Pro Wrestling Only

TNA Slammiversary

Dylan Waco

Jeff Jarrett vs. Matt Hardy vs. Drew Galloway vs. Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode (King of the Mountain)

- Jarrett looks fucking OLD!

- That ladder DDT was fucking stupid

- The rules are so contrived I have no idea what the point of this match is.

- OK, this was a clusterfuck … the triple powerbomb spot was dumb.

- Galloway, Jarrett and Hardy completely botched the ladder spot where they were supposed to all fall down.

- The piledriver on the ladder that didn’t break was stupid.

- Man, I can’t get over the idea that Jeff Jarrett is a face. His fnisher still sucks. He still uses the stupid guitar. Not impressed.

I enjoyed Storm/Magnus but agreed that it should've been a bloodbath hate filled brawl more along the lines of Storm/Roode 3 years ago. Liked Aries/Davey a good bit, Robbie/Jessie, and the X Title match. Wish they did more with Bram/Morgan and use some more past guys like the build up to it did. I love the Dollhouse but find Brooke mostly awful. Surprised EC3 pinned Lashley relatively clean. Yeah the KOTM finish was never in doubt and was kind of dull overall. Some fine wrestling on a not terrible show overall, just not much for major happenings.

What are they doing putting the title on Jarrett at this point? I wonder if this was in response to ROH coming to Destination America and Dixie said 'Oh my God, we have to bring back Jeff Jarrett!' Obi Wan Kenobi he is not. I'd like to know what is going on behind the scenes. I just don't know where TNA goes from here, and not in an 'I'm intrigued' kind of way. I really don't see a way out or who Jarrett can feud with or put over.

The x division title match was pretty good, Jessie/Robbie and Morgan/Bram I didn't really care for, especially the out of nowhere finishes. Aries/Richards was good, Knockouts match was average. Magnus/Storm was a little too formulaic, I did like the finish though. The high voltage stuff was stupid. At the very least they could have used it as a kayfabe explaination for the audio problems after. Anderson's mic not working is funny since it's probably the best part of his act. King of the Mountain seemed so pointless. Being negative about TNA is a cliché at this point, but it's still just more of the same.

Just as an aside: I had to actually type out the word "Slammiversary" to realize what a ridiculous and terrible name that is for a show. Which is true every wrestling show ever, but wow. Picture yourself saying the word "Slammiversary" to a friend in casual conversation. "I watched True Detective. Rachel McAdams comes off less crazy if you're blunted." "Not me, friend. I opted for TNA's Slammiversary."

Watched Aries-Richards as I hadn't seen either guy work in years. Started off mediocre, but ended up with a really good finishing stretch. Aries is a competent heel, but heat is such a lost art in wrestling today that we give guys way too much credit for being competent heels. I did like his dazed moment of looking to tag his partner in a singles match. Richards looked way better than he has in the past, by virtue of slowing down, working a genuine control segment, selling like an actual babyface, and waiting until his big moves mattered. All new tricks for him: kudos.

Both guys visibly called spots, but that's become such a common critique of everyone in the HD era that it's certainly not exclusive to them. Also felt like a match where the six-sided ring was an obstacle for the camera crew. Or maybe TNA's camera crew has just gotten really lousy? Bad finish, but again, it's a particular variety of bad finish that happens to be a constant in 2015 wrestling.

The Dirty Heels t-shirt might be the most low-rent wrestling merch I've ever seen. If this was Aries' last TNA match, he gave them more than they deserve in a surprisingly good match. Still, he looked like a guy trying to get his signature moves in as quickly as possible before leaving this company on the last chopper out of Hanoi.

Isn't Jarrett like undefeated in the KOTM matches? In that context and only that context alone, it makes sense to have him involved in the match especially with a new "title" instituted for such a thing. But yeah there was no point for any of that nonsense. Just have Jarrett show up and accept his induction in their HoF and then if necessary, have him be the guy to present the new belt to whoever wins it. Oh well.

Latest TNA stupidity from Dave Meltzer on THE BOARD: The DA representative at the TNA tapings was pissed that her format on Wednesday didn't include "The guy who was in the ring promoting a rival company." After all, social media surprise is much more important than keeping your television partners happy, right brothers?

Latest TNA stupidity from Dave Meltzer on THE BOARD: The DA representative at the TNA tapings was pissed that her format on Wednesday didn't include "The guy who was in the ring promoting a rival company." After all, social media surprise is much more important than keeping your television partners happy, right brothers?

Here's the post in full.

dUEGydU.jpg

Dixie Carter is astonishingly unprofessional here.