosca in our featured bout.
Buddy: We also will see Rip Rogers & Sweet Daddy Siki vs vs Terry Gibbs and Rufus R Jones, Brian Blair vs Swede Hanson & Kevin Sullivan vs Johnny Weaver
Gordon: we'll be right back!
-Commercial Break-
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Let's go to our opening bout with Kevin Sullivan versus Johnny Weaver.
Kevin Sullivan w/Freddie Blassie & Purple Haze vs Johnny Weaver
John Carpenter's Halloween theme plays as Sullivan, Blassie & Haze come down to the ring as the fans boo
Sullivan just unleashes onto Weaver with a few nasty chops.
Weaver attempts a comeback but isn't successful for too long. Sullivan does his Devil Stomp on a down and out Johnny Weaver to inflict more pain.
Sullivan locks Weaver in the Tree of Woe (Figure 4 Leglock) as Weaver writhes in pain. Weaver submits and gives Sullivan the win @ 4:46
Blassie hands Sullivan something wrapped.
Before Sullivan use it though the lights flicker and go off.
xtolos250.jpg
Standing in the ring staring a hole right through Freddie Blassie is John Tolos.
kevinsullivanmarklewin_zpsa3470cd7.jpgfreddie-blassie-hof-pix_zpsg7yn7jiu.jpg
Kevin Sullivan, Purple Haze & Freddie Blassie are beyond shocked
Tolos grabs the house mic
John Tolos: Freddie you and your goons look real surprised to see me. I am here at the request of American Dream Dusty Rhodes. Together me and the Dream will be your walking talking nightmare.
Freddie: Tolos I beat the hell outta you not too long ago. Me and my boys will do it again.
Tolos: Freddie the war you and I waged over a decade ago will be reignited once again. the war has only just begun!
Blassie & his family make a hasty exit
Gordon: well that was certainly a surprise. John Tolos is here in Florida at the request of Dusty Rhodes. Right now let's go to a commercial break.
-Commercial Break-
Gordon: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Brian Blair in action next against the debuting Swede Hanson.
Brian Blair w/Destroyer vs 'Rebel' Swede Hanson
Brian Blair and Destroyer are seen talking about something as they wait for their opponent
Hank Jr's A Country Boy Can Survive plays as 'Rebel' Swede Hanson walks out to the ring
Swede waves the rebel flag as the fans boo him
Swede and Brian have a great back and forth match to start off the opening moments of the match.
They continue to punish each other as they pummel away at one another.
Swede hits a reverse neckbreaker on Brian Blair. Swede quickly covers him for the win @ 6:17
Gordon: we'll be back with Rip Rogers & Sweet Daddy Siki in tag action next. Also another Take Five with Barbara Clary.
-Commercial Break-
Gordon: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now a new team has formed in Hustler Rip Rogers & Sweet Daddy Siki who are aiming for the US Tag Team titles. Let's go to pre-recorded comments from them about their new team and more.
we hear Carly Simon's You're So Vain lightly playing in the background
Rip Rogers: My partner right here came here when I needed a helping hand. He'll beat the sizzling stuffing outta anyone you put in front of him.
Rip Rogers: I'm the one where women like to feast. 237 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal so god darn bad you think I'm unreal. I got prettier hair than Farrah Fawcett and more moves than John Travolta. I'm sexier than Marilyn Monroe ever thought she could be. We are the greatest, the newest and the latest here in Florida. Those US Tag Team titles are ours!
Sweet Daddy Siki: like Rip said we are the latest team here that is gonna take this area by storm.
Rip Rogers/Sweet Daddy Siki vs Terry Gibbs/Rufus R Jones
Rip and Siki easily dominate the opening moments as they use every underhanded and cheap dirty tactic in the book.
Rufus attempts a comeback to no avail. Rip chops away at him.
Rip puts Rufus in a rear naked choke who taps almost immediately. Rip & Siki get the win @ 4:52
Gordon: when we come back Barbara Clary has Lord Alfred Hayes on for tea in her Take Five segment. Plus Mike Von Erich returns to sign his contract.
---Commercial Break---
Buddy Colt: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Let's go to my colleague Gordon Solie who is in the ring with Promoter Eddie Graham as we await Mike Von Erich as he makes his way to the ring for his official contract signing.
Eye of the Tiger lightly plays as Mike Von Erich comes down to the ring for the first time after sustaining minor injuries when getting a fireball tossed at his face.
mike%20von%20erich%20intro_zpsgyvwppqh.p
Gordon: Mike we are so very thankful to have you back here with us.
Mike: Its good to be back. I am more ready now to get in the ring and get my hands on that big goof Makhan Singh.
Eddie: Mike you are a true fighter and a hero. Someone we can all be proud of unlike that big zero Makhan.
Mike: Thanks Mr Graham. Hey man he wants to fight me all you gotta do is produce a contract and I'll put my name on the dotted line.
Gordon: Mike..
Gordon is cut off as Makhan Singh comes down to ringside
Makhan: I'm surprised your baboon brain is ignorant enough to come out here and say put my name on the dotted. Cuz you known darn well Mikey that I'll put my name down on the dotted line ANYTIME!
Eddie: get the heck outta here right now! You've done enough damage to Mike with that fireball. I am warning you you ever do that again and you'll be fined or maybe even fired!
Dusty Rhodes, Ron Bass & Ricky Harris all three come down and surround the ring to protect Mike
Makhan Singh isn't so arrogant now as he quickly hightails it outta the area
Mike Von Erich is shown signing his official contract for Championship Wrestling from Florida. Eddie Graham also is shown signing it.
Buddy Colt: Let's go to Take Five with Barbara Clary in a segment that was taped earlier today.
VTR...
CWF%20-%20Ron%20Bass%20%20%20J.J.%20Dill
Barbara Clary: welcome to a special Take Five with Barbara Clary. This week Alfred Hayes joins me to discuss The Brisco's over some tea.
CWF%20LORD%20ALFRED%20HAYES%20CWF%201983
Alfred Hayes: Thank you dear for having me on for some tea.
Barbara: thank you sir. What led to you managing Jack and Jerry?
Hayes: well Jack called me and told me and his brother were coming to Florida and wanted me to be their manager. I don't just guide them in pro wrestling. I manage their money, their bookings, their flights and so forth. This way they don't have to worry or lift a finger. I take care of all it.
Barbara: well let's have some tea shall we?
We see Lord Alfred and Barbara take a sip of their tea
Lord Alfred spits his tea out as it flies and hits Barbara in the face
Lord Alfred: That my dear is absolutely ghastly.
Lord Alfred is nearly ready to slap her. He is stopped by Eddie Graham.
Eddie: you listen up and you listen good! you put your hands on her and you'll pay the price sissy.
Lord Alfred attempts to smack Eddie Graham
Eddie: don't you dare put your hands on me.
Lord Alfred: me and my mother could buy this stinking promotion in a snap of our fingers. When I do buy it I'll make you the janitor cleaning out the toilet stalls. I'll have that dumb goof of a kid of yours working the merchandise stand.
Eddie: I don't wanna argue with because I run out of words to say in a argument and than I'll settle it physically. We all know that you ain't equipped to fight me. So now what I am gonna do is just walk away.
Eddie: don't you ever say a damn thing about my son either.
End of VTR....
Gordon: we need to take one more break. when we come back we have our featured match as The Long Riders & Curt Hennig face The Brisco Brothers & Angelo Mosca
--Commercial Break--
Curt Hennig/Long Riders (Ron Bass/Ricky Harris) vs Angelo Mosca/Brisco's (Jack & Jerry) with Lord Alfred Hayes
This one is a wild one from the very start as they brawl all over in and out of the ring. the referee has a tough time maintaining control.
Jack locks Curt Hennig in the figure four leglock as Hennig writhes in pain. Curt eventually fights out of it somehow someway. Brisco and Curt continue to tangle.
Jack eventually rolls up Curt with the backslide and gets the win for his team @ 8:30
The Brisco's and Lord Alfred are seen laughing it up as the show comes to a close. Angelo Mosca seems pretty happy too.
Buddy Colt: Next week fans we'll see The Long Riders versus The Brisco's in a anything goes street fight. We are just getting that information now from Eddie Graham.
Gordon: I tell ya this one is far from over fans.
Gordon: We'll see you next week fans. So long from the Sunshine State!
producedcwfflorida_zps0oz2ys5m.jpg
Voiceover: this program was brought to you by Championship Wrestling from Florida Inc. Furnished to the station at this time by Promoter Eddie Graham.

It's cool to see John Tolos interacting with Blassie but with Tolos, Swede Hanson & The Destroyer all around I'm fighting the urge to make jokes about Florida being the place old wrestlers go to retire ;)

Happy to see Rip Rogers finally get his first big win. Definitely need to call that team with Siki "The Natural Blondes"

It's weird for me to see Ron Bass as a babyface because all the footage I've seen of him has been as a heel. I know he had some babyface runs somewhere though, I'm fairly certain he worked as a face some during his Portland run as Sam oliver Bass.

Love the Lord Alfred stuff, I'm glad he ended up in Florida because you're using him perfectly. Looking forward to the Street Fight with The Briscoes and the Long Riders next week.

Great show! Love the VonErich vs Singh idea. Would love to see VonErich and Dusty fight the entire Family.

The spoiled brat role of Lord Alfred Hayes was fun to read but I hope the Briscos are careful of who they let manage their money.

I like Bass as a babyface. I think he actualy did play that role in Florida when he first started then he turned on Dusty.

CWF%20IMAGE%20LOGO_zpsknwmufdv.png

Taped: Nov. 9th 1983 Airdate: Nov. 12th 1983

[Video]
[/Video]

we hear the usual CWF Theme as we see the closing moments of The Long Riders/Curt Hennig vs Brisco Brothers/Angelo Mosca from last week

Gordon: Hello everyone and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I'm Gordon Solie alongside me is Buddy Colt.

Buddy: Today is a big one because The Brisco Brothers will face The Long Riders in our feature bout this week.

Gordon: that should be one to watch for sure. you talk about a main event in any arena with that one and you're getting it today for free.

Buddy: we'll also see Kevin Sullivan & Maya Singh in tag team action against Steve Sybert & newcomer Terry Daniels. Also two outstanding singles matches as Dusty Rhodes faces Purple Haze in a defense of his Florida title & Curt Hennig vs Baron Mikel Scicluna.

Gordon; brother you talk about some great action indeed here today. we'll be back with Curt Hennig in action after this commercial break.

---Commercial Break---

Gordon: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our first match of the day.

'Cool' Curt Hennig vs Baron Mikel Scicluna

Baron Mikel Scicluna is introduced to the fans as they await Curt Hennig's arrival

9e909313296265f2b6fd1eacbcd8ea00.jpg

Gordon: Scicluna is a new arrival here in Florida.

Buddy: Baron Scicluna is a veteran of the squared circle. It should be interesting how he fares against a young man who is certainly rising in the ranks like Curt Hennig.

Gordon: Hennig a 2nd generation wrestler as he is the son of Larry The Ax. He seems to be pretty popular with the fans especially the young ladies.

Hurts So Good plays as the fans go wild as Curt Hennig makes his way down to the ring. He takes the time to slap hands and hug a few lucky fans along the way.

hennig_zpsktgnmrwr.jpg

Scicluna pearl harbors Hennig as he attacks him before he can get his ring jacket off. the referee separates them as the timekeeper finally rings the bell.

Curt fires back though with a few lefts and rights. He smacks away at the chest of Scicluna as he punishes him.

He Hennig-Plex's Scicluna who is down and out. Curt quickly covers him for the win @ 2:35

Gordon: Curt Hennig put away Baron Scicluna in short order there.

Buddy: He sure did.

Curt grabs the house mic away from the ring announcer.

Curt: Angelo Mosca you and you and the rest of your pals The Brisco Brothers are nothing but a bunch of cheaters. like I said before the war between you and me has only just begun my man.

Angelo Mosca comes down to ringside with a smirk on his face.

Mosca: you think you are tough enough to handle what I'm gonna dish out do ya? You are simply a big loser just like your daddy hahaha.

Hennig: you will regret that my man. don't you ever talk about my father.

Curt and Angelo brawl all over the ringside area before several referees get them separated.

Gordon Solie: brother that one is just beginning to heat up. One thing you don't do is insult a man's father. We have to go a quick commercial break. When we come back Dusty defends his Florida title against Purple Haze & comments from Eddie Graham & more.

---Commercial Break---

Gordon: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring.

Dusty Rhodes vs 'Purple Haze' Mark Lewin w/Freddie Blassie for the Florida title

Bob Seger's Katmandu blares on the screen as Dusty Rhodes comes down to the ring slapping hands with his people

a4s_DUSTY061215_15373409_8col.jpg

He stops on his way to the ring to sign an autograph for an an older female at ringside

Gordon: Dusty surely is a man of the people. He loves the fans and they love him back.

Buddy: In all my years I have not seen anyone except for Dusty who has this close bond and connection with the fans.

Freddie Blassie and Purple Haze come to the ring to a chorus of boos from the fans

Dusty and Haze brawl all over the ring and outside of it. the fans are screaming "Go Dusty Go"

Dusty hits the bionic elbow on Purple Haze to put down Haze. He covers Haze for the win to retain his Florida title @ 6:07

Gordon: let's try to get words from Dusty in a second here.

Dusty comes over to the announce desk

hqdefault.jpg

Gordon: Dusty what's on your mind?

Dusty: wuts on my mind ain't fit for dat tv cameras. Kebbin Sullivan you say you gots yourself a family do ya.

Dusty: well bababy I am putting together a family too. John Tolos, Ricky Harris & Ronnie Bass are my family. Mike Von Erich too is one of my close friends.

Gordon: what inspired you Dusty to bring in John Tolos to help battle The Family?

Dusty: well I knew about his war with Freddie of course. John told me that he wants to put the hurt on Freddie one more time.

Gordon: fans we'll be back with Kevin Sullivan and Maya Singh vs Steve Sybert & Terry Daniels, Plus we'll get comments from Eddie Graham & more.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's bring out Promoter Eddie Graham for comments on the US Tag Title situation & more.

eddiegraham82_zpsbloet3b2.jpg

Gordon: Eddie what is the latest situation regarding the US Tag Team Titles?

Eddie: well eight teams have been entered into the tournament. We'll be kicking that off real soon.

Gordon: what is your opinion of Alfred Hayes? we all saw how he behaved towards poor Barbara last week.

Eddie: that big sissy best keep his trap shut when it comes to my family. Also if he puts his dirty low down paws on Barbara Clary he will pay dearly. I will lay out fines and suspensions when need be.

Gordon: let's go now to the ring for our next match!

Kevin Sullivan/Maya Singh w/Freddie Blassie vs Steve Sybert/Terry Daniels

Freddie Blassie leads his men out to the ring as the fans boo

Steve Sybert is already in the ring awaiting the match to start

the marine corps hymn plays lightly as Terry Daniels comes to the ring waving an american flag

TERRY%20DANIELS%20CWF%20PWO%20MARINES_zp

Gordon: Terry Daniels a fine young ex-marine who recently was signed by Promoter Eddie Graham.

Buddy: Terry is a fine young athlete who Eddie feels just needs the right place like Florida to really do something special.

Gordon: Of course Eddie is a big supporter of our US military.

Sullivan and Maya cheat and use every dirty underhanded tactic in the book as they put a hurting on their opponents

Daniels tries to make a come back but is just too hurt to do much of anything.

Sullivan locks Daniels in the Tree of Woe (Figure 4 Leglock). Daniels writhes in pain and taps out to give The Family the win @ 7:53

Freddie appears to hand something to Sullivan who is laughing maniacally.

Kevin Sullivan takes a pair of scissor and starts cutting up Terry Daniels' dress blues.

Gordon Solie: this is a sick absolutely appalling display as Terry Daniels' uniform is now in tatters

Freddie Blassie knocks a shaky Terry Daniels down with his cane as he tries to get back up

Sullivan and Blassie head over to the announce desk

Gordon: Kevin what on earth was that all about?

Sullivan: Dusty you sonofa[censored] you are gonna pay the price. When I started out in wrestling I wanted to be just like you.

Sullivan: I tried for months to be your friend. I wanted your advice and guidance as a young man just getting started. You ignored me damn you!

Sullivan: You and your stinking buddy Dickie Murdoch were too damn busy to help out a young boy just trying to get his name out there. Everything I do here now is for you Dusty.

Gordon:

all of a sudden Kevin grabs the glass water pitcher on the desk and breaks it over his own head. blood streams down his face as he has a crazed look about him.

Sullivan: Dusty you and me we just can't co-exist.

Gordon: fans we need to go one final commercial break here. The Brisco Brothers vs The Long Riders in a street fight is next.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our big main event.

The Long Riders (Ron Bass/Ricky Harris) vs The Brisco Brothers (Jack/Jerry) w/ Lord Alfred

A County Boy Can Survive plays as The Long Riders come down to the ring as the fans cheer

Lord Alfred and The Brisco's come to the ring as the fans boo

this one is a wild out and out war as the two teams brawl all over the place. the referee relaxes the rules a bit as he has trouble maintaining some semblance of order.

Jack Brisco pounds away at Ricky Harris. This one quickly turns bloody too as chairs, ring steps and more are involved.

Lord Alfred hands something to Jack and Jerry as all three sport huge grins. We see that it is a cowboy hat.

Jack Brisco rips Ronnie Bass' cowboy hat up to shreds.

Gordon: oh my goodness Ron Bass' cowboy had is history.

Bass and Harris are ready to kill. Eddie Graham comes down to make it a fair fight as Alfred tries to smack around some people.

Gordon: ladies and gentlemen we are outta time here today. what a wild show it has been as now Ron Bass' beloved cowboy hat is no more.

the show comes to a close as officials separate all parties involved.

Voiceover: this program was brought to you by Championship Wrestling from Florida Inc. Furnished to the station at this time by Promoter Eddie Graham.

Here we go! Dusty vs Sullivan! Florida Championship at its best. Love the way you set it up too. The scissors to the dress blues! I also find Purple Haze to be a wonderful side kick.

So many great angles. Young vs Old, great wrestling family vs great wrestling family, Dusty and The family, The Briscos vs The Long Riders. Great show!!!!

Scicluna confirms Florida really is where the old wrestlers are going to retire :) Good use of him though by giving Curt a really fast and dominant win.

That's a freaking awesome picture of Dusty signing autographs, love it.

The marine corps hymn is such a great entrance theme for wrestling. Been watching a 3 disc comp of the Iron Sheik/Sgt. Slaughter feud over the past week and that song and the crowd's reactions for the Sarge always give me goosebumps. I never really liked Terry Daniels in the stuff I'd seen him in previously but in doing my research on Southwest I found out he became a wrestler after answering an Adrian Adonis open challenge to the fans and holding his own against him. So in realizing that the stuff I've seen him in is probably in his first 2 years of wrestling and the fact that he wasn't properly trained, I cut him some more slack if I see him in something now. Cutting up his dress blues is a pretty crazy angle and made me want to see the Sarge or Dick Murdoch come in and help him out.

Briscos & The Long Riders was a wild contest, I don't even know what the official result was. Hats getting ripped up is just good ol' rasslin the way it used to be and the way you like it, as Bob Caudle would say.

Kf8wvi.gif

• 2 weeks later...
rsz_cwf_logo_pwo_1983_zpsvsulc04b.jpg
Taped: Nov. 16th 1983 Airdate: Nov. 19th 1983
[Video]
[/Video]
we hear the usual CWF Theme as we see the closing moments of last week's show when Ron Bass' cowboy hat got destroyed
Gordon: Hello everyone and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I'm Gordon Solie alongside me is Buddy Colt.
Buddy: Fans we will see a big main event today as Dusty Rhodes defends his Florida title against Kevin Sullivan in a street fight. The Brisco Brothers face Terry Daniels and Cy Jernigan, Angelo Mosca vs Steve Sybert & Brian Blair vs Baron Mikel Scicluna.
Gordon: Also we'll hear from Promoter Eddie Graham as he is fired up about last week when Terry Daniels' dress blues were cut up and Ronnie Bass' cowboy hat was destroyed. we'll be right back!
--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for Brian Blair vs Baron Mikel Sciclina.
Brian Blair w/Destroyer vs Baron Mikel Scicluna
Ride of the Valkyries plays as Baron Mikel Scicluna comes to the ring
9e909313296265f2b6fd1eacbcd8ea00.jpg
Gordon: well last week we saw young Curt Hennig defeat with relative ease. will Brian Blair be able to put away the veteran Scicluna in the same fashion this week.
Buddy: Scicluna a crafty veteran of wrestling. He told me earlier today that last week's loss was simply a fluke. He will be the one to defeat young Brian Blair in short order.
Brian Blair and Destroyer run down to the ring as the fans cheer
Scicluna attempt to pearl harbor Blair by attacking him when his back is turned as he gets in the ring. Destroyer is yelling a few unmentionable words that thankfully the camera was not able to pick up.
Blair comes back full speed as a he does not one but two dropkicks on Scicluna in succession of one another. He puts the downed Scicluna in the boston crab.
Scicluna writhes on the mat and tries to no avail to escape. He finally gives up and gives Blair the win @ 2:14
Gordon: well so much for Baron Scicluna's theory I suppose. Brian Blair easily put away Scicluna for the 1-2-3.
Buddy: Brian Blair has been taking all the advice that his mentor Destroyer has been giving him. I am told it was Destroyer who taught young Blair the Boston Crab.
Gordon: let's go to comments from Curt Hennig and after that we'll head right into a commercial break.
46_zpsdgb8skw5.jpg
Curt: Angelo Mosca you are a low life toad. You run around here talking a lot of garbage about my old man. My dad Larry is a man's man and you know anytime anyplace he'd whup your butt from pillar to post.
Curt: You called my dad a loser. My father is done everything in this business. He made a lot of sacrifices to entertain the fans. Dad couldn't always be there at my ball games but I knew he genuinely cared about if my team won or lost. You're gonna regret the day you chose to insult my dad Larry The Axe!
--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for Angelo Mosca vs Steve Sybert.
Angelo Mosca vs Steve Sybert
Angelo Mosca totally overpowers and puts a hurting on the inexperienced Sybert. He continues to punish Sybert when it is obvious he could've pinned him already.
He piledrives Sybert and pins him for the win @ 3:51
Hurts So Good blares as Curt Hennig comes down to the ring. He and Mosca take turns hurting each other.
Rufus R Jones, Destroyer, Brian Blair and several referees come down and separate them.
Gordon: brother you talk about a barn burner waiting to happen. When Mosca insulted Curt's father it set something off in the youngster that made him mighty upset.
Buddy: boy that will be a big one. We'll be back with special comments from Eddie Graham as our own Barbara Clary will be speaking with him.
--Commercial Break--
CWFPromosforDecember16th1981MiamiBeachCo
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to Barbara Clary who is standing by with comments from Promoter Eddie Graham.
Barbara: folks I am here at the offices of Eddie Graham. Eddie you clearly have a lot on your mind.
hqdefault.jpg
Eddie: you know Barbara a lot of things have been bothering me as of late. How far can it go and how low can it go nowadays.
Eddie: Terry Daniels a fine young ex-marine. He's proud of serving of his country and his uniform. He may not win every match but he gives it his all.
Eddie: what I saw last week made me absolutely disgusted. Those two draft dodging bums bullied him and insulted him and that uniform. the uniform that has stood tall for America and gone in against insurmountable odds. Earlier this week we tried to terminate Freddie Blassie's managerial contract. As soon as it went into effect Blassie finds a lawyer who told me that we cannot terminate his contract without a hearing. You cannot stop the man from making a living. I'm not trying to stop him from making a living. hell I don't know who's life he might take the next round.
Eddie: things have got to get back to the basics. When I started you trained in the gym and put your name on the dotted line. If you could whip somebody's butt you won the match and the prize. I am frankly sick and tired of getting stonewalled and stymied. my hands are tied now that I am in the position of owner of Championship Wrestling from Florida. I have to find out soon if I got any left in the tank for one last run. I am gonna stand up for America and my friends. I gotta do what's right!
Barbara Clary: Eddie there have been rumors floating around that your son Mike is possibly headed back home to Florida?
Eddie: Barbara I have heard that as well. I called him personally to come back sometime. All I can say is be on the look out soon.
Barbara: Let's go back to Gordon and Buddy
Gordon: right now let's go to comments from The Brisco Brothers and Lord Alfred before going to commercial break.
hqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg
Alfred Hayes: hmm hmm hmm poor Ronnie Bass and his cowboy hat.
Jack Brisco: haha Ron Bass you and your idiot tag team partner Ricky Harris ain't equipped to fight the likes of us. You see Lord Alfred and his dear mother have paid for us to receive the very best trainers who have helped us work out in the gym. We've been working out and are simply in the best shape of our entire careers. I am a former world champion. You two beer drinking buffoons are gonna get yours.
Jerry Brisco: Mother Hayes has spared no expense in getting us the very best training. you two cowboys are gonna get yours.
Lord Alfred: you see my dear mother is a true lady of the utmost standing and class. Your mothers are low class floozies!
Jack: wherever we go these simple minded fools chant Go Home Brisco's. Who the hell here can send us home. hell we are home as we are true Native Americans. As I see it you ham and eggers can go back to Europe.
Lord Alfred: hahaha too true!
--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for The Brisco Brothers versus Cy Jernigan and Terry Daniels.
The Brisco's (Jack/Jerry) w/Lord Alfred Hayes vs Terry Daniels/Cy Jernigan
The Brisco's both destroy their opponents in the opening moments.
the match doesn't get far though as The Long Riders run in and start brawling with The Brisco's.
the referee throws the whole match out as a result.
Ron Bass and Ricky Harris go to the announce area to talk to Gordon
RONBASS_zps3c9486ba.jpg
Gordon: last week was a very emotional time as your beloved cowboy hat was destroyed by The Brisco's
Ron Bass: Waylon Jennings gave me that very hat. I love that hat so dang much. Those two Indians need to pay for what they done.
Ricky Harris: Brisco's you may be native to our country. that's all true. You guys though are a disgrace to the Indians for what ya'll are doing.
Ron Bass: I'll get over it in time I am sure. What that evil Sullivan did last week to our good friend Terry Daniels was a national disgrace. One day after Veterans Day and they had the damn nerve to do what they did. It's sick! I guarantee you one thing that us good ol' god fearing Texas boys won't soon forget about those two draft dodgers.
Ricky Harris: Texas forever baby!
Ron Bass: you damn right! Texas Forever brothers!
Gordon: we'll be back with Dusty Rhodes versus Kevin Sullivan in a street fight for the Florida title in our big featured main event.
-Commercial Break-
MikeGrahamPresentsClassicChampionshipWre
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Let's now go to the ring for the main event as Dusty Rhodes faces Kevin Sullivan in what is sure to be a wild street fight.
Dusty Rhodes vs Kevin Sullivan w/Freddie Blassie for the Florida title in a Street Fight
Michael Jackson's Thriller plays as Freddie Blassie leads Kevin Sullivan to the ring as the fans boo them ferociously
a few fans call them a bunch of communist pigs. some call them draft dodgers. whatever the insult it only makes Blassie smirk.
Bob Seger's Katmandu hits and suddenly the fans are jumping up and down and screaming Dusty, Dusty, Dusty....
hqdefault.jpg
Dusty comes down to the ring and the fans are even louder. Dusty hugs a few lucky fans along the way.
Dusty straight away starts beating on Sullivan. the fans are just about going nuts as they scream for their hero.
the fans are screaming wildly and chanting Dusty's name as he unleashes an arsenal of moves on Kevin Sullivan.
Dusty hits his patented bionic elbow on a dazed Sullivan. He quickly rolls him up for the win to retain his Florida title @ 11:26
Dusty grabs the house mic.
Dusty: Dat der babays was for all my many many fans here in the great state of Floriduh. my sweet babays know dat Americun Dweem is always in der corner.
Dusty: dat victory was for Americuh. Americuh da bootiful home of da bwave. I saw ssometing last week that sickened me babays. Terry Daniels git on down here!
the marine corps hymn plays as Terry Daniels comes down to the ring to a thunderous applause and screaming from the fans
Dusty: now babay dusty knows dat you ain't won too often so far in your caweer. Dusty is gonna take ya under his wing and help you out babay. Consider yourself a part of my new family The Sons of Texas.
Terry Daniels: but dusty I ain't from there?
Dusty: you is now! I gonna make sure dat you are taken care of.
Kevin Sullivan and Freddie Blassie try to sneak up on Dusty and Terry. They are unsuccessful as Dusty and Terry both handle them.
Sullivan's Family comes down and starts beating up Dusty and Terry Daniels.
the rest of The Sons of Texas (Ron Bass, Ricky Harris & Mike Von Erich) & John Tolos run down and help even things up. Dusty's family puts a hurting on Sullivan and his crew.
Dusty Rhodes, Terry Daniels, John Tolos and The Sons of Texas stand tall. They are celebrating as the fans cheer and scream.
The Eyes of Texas plays as the newly formed Sons of Texas & crew proudly stand tall in the ring.
Dusty and family yell out Texas Forever!
vlcsnap-205509_zps9b97c1f8.png
Gordon: you can't help but feel good as now Dusty and his new family The Sons of Texas are all together.
Buddy: Folks we have a good one next week as The Brisco Brothers will lock up with The Long Riders in the featured bout. Plus Dusty Rhodes will defend his Florida title against Makhan Singh.
Gordon: Gordon: We'll see you next week fans. So long from the Sunshine State!

It is just incredible how well you do Dusty! It is my favorite interview of any promotion.

I love the Brisco/Bass and Harris feud. Not only is the fued interesting, the Briscos themselves are. I keep wondering if they will ever turn on Lord Alfred Hayes and t is one of the things I look forward to reading in your promotion.

I also enjoy how you do not rush your youth to greatness. Great work with Henig and VonErich. They are both going to primed and ready for greatness.

Dusty and a US Marine vs Sullivan is classic. Would like to see more sadistic stuff from Sullivan's family.

In terms of your interviews, I found the Dusty one easier to read than some of the first ones in the show because you skipped lines. I think that format worked best for you.

I hope the Mike Graham deal works well for you. Thank you for the deal. Good luck going forward.

More good stuff here with Briscos/Long Rigers.

I'm interested to see where stuff goes with Eddie Graham talking about getting into the ring again. I almost expected him to say "I gotta be a man, I can't let it slide"

As far as Terry Daniels goes I'm pretty sure he actually IS from Texas.

Lots of good stuff going on here with Florida. I really enjoyed the tone of Graham's interview. I also enjoyed Dusty's promo and the effort into making it so him as you've done with the typing of the words. You have now got the supergroups against one another with Sullivan and the Dream at the top of both teams. It is going to be fun to watch it unfold with other players like the Briscoes and Hennig in the background.

Taped: Nov. 23rd 1983 Airdate: Nov. 26th 1983
[Video]
[/Video]
we hear the usual CWF Theme as we see the closing moments of last week's show with Dusty Rhodes celebrating with his Sons of Texas faction
Buddy: Fans we will see a big double main event today as The Long Riders battle The Brisco Brothers in our featured bout. Also in a double main event Dusty Rhodes defends his Florida title against Makhan Singh.
Gordon: Folks both matches will be a couple barn burners for sure!
Buddy: also we'll see Angelo Mosca, Baron Mikel Scicluna & Steve Sybert will face The Destroyer, Brian Blair & Curt Hennig. In our Opener we will see Terry Daniels face Cy Jernigan.
Gordon: Also Barbara Clary will have a special Take Five segment as she sits down with both Freddie Blassie & Promoter Eddie Graham in what is sure to be a heated interview.
Buddy: another big week here. We'll be right back!
--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for Terry Daniels vs Cy Jernigan
Terry Daniels vs Cy Jernigan
the Marine Corps Hymn plays as Terry Daniels is seen wearing a new pair of dress blues as he waves a giant American flag to the ring as the fans cheer
Gordon Solie: Terry Daniels' former unit sent him his new dress blues after his old ones got cut up by Sullivan and company not too long ago. We will try to speak with him about that and his new close friendship with Dusty after this match.
Daniels and Jernigan put on a good competitive match back and forth for awhile.
Terry hits a nasty superkick on Jernigan to put the wrestler down to the mat. Daniels quickly rolls him up for the win @ 2:11
Terry Daniels grabs his US Flag as he waves it a few times as he goes over to the announce desk
TERRY%20DANIELS%20CWF%20PWO%201983_zpspv
Gordon: Terry how did you acquire these new dress blues?
Terry Daniels: My old Marine buddies saw what happened. They too were sickened that Blassie and that damn punk Sullivan would dare do that one day after Veterans Day. We all gave everything we had to our country. I'm proud that I served my country. I love America unlike those two draft dodging bullies!
Gordon: How did your new found friendship with Dusty Rhodes come about?
Daniels: Dusty too was sickened and dismayed at those two cutting up my dress blues. I earned everything I ever got. Dusty knows that my career ain't always gone how I would like it too. He's helping me out in the ring after hours training and getting bigger.
Bob Seger's Katmandu suddenly plays as the fans go wild and jump up and down
02.jpg
the fans scream We Love You Dusty!
Dusty: Luv all my baybays sooo much. Fact is Gordon it was me who got in touch wit Terry's former muhreen cweew. I esplained the situatchion to dem. They say no problem and ship to me a new uniform.
Terry Daniels: wow thanks dusty
Dusty: hey now you a part of Sons of Texas ain't nutting too big or small for you baybay. Dusty Rhodes and his family has got ya back a hunded and tin percent all da way!
Gordon: Dusty what led you to putting together your new family?
Dusty: Kebbin has denigrated and desecrated the name of The Family. He and Blassie wanna hurt the fabwic an foundashun of dis country. The Family unit is what keeps Americuh da greatest country ever.
Dusty: The Sons of Texas baybays are gonna put a hurting on Sullivan and all his ilk.
Gordon: we'll be back with Angelo Mosca, Baron Mikel Scicluna & Steve Sybert vs The Destroyer, Brian Blair & Curt Hennig
--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our six man tag team match.
Angelo Mosca/Baron Mikel Scicluna/Steve Sybert vs Curt Hennig/Brian Blair/Destroyer
Angelo Mosca is booed heavily as he leads his two partners to the ring. Fans pelt him with trash.
Hurts So Good blasts out the speakers as 'Cool' Curt Hennig, 'High Flyin' Brian Blair & The Destroyer all make their way down to the ringside area as the fans cheer and scream
this one is a wild one as Curt Hennig goes after Angelo Mosca for all the humiliating things that He has said about Curt's father in recent weeks.
Curt puts a beating on Mosca who is busted open. Curt tags in Destroyer who continues to unleash pain and agony on Angelo Mosca as well as Baron Scicluna.
Hennig comes back in the ring and picks up where he left off as he continues hurting Angelo Mosca. He Hennig-Plex's Angelo Mosca and rolls him up for the win @ 6:27
Hennig, Destroyer and Blair celebrate as the fans are over joyous
Mosca is irate and if looks could kill his partners would be pushing up daises. He grabs a steel chair and decks both Steve Sybert and Baron Mikel Scicluna with it.
mosca.jpg
Mosca: listen up you little pretty boy puke Curt Hennig! Your daddy ain't nothing compared to you. I admit that right here right now.
Mosca: you done hurt me real good here tonight. Your gonna get yours real soon punk!
Gordon: we'll be back with Barbara Clary's Take Five as she sits down with Eddie Graham & Freddie Blassie.
--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to Barbara Clary who will first quickly talk with Promoter Eddie Graham before Freddie Blassie joins them in the ring.
Barbara Clary: welcome to this week's Take Five segment. Last week Promoter Eddie Graham expressed an interest in getting back in the ring. You fans called and wrote telling us that you want to see Eddie come out of retirement to help Dusty and The Sons of Texas handle business. Let's now welcome Mr Eddie Graham himself.
wwehof2008_eddiegraham.png
Eddie: Barbara I am absolutely amazed and overwhelmed at all the great letters and telephone calls of support regarding me possibly coming out of retirement for a few matches to wind up my legendary career in this great sport.
Barbara: I understand you are working on some great deals for the wrestling fans of Florida?
Eddie: we've got some great things to come later on down the pipe. Right now though I will tell you we are working on putting together a tremendous card for Christmas Eve night. Also next week we will hold a big battle royal to see who will face NWA World Champion Harley Race in the featured bout. It is gonna be a great one. Harley sent in a VTR discussing this show next week.
Barbara: Let's take a look now at that VTR Segment...
Harley_Race.jpg
Harley: Next week Florida the World Heavyweight Champion is coming to your area. You see as far as I see things its gonna be real easy pickings for me.
Race: Dusty Rhodes is beatable. Hell I beat him many times before. The Long Riders are just as beatable too. Larry Hennig was an old pal of mine. His little spoiled brat kid Curt Hennig will be an easy victory for me. Mike Von Erich hahaha you too can be beaten. I've beat those dumb brothers of yours before many times.

Barbara: Eddie the world champ seems pretty confidant in his abilities.

Eddie Graham: I think Harley is a great competitor. He is a little too arrogant. Dusty Rhodes has told me he'll be World Champ if its the last thing he does.

Barbara: right now let's bring Freddie Blassie out to the studio area to have a civilized discussion.

freddie_blassie_01_zpstes1lccl.jpg

the fans boo and pelt Blassie with trash as he comes down to the ring

Blassie: Eddie you tried to get rid of me and you couldn't! That makes you very mad I'm sure. You see I knew you'd try that trick so I hired the very best attorney in America. My men can hurt Dusty Rhodes and Sons of Texas and there ain't nothing you can do about it!

Eddie: That is precisely why I hired Chet Karp. Chet will be the one to hand out fines and suspensions. He is the new commissioner of CWF. Since I can't fire you without a trial I have made it so he can. All I had to do was sell him just one percent of the company. you and your men get outta line and he'll be there to fine you all!

Blassie is irate as he glares at the camera. He quickly gets up and starts hurting Eddie Graham who is quickly overpowered by Blassie, Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze.

Dusty Rhodes, Mike Von Erich, Terry Daniels, The Long Riders, Mike Von Erich & John Tolos all rush out to help Eddie. Sullivan's Family also run down to get involved.

Mike Graham shows up outta nowhere as he attacks Freddie Blassie with a chair. He continues to lay a hurting on the downed manager before Dusty and family pull him off.

Mike-graham-belt.jpg

Mike Graham: I'm Back! Mike Graham is here to tell you Blassie that ain't no way you're ever gonna get the best of my dad.

Dusty: haha my family baybays is nearlay done. We gonna put the hurting on Blassie that's for darn shur baybay.

Gordon Solie: brother you talk about one wild development here in Florida. Mike Graham is back home in Florida. We'll be back with Dusty Rhodes vs Makhan Singh for the Florida title in just a moment.

--Commercial Break--
Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring as Dusty Rhodes defends his Florida title against Makhan Singh.
Dusty Rhodes vs Makhan Singh w/Freddie Blassie for the Florida Heavyweight title

Freddie Blassie is pelted with trash and all kinds of garbage as he returns to the ringside area with Makhan Singh

Dusty Rhodes on the other hand is overwhelmed as the fans cheer and scream his name wildly.

Dusty quickly unloads on Makhan Singh as he gains an early advantage. the fans scream Go Dusty Go as he continues unloading on Makhan.

Dusty hits his patented bionic elbow on a dazed Makhan Singh. He quickly rolls him up for the win to retain his Florida title @ 7:40

Gordon: Dusty Rhodes once again puts away another challenge to his title from The Family. Let's go to these comments from The Long Riders before we take one more commercial break.

ignore JJ Dillon

RON%20BASS%20RICKY%20HARRIS%20SADDLE_zps

Ron Bass: This here is the saddle. This saddle means everything to me boys. Dusty's mother who was also like a mother to me and Ricky gave me this saddle for my 21st birthday.

Ricky Harris: Dusty's mother practically raised us both on the farm with her son. My ma passed away when I was just a young boy in a car accident. My daddy quickly gave up being my pa and found the bottle more appealing you could say.

Ron Bass: My daddy was tragically killed when he got gored by a bull in the rodeo. My mama went to pieces after that. Mother Rhodes was there to fill the role of a mother figure.

Ricky Harris: That is why Dusty is like our brother. We'll put up this saddle provided you two Indians put up your head dresses.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to Lord Alfred and The Brisco Brothers with these comments right now.
briscos200x250.jpgCWF%20LORD%20ALFRED%20HAYES%20CWF%201983
Lord Alfred pretends to cry as he holds up a crying towel to his eyes
Lord Alfred: Those comments from The Texas LongRiders made me laugh. I said last week their mothers were low down common gutter trash. Their daddies were losers too. One escaped to the bottle and the other found himself on the losing end after tangling with a stupid bull.
Jack Brisco: You see you two Texans embody everything we hate about Texas. You ain't nothing but a bunch of tobacco chewing and beer drinking buffoons who ain't got a brain to speak of.

Jerry: You two dumb cowboys want me and my brother Jack to put up our head dress. You see the thing is we are true Americans who stand up for our principles. We'll put up our head dress providing you two cowboys kiss Lord Alfred's feet should you lose.

Lord Alfred: Jack and Jerry are in tremendous shape both physically and mentally. My mother and I bought and paid for one of the world's renowned trainers to help get them looking how they look now.

Jack Brisco: hell those two cowpokes have never even stepped foot in the gym. Their way of exercising is lifting those 12 ounce curls every night with their beer bottles.

The Long Riders (Ron Bass/Ricky Harris) vs The Brisco's (Jack/Jerry) w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

Tanya Tucker's Texas When I Die plays as The Long Riders come on down to the ring as the fans cheer wildly.

RonBassPromo-VideoDailymotion_zps5612d28

Ron Bass: You damn right we drink a lot of beer. What real American man doesn't like to unwind after a hard day's work with a couple of cold beers. I think you two Brisco's are a couple of sissies if you don't like some cold beer and a little bit of tobacco now and again. You see that little punk manager of yours has turned you boys into a couple of sissies.

Ricky Harris: Me, Ronnie and Dusty all idolized Jack Brisco as we watched him on tv. He was a great rassler. a man's man if you will. This current incarnation of Jack Brisco is a damn sissy when he lets a little puke like Alfred Hayes run his life.

The Brisco Brothers and Lord Alfred Hayes come down to the ring as the fans boo and pelt them with garbage

this is a wild one from the very start as all four brawl all over in and around the ring area. the referee has trouble maintaining some semblance of order.

this turns bloody very quickly as both teams use the ring steps and chairs around the ringside area to hurt one another. Ron Bass chokes Jerry Brisco with one of the microphone cables.

the referee

Ronnie Bass grabs the Indian head dress of both Jack and Jerry. He tosses Jerry's to Ricky Harris.

They both rip apart the Brisco's native american head dresses as Lord Alfred is irate

Gordon: that was certainly payback for when The Briscos destroyed the cowboy hat of Ron Bass.

Dusty Rhodes, Mike Von Erich & Terry Daniels all come down to the ring as the fans cheer wildly to help The Long Riders celebrate their win. The Brisco's are seen yelling at the fans as they and Lord Alfred head to the back as the fans chant Go Home Brisco's.

Dusty grabs the house mic

Dusty: yeaaah haha Bwisco Bruthas how did dat feel? I said Bwisco's how did dat feel baybay! My dear sweet pwecious mother she done raised us all togetha. We didn't have a whole lot but we had love. Ya'll can't ever take away da love we gots for one anothuh at all. come on and twy The Sons of Texas if you wan sum!

Buddy: Folks we have a good one next week as we'll have a big 20 man over the top battle royal to determine who challenges NWA World Champion Harley Race in the featured bout. You don't wanna miss that one.

Love the Long Riders getting a victory over the Briscos. Sets up a good feud for the future.

I think Lord Alfred Hayes will be the death of the Briscos. He seems to have them all out of sorts which is a fun read

I really like the Terry Daniels stuff and I love the return of Mike Graham to help the cause.

I was sure Dusty would get the Race match but anything could happen in a battle royal. Interesting idea!

Once again, great work

Taped: Nov. 30th 1983 Airdate: Dec. 3rd 1983

[Video]
[/Video]

we hear the usual CWF Theme as we see the closing moments of last week's show with The Texas LongRiders destroying The Brisco Brothers head dress

GORDON%20BUDDY%20CWF%2083_zpshryajab5.jp

Buddy: Fans we will see a big double main event today as we'll start off the program with a big 20 man over the top battle royal to see who will face NWA World Champion Harley Race in our featured bout this week. We also do have one or two standby matches in case the matches do not use up the entire hour. We also do have an outstanding Take Five with Barbara Clary who was recently invited by Lord Alfred Hayes and The Brisco's to spend time with them at their new home and also at their private gym.

Gordon: Those are both going to be tremendous matches. I'll also be speaking to Promoter Eddie Graham about those matches after these short commercial messages.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's bring Eddie Graham to our desk to talk about today's show and the upcoming Christmas eve show.

Eddie Graham comes down to the announce desk to a good amount of cheers

820407_solie_graham_zpszbgdent1.jpg

Gordon: Your son Mike made his big return here to Florida last week when he and Dusty and the Sons of Texas came to your rescue. Did you know he was coming back so soon?

Eddie: I had no idea that Mike was gonna be here already. He told me he was thinking about it but was not sure.

Gordon: who in your mind do you think or hope to see win today's battle royal

Eddie: well of course I'm a bit prejudiced as I'm hoping to see my son Mike win the thing. Dusty Rhodes too is a top contender to win the thing.

Gordon: what is the latest regarding the Christmas eve show?

Eddie: Christmas Eve we will present a card called Lords of the Ring. We have some of the very best talent in professional wrassling anywhere. We're gonna have a big steel cage match for the Florida title between Dusty Rhodes the champion and Kevin Sullivan the challenger. We're gonna make sure Blassie & The Family don't interfere as we will let you fans vote on who you want to be the keeper of the key for the cage door. Also you will get to vote on a special guest referee. I will have the names for you next week who will be in the running. NWA World Champ Harley Race will defend his belt should he keep it after today against the big man Andre The Giant. Also a big wild street fight will be on that card as Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody will face Abdullah The Butcher and The Sheik in what is sure to be a wild one.

Gordon: any other matches the fans can look forward to?

Eddie: We're also gonna bring in International superstar Mil Mascaras to face a yet to be named opponent. The Brisco's will clash with The Texas LongRiders & much more.

Gordon: fans we'll be back with the big battle royal after these comments from Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody in this VTR segment

Kiss' War Machine plays as we see clips of Brody and Hansen destroying their opponents in AJPW

JR89.jpg

Bruiser Brody: Promoter Eddie Graham has brought me and The Cowboy there for a reason. We are simply the most dominate tag team today. We're a wrecking crew that is gonna demolish Abdullah and his new pal The Sheik.

Stan Hansen: I love to fight and love cracking some skulls. Dusty's not always been my friend and he knows that. anytime though you need some help there in Florida from me and Brody all you gotta do is get on the horn and let us know. We are a walking talk crew of destruction. Ain't nobody who tried us beat us yet!

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our battle royal.

20 man over the top battle royal

The following competitors are involved: Dusty Rhodes, Terry Daniels, Ron Bass, Jack Brisco, Jerry Brisco, Ricky Harris, Mike Von Erich, Mark Lewin, Kevin Sullivan, Makhan Singh, Curt Hennig, Brian Blair, Angelo Mosca, Destroyer, Mike Graham, Swede Hanson, Johnny Weaver, Sweet Daddy Siki, Rufus R. Jones & Rip Rogers

all 20 men are in the ring to get things started. Dusty and The Sons of Texas all help each other out as they put the hurting on Sullivan's Family & The Brisco's in the opening moments

Rufus R Jones, Swede Hanson, Rip Rogers & Sweet Daddy Siki are all disposed of fairly early as this one is a wild brawl all over the ring. Johnny Weaver is next to go as Makhan Singh tosses him out.

Curt Hennig is shockingly tossed out by Angelo Mosca and some help from The Brisco's. Dusty Rhodes disposes of Makhan Singh next and more and more are being tossed out including Brian Blair & Jerry Brisco.

Dusty and The Long Riders work together to dispose of Angelo Mosca next. Kevin Sullivan, Brisco's & Mark Lewin all dump out Ricky Harris & Ron Bass next.

Kevin Sullivan throws Brian Blair over the top rope next. Destroyer & Dusty work together to eliminate Jack Brisco. Kevin Sullivan disposes of Terry Daniels next as Daniels falls over the top rope when something hits him in the eye. some sort of liquid.

Mark Lewin and Kevin Sullivan toss out Mike Von Erich to the shock of the fans.

Mike Graham knocks out Mark Lewin out of the ring next. Kevin Sullivan tosses out Dusty Rhodes to the shock of fans. Mike Graham stealthily dropkicks Sullivan out of the ring to win it as Sullivan was gloating and didn't see Graham til it was too late. Mike Graham wins the Battle Royal @ 14:50

Gordon: you talk about a wild bedlam of a match. the returning Mike Graham will get his shot at the NWA World Title shot against Harley Race in our featured bout. oh boy you talk about some rather wild developments. we'll have Barbara Clary's Take Five when we return.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to Barbara Clary for this week's Take Five

Barbara Clary: This is Barbara Clary for this week's Take Five. Earlier this week I was invited to come to experience the new Brisco Brothers at their beautiful estate in Beverly Hills which they share with their manager Lord Alfred Hayes. It was certainly an interesting and eye opening trip. Let's now go to the tape.

louisgonda.jpg

Barbara's limo pulls up to a Beverley Hills mansion.

her driver opens her door as a butler comes to take her luggage and escort her inside the house.

CWF%20LORD%20ALFRED%20HAYES%20CWF%201983

Lord Alfred is decked out in a tux as he kisses both cheeks of Barbara Clary

Alfred: welcome dear to my home. is it not fabulous?

Barbara: Its amazing alright. where are Jack and Jerry?

Alfred: Frederick and Gerald are in the living room awaiting you my dear.

Barbara: Frederick and Gerald???

Alfred: yes dear. that is there names is it not!

Alfred rolls his eyes as he escorts Barbara to the sitting room as the butler takes her bags to her guest room

The Brisco's are decked out in matching rhinestone studded tuxedo's. Barbara is shocked at their new look.

Lord Alfred: Surprised are you dear? My mother and I have introduced The Brisco's to a whole new way of life here in Beverly Hills.

Jack: Sit down Barbara and have a cocktail with us.

Alfred: Frederick no more for you! you need to watch that waistline of yours. booze makes you gain weight dear.

Jack: aww c'mon I want another dang martini?

Alfred: We will discuss this later. Also Frederick please don't revert to your hillbilly redneck speech when you are angry with me. I have spent lots of money to get you and Gerald into shape and make you both perfect gentlemen.

Alfred: I know a way to cheer you up. Let us go shopping now Barbara dear.

Lord Alfred escorts Barbra Clary & The Brisco's to a private limousine as they head downtown to do some shopping.

The Flying Lizards' Money plays as we see a montage of Lord Alfred & The Brisco's buying clothes on Rodeo Drive at several different stores

Lord Alfred takes them to their final stop. We see they are stopped at a jewelry store.

a shopkeeper welcomes them as he shows off the newest rolex's he just got in.

Lord Alfred: they are very lovely. tell you what why don't you wrap them all up as I can't decide.

The O'Jays For The Love of Money as we see Lord Alfred placing stacks of 100 dollar bills on the counter.

They head to buy a new luxury automobile next.

Jack and Jerry each pick out their new cars with Lord Alfred's assistance. Barbara Clary politely turns down Lord Alfred's offer of buying her a new car.

Lord Alfred gets in the limo with Barbara. Jack and Jerry drive their new cars back to the house as the segment comes to an end.

Barbara Clary: Folks this was certainly an eye opening Take Five. We'll be right back.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to these late breaking comments from The Texas LongRiders & then Harley Race.

RonBasspic.jpgBlackBartpic.jpg

Ron Bass: I just saw something that confirmed what I thought. It's very obvious now that that little puke Alfred Hayes is orchestrating everything. The Brisco's mouths are moving but it's Lord Alfred doing all the talking. We saw that segment where they want us to believe their new lives seem so elaborate and great. New Cars, New Homes & Clothes. Sure all that stuff is great. All that however cannot beat a friendship or family. Lord Alfred has brainwashed you boys into believing his line of bull.

Ricky Harris: its clear they allowed themselves to be manipulated by money.

hqdefault.jpg

Harley Race: I gotta face that little runt Mike Graham? hahaha this is gonna be easy!

Gordon: Let's now go to the ring for our featured bout.

Mike Graham vs Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight title

Galaxy Express plays as the NWA World Champion Harley Race makes his way down to the ring to a chorus of boos

19800922_race_backlund.jpg

grahamstoryCOLOR.jpg

Mike Graham comes down to the ring as the fans cheer his in ring return here in Florida

Harley and Mike put on a fantastic back and forth wild match.

Harley smacks Mike around as they continue to beat the hell outta each other.

Harley piledrives Graham brutally two times. He pins Mike to retain his NWA Title @ 13:06

Gordon Solie: Harley Race retains the NWA World Title in a tremendous match. We'll be right back.

---Commercial Break---

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the offices of Eddie Graham backstage and try to catch the conversation he and son Mike are having.

graham400.JPG

Mike Graham: Dad please reconsider this. you need to realize that getting back into the ring especially with the likes of Freddie Blassie runing aroung is a mistake.

Eddie: Listen to me now! I retired not because I had to but to run this company. You're still my son and I still can take ya over my knee if need be.

Mike: what if Blassie and his men hurt you though?

Eddie: I know you are worried. I've faced down guys like Blassie all my career and all my damn life. I won't be intimidated by him and his ilk.

Mike: Dad would you please just think about not getting back in the ring?

Eddie: I will think about it for you and your mother. I cannot sit back and watch him destroy and maim everyone in sight. I'll give it some thought.

Gordon: certainly a very interesting situation. Let's go to a standby match which features Destroyer and Brian Blair vs Buck Ramstead & Steve Sybert.

Destroyer/Brian Blair vs Buck Ramstead/Steve Sybert

Destroyer and Blair both easily dominate this match as they overpower their opponents.

Destroyer hits a diving headbutt onto Ramstead. He pins him for the win for his team @2:19

Buddy: Next week fans we'll see Florida Champ Dusty Rhodes defend the belt against Jack Brisco. Plus The Family in six man tag action against Mike Von Erich, John Tolos & Terry Daniels. All that and more next week.

Gordon: That's all for this week folks. So Long From The Sunshine State!

Taped: Dec. 7th 1983 Airdate: Dec. 10th 1983

[Video]
[/Video]

we hear the usual CWF Theme as we see highlights from last week's battle royal & Mike Graham vs Harley Race

GORDON%20BUDDY%20CWF%2083_zpshryajab5.jp

Buddy: Fans we will see a big double main event today as Florida champ Dusty Rhodes defends his title against Jack Brisco. Plus The Family will face Mike Von Erich, Terry Daniels & John Tolos. Also Curt Hennig will face Buck Ramstead.

Gordon: Sounds like a tremendous card. Fans we'll also be showing you some videotape segments on several wrestlers coming to the area soon. Plus

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our opening match.

Jerry Brisco w/Lord Alfred Hayes vs Terry Gibbs

ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man plays as Jerry Brisco steps through the curtains wearing a tux and tails with a top hat. He and Lord Alfred are booed heavily.

Jerry Brisco unleashes an assault on the ill prepared Terry Gibbs

Jerry hits a devastating belly to back suplex on Terry Gibbs. He rolls him up for the win @ 2:42

Ron Bass & Ricky Harris come down to the ring and seem to be on a mission.

they start brawling with Jerry Brisco. They strip him of his tuxedo and tear it to shreds.

Gordon: hahaha Jerry Brisco is irate. The Long Riders stripped him out of his new tuxedo. We'll be back with Curt Hennig against Frank Williams.

--Commercial Break--

welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring.

Curt Hennig vs Buck Ramstead

Hurts So Good blares as 'Cool' Curt Hennig comes to the ring as the fans cheer

He unloads on the veteran Ramstead. He Hennig-Plexes Buck Ramstead and pins him for the win @ 3:51

Gordon: Let's go to these pre-taped comments from The Texas Longriders & Lord Alfred Hayes & Brisco Brothers

ignore JJ Dillon

RON%20BASS%20RICKY%20HARRIS%20SADDLE_zps

Ron Bass: what I saw last week absolutely made me sick. We saw the new image that Jack and Jerry want us to believe is so great. sure new cars and all that is fine. you can't beat the love of your brothers though. you guys have sold your soul to that sissy manager. well boys we think that sissy is gonna get what he deserves soon on Christmas eve.

Ron Bass: When we beat you guys we're gonna strip Lord Alfred Hayes down to that pasty body. We're gonna put you in one of your Mommy's dresses.

Ron Bass opens up a garment bag and shows off one of the ugliest dresses that looks like something you'd see on a clown.

Ron Bass: Lord Alfred's mother is a real style lady ain't she. This dress right here is gonna be right on ya Alfred. And then that sissy gets to come out of the closet and swish around the ring in one of his mommy's gowns. It looks more like a mu mu for a gorilla.

Ricky Harris: If we lose then we gotta work for Lord Alfred for 30 days . I'd sooner drink a quart of castor oil than work for that sissy. I can't wait to see that closet queen waltz around the ring in one of his mommy's dresses hahaha.

Ronnie Bass: Texas Forever!

CWF%20LORD%20ALFRED%20HAYES%20CWF%20198347621896_126540415094.jpg

Lord Alfred is fuming mad

Lord Alfred: They're saying that this is the biggest card in Florida wrestling history. You two Texas Cowboys will never humiliate me and put me in a dress on the biggest show of the year. It will be you two who work for me in Miami!

Jack Brisco: you know you two Cowpokes are gonna pay the price for stealing Lord Alfred's mothers dress. For thirty days you're gonna work for us!

Gordon: Right now let's take a look at a man who is quite obviously one of the most dangerous men to ever wrestle. The Sheik is able to conjure up fire seemingly from nowhere. In his 30 years as a competitor he has left a trail of victims. He and Abdullah The Butcher will be here next week. Let's take a look at The Sheik's legendary career.

We see a montage of the violent and out of control madman known as The Sheik

The%20Sheik%20fire%20burns_zpsepvgo4cr.p

The Sheik is seen burning a photo of Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen as the montage ends

Gordon: The Sheik will be here next week. the 8th wonder of the world Andre The Giant will be here in Florida in two weeks. Let's take a look at the feats of strength that Andre The Giant is able to do.

[Video]
[/Video]

We see Andre performing several feats of strength

GORDON%20SOLIE%20ANDRE%20THE%20GIANT%20A

Gordon: Andre will also be at the big card in Miami Florida at the Convention Hall for Christmas eve. Let's go to the lineup for the big card we're calling Lords of the Ring as we head to commercial break.

4b288550-6023-4add-b57d-6448b17e42e0_zps

Frank Stallone's Far From Over plays over the announcer

Voiceover: Miami Beach Convention Hall plays host to Florida's biggest supercard to take place in some time. Be there as NWA World Champion Harley Race defends his title against 7 foot 5 Andre The Giant, Dusty Rhodes defends his Florida title against the evil Kevin Sullivan inside the solid confines of a steel cage with a special guest referee and a keeper of the key. Be there as Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody collide with Abdullah The Butcher & The Sheik, International superstar Mil Mascaras collides with Billy Robinson, The Texas Longriders vs The Brisco Brothers, Angelo Mosca vs Curt Hennig, Eddie Graham will face Freddie Blassie in a grudge match & much more.

Gordon: We'll be back with The Family in six man tag action & more.

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our next match.

Kevin Sullivan/Abdullah The Butcher/'Purple Haze' Mark Lewin w/ Freddie Blassie vs Mike Von Erich/Terry Daniels/John Tolos

'Thriller' plays as The Family come to the ring as the fans boo

Kevin Sullivan is seen sticking pins in a voodoo doll as he paces the ring. Abdullah is seen eating raw chicken as he prepares for the match.

Eye of the Tiger hits as the fans cheer as Mike Von Erich, Terry Daniels & John Tolos come to the ring

this one is a wild one from the get go as the referee relaxes the rules a bit. Sullivan and Abdullah beat the hell out of Mike Von Erich & Terry Daniels.

Sullivan locks the Tree of Woe (Figure 4 Leglock) on a writhing Terry Daniels who is screaming out in pain. Daniels submits and gives The Family the win @ 8:42

MARK%20LEWIN%20KEVIN%20SULLIVAN%20ABDULL

Gordon: Kevin what on earth is Abdullah doing with you and the Family?

Kevin: hahaha Abdullah is an old friend of mine. He's a busy man. Him and The Sheik are both gonna be here next week and I cannot wait for that.

Gordon: Mike Von Erich has apparently decided not to leave the ring. Let's find out why.

Gordon comes to ringside.

MIKE%20VON%20ERICH%20MINI%20PIC_zps3pz7n

Gordon: Mike what's going on?

Mike: I got a message in the back that someone wants to see me.

KABUKI%20FACE%20CWF%20PWO%201983_zpsp6sehqdefault.jpg

Eddie Creatchman: Michael you are so naive hahaha. My name for those of you don't know is Eddie "The Brain" Creatchman! This man is The Great Kabuki.

Eddie: Michael the sins of the father must be paid. Your father Fritz needs to learn a lesson in respect! He ducked and would not listen to Kabuki. Your father is responsible for Kabuki's father dying and he knows it! So now you must pay for your fathers sins young von erich.

Eddie: You and the rest of those stinking sons of Fritz Von Erich have lived life in the lap of luxury in Dallas. Your daddy handed everything to you on a damn silver platter. What did Kabuki get for Christmas you ask? If he was lucky most years he got to dig out leftover christmas food in people's garbages. You see for six years he had to provide for his mother and his sister. He went out and about looking for what food he could manage to find to feed his family. At 16 he was accepted to a prestigious martial arts academy for troubled boys. He turned Pro not long after. Your father Fritz refused to ever see him to discuss what happened. Now you're gonna pay the price my boy.

KABUKI%20SPRAYS%20MIST%20CWF%20PWO%20198

Kabuki sprays his mist in the eyes and face of Mike Von Erich. Von Erich is screaming as his eyes are burning from the mysterious mist.

Eddie Creatchman: Von Erich your father made Kabuki do this to you boy. You wanna blame someone you should blame him. I'm sure daddy dearest will deny it all to you.

Kabuki thrust kicks Mike Von Erich and knocks him down.

Gordon: oh my goodness Mike Von Erich has been sprayed with that disgusting mist. we'll be back with our featured bout.

paramedics are taking Mike off on a stretcher and attempting to clean out his eyes

--Commercial Break--

Gordon: welcome back to Championship Wrestling '83. Right now let's go to the ring for our featured bout.

Dusty Rhodes vs Jack Brisco w/Lord Alfred Hayes for the Florida title

Bob Seger's Katmandu hits as Dusty Rhodes comes to the ring as the fans are screaming

Jack Brisco is seen wearing a tux and tails with a cane and hat as he and Alfred come to the ring

Dusty and Jack put on one helluva match. Dusty is angry after what happened to Mike Von Erich.

Dusty hits the bionic elbow on Jack Brisco. He pins him to retain his Florida title @ 7:28

hqdefault_zpswh2rzx8o.jpg

Dusty: my heart bweaks Gordon for my fweind Mike Von Erich. Kabookay bruddah you gonna git yours from my friends The Von Ewiks real soon for what ya done did here today.

Dusty: I pwomise ya it won't go unpunished!

Gordon: fans its been a wild and chaotic show. Next week tune in as Dusty defends his Florida title against Maya Singh & a new tag team called The New Generation will be here.

Gordon: That's all for this week folks. So Long From The Sunshine State!

Love the interviews and you do a wonderful job developing your angles!

Greart use of the draft with the VonErichs and a great start up to this angle with Kabuki.

Love Dusty here and what would Florida be without Dusty vs Sullivan.

The Briscos with Hayes vs The Long Riders is priceless.

Hurry Up with that next show. I can't get enough of Florida Wraslin