Pro Wrestling Only

How Should Drop Out Promotions Be Handled? - Use This Thread

Beast

12 members have voted

1. 1. When Someone Drops Out....

• Wrestlers Go Into The End Of The Month Draft With Rookies And Returnees
    • Number Of Wrestlers Are Absorbed Into Nearest Active Promotion With Castoffs Going Into Draft

I voted for the first choice because after I spent more than a few minutes actually thinking about it, I wasn't so hot about basically never getting an opportunity to absorb another promotion's talent.

Unless we consciously pair up "likely to drop out" with "likely to last for the run", a bunch of guys are never going to benefit from this arrangement.

Since it is an issue, I deleted my vote. Thanks for the input Goc.

I have put as much work into this as anyone else, and I must say, that of those who are doing daily shows and trying to make this as authentic as possible, it is only fair to have the wrestlers put into a draft. I know we have already gone through our JTTS and the major stars numerous times. Even in real life, there were the guys there all the time, but also an open door with individuals coming in. It is the best way to keep things fresh, and due to the recent lack of input, fresh is a good thing.

LowBlow, you can vote specifically because Will was gracious enough to give you Baba's vote when we started the polls a month ago.

He's voted in everything so far. If it makes people feel better, I'll delete my vote and only use it as a deciding vote.

You're still only going to get 1 AT MOST 2 people in a draft even if everyone goes into it.

Right, but there's a higher quality of choices than just only JTTS and jobbers.

And we're going to do monthly new talent drafts anyway. These guys should go into it too.

This isn't an NWA issue, this is actually a gameplay issue.

The thing that bothers me isn't that the names aren't put into a draft but that everyone was on board with the takeover idea and this just interrupts things. Sometimes, lets just leave well enough alone.

Ahh right, I made this as just a player and forgot once we started this discussion.

No decision was made. People were open to the idea, but nothing happened. The delay changed my mind and I thought the discussion thread showed more people were on the fence too.

Listen, I'm not one of those "my way or I'm gone guys" so if we really just want to do the takeover strategy, I'll live with it. I won't be thrilled, but I'll understand.

I am outside the draft so I get no wrestlers out of the deal. With that said, if ICW collapsed... Memphis is getting the spoils. When Southwest collapsed, World Class benefits. This would be no different. we are already seeing real life get in the way and you never know who is going to maintain and who won't.

I am outside the draft so I get no wrestlers out of the deal. With that said, if ICW collapsed... Memphis is getting the spoils. When Southwest collapsed, World Class benefits. This would be no different. we are already seeing real life get in the way and you never know who is going to maintain and who won't.

This is why I like the takeover idea. ICW died and the Poffos all went to Memphis, Southwest crapped out and then Scott Casey & Jose Lothario are in World Class.

This is why I like the takeover idea. ICW died and the Poffos all went to Memphis, Southwest crapped out and then Scott Casey & Jose Lothario are in World Class.

Someone could then hopefully explain JCP and WWF... I am not trying to complain, but logically, it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't JCP/Mid South/Florida triangular make more sense by this "logic" we are following.

If this was 1993 project, and it were WCW, then I see a takeover option with WCW/WWF pairing being more plausible.

Now this is just getting ridiculous.

There's no reason we should still be talking about Matt D taking over Portland. It's fairly obvious from the fact that put up zero effort to keep a claim on it he wasn't really interested in doing this project full time.

Other than "we decided on it" which is weird because it didn't feel finalized to me, I'm not sure why this is something I'm supposed to be happy about.

It's selfish I guess, but there is no route set for JCP to get new guys and I don't like that. And this one is weird because Portland didn't even do one show and get their guys are going as a clump to Vancouver.

Listen, I don't want to come off as argumentative because I'm not actually that invested in this argument. If we want to just close this and continue the process with Wahoo, fine.

But we need to clarify EXACTLY how the new workers and promotion closings will work.

Someone could then hopefully explain JCP and WWF... I am not trying to complain, but logically, it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't JCP/Mid South/Florida triangular make more sense by this "logic" we are following.

If this was 1993 project, and it were WCW, then I see a takeover option with WCW/WWF pairing being more plausible.

If WWF had gone out of business in 1983 wouldn't JCP have been the most likely to start running in that area? Especially D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania. Ditto with WWF extending south of D.C.

The pairings are due to proximity not historical precedents.

Other than "we decided on it" which is weird because it didn't feel finalized to me, I'm not sure why this is something I'm supposed to be happy about.

It's selfish I guess, but there is no route set for JCP to get new guys and I don't like that. And this one is weird because Portland didn't even do one show and get their guys are going as a clump to Vancouver.

Listen, I don't want to come off as argumentative because I'm not actually that invested in this argument. If we want to just close this and continue the process with Wahoo, fine.

But we need to clarify EXACTLY how the new workers and promotion closings will work.

This is not true. I explained specifically in the thread that most pairings were a template, not doctrine. I even said Crockett could be paired with Florida and Japan could be liinked to PR as the "foreign' promotions with WWF linked to Maple Leaf. Dude... you were the one who gave me the link to the freaking randomizer. We had already moved on. We can't wait for all 17 people every time a decision needs to be made because not all people are invested in the project the same.

Quotes after I proposed the takeovers...

goc... Joe Blanchard accepts this arrangement but would also like it to be known that WCCW will only win the war over his cold, dead body.

Kris... Makes sense to me

Grimmas... I kind of like this, since it mimics real life.

Boricua... Not a crazy idea at all, actually a very sensible idea.

Flyin' Brian... I like that idea too, although I'm with Goc that Memphis can have ICW over my dead body

dawho5... Whatever it is, we should be clear going forward where each promotion's guys go before the next person quits. It will save on the arguing when two or three people want guys from a territory and have even a semi-valid claim.

Wahoo's Leg... If you guys are OK with the merger, I can go on and hash out my roster moves in the next few days.

Beast... Sounds good

Those were the comments from the people who cared.

We shouldn't be doing another poll. I get the concern about the matchups. We can work on those. Hell, I think if you link Japan to Puerto Rico, Florida to Crockett and WWF to Male Leaf, it solves the issue. Are you telling me that Crockett wouldn't chomp at the bit for Dusty and his crew? Or that WWF wouldn't want Toronto since we know they broke records there?

EDIT: I left out lowblow's comments because they were not directed toward the idea but instead about Crockett's matchup issues.

I did like the idea when it was first announced because it seemed like a quick way to just keep things moving without too much craziness. Then there was no follow up and while waiting for either the draft to start or for Wahoo to make clear what he and Matt were doing, I had second thoughts. I assumed we were just spitballing ideas.

My hesitation now has nothing to do with the match-ups and proximity, but everything to do with the likelihood of JCP ever getting the chance to absorb another promotion. WWF is active. MLW is active. Florida is active. WWC is active. And I don't want to root for anyone to go under just so I can get ALL their big names. Instead of always having a 50/50 chance to get one of the top ten stars of a dead promotion, now I'm stuck with castoffs unless someone decides to quit.

But I'm too late? Fine, not a big deal.

Finalize a sister territory list the fairest it can possibly be and start the leftovers from Portland/ASW draft.

My postings in the August 1983 thread were more concerning how the monthly new rookie/returnee draft will go. Had an idea dating back 1-2 weeks ago and no one ever followed up on it. Do we want to combine the two drafts and just do them both at the same time? Probably should start soon so it doesn't leak into August.

Everybody is active. There aren't any promotions who haven't posted shows now that Jesse had started today. Jesse has already done something like this before and his shows looked really good so I'm not sure who is supposed to be the "most likely" to drop out. There's no way to predict that.