Pro Wrestling Only

How Should Drop Out Promotions Be Handled? - Use This Thread

Beast

12 members have voted

1. 1. When Someone Drops Out....

• Wrestlers Go Into The End Of The Month Draft With Rookies And Returnees
    • Number Of Wrestlers Are Absorbed Into Nearest Active Promotion With Castoffs Going Into Draft

These are the pairings I came up with using the territory map:

Portland - Vancouver
Stampede - AWA
Toronto - Montreal
JCP - WWF
Florida - Puerto Rico
Georgia - Southeastern
Memphis - ICW
Mid-South - WCCW
Central States - WWA

This was the original proposition from goodhelmet:

Portland - Vancouver

Florida - Puerto Rico

Memphis - ICW

Southwest - WCCW

AWA - WWA

Central States- Mid South

Georgia - Southeastern

Stampede - Montreal

JCP or WWF - Maple Leaf

and Boricua had this one:

Portland - Vancouver

JCP - Florida

Memphis - ICW

Southwest - WCCW

AWA - WWA

Central States- Mid South

Georgia - Southeastern

Stampede - Montreal

WWF - Maple Leaf

Let me try one more argument.

We have 19 territories. The ideas are all missing one promotion except for the one that pairs up 3 together.

Portland died before it started so now we have 18 if ASW is paired up with a 2nd territory.

Looking at the map, why don't we try this:

Vancouver/Stampede

Toronto/Montreal

Southwest/WCCW

WWA/AWA

Memphis/ICW

Mid-South/Central States

Florida/WWC

Georgia/Southeast

WWF/JCP

OR

Vancouver/Stampede

Toronto/Montreal

Southwest/WCCW

WWA/AWA

Memphis/ICW

Mid-South/Central States

Georgia/Florida

JCP/Southeastern

WWF/WWC

With an even pairing now, we could still just split Portland up amongst everyone, because

A) It didn't even really exist as a promotion since Dylan dropped out immediately.

and

B ) The pairings weren't made until after the fact.

Now everyone would have a chance to add guys who shouldn't have been drafted away in the first place (because Portland didn't run any shows) and going into August there would be no surprises about who gets what from now on.

My main issue with option two is that me and Steven get shafted on it, since we are among the two people least likely to drop out.

This is the silliest way of looking at it because no one on this board is psychic. Did you think Dylan was the MOST likely to drop out?

We already told Wahoos Leg that he had Portland. He already made up the list of guys for the draft. I'm not sure how we're suddenly going back in time on this.

Nothing was decided!

Ideas were thrown out, Wahoo made a list, Matt D got involved, the two of them had private PM conversations and nothing ever happened!

What's the harm in continuing to spitball ideas, especially if it ends up with something more people agree with?

And you were the one who said put it to a vote in the other thread.

This rush job of giving Wahoo a super-duper territory right off the bat is so strange.

He's not getting a super duper territory, he doesn't take the whole roster.

If it had been decided that you got Portland then you'd be the one saying how screwed up it is that we already told you that you were getting it, you picked who you wanted and then suddenly that's not what is happening anymore.

I think it's silly you are arguing so much over this because either way, the problems that you guys laid out with your booking plans WON'T get solved by EITHER of these solutions. Everyone going into a dispersal draft means you get MAYBE POSSIBLY one main eventer. If you get the last pick in the draft you still get scrubs. Your BEST chance of getting an influx of good talent is territory takeovers.

I'm over it.

Let Wahoo keep these guys, but let's iron out exactly what the pairings are going on, since there's like 5 versions now.

Jesse is the first pick in the Portland draft so once he's ready to choose, let's get this show on the road.

I did like the idea when it was first announced because it seemed like a quick way to just keep things moving without too much craziness. Then there was no follow up and while waiting for either the draft to start or for Wahoo to make clear what he and Matt were doing, I had second thoughts. I assumed we were just spitballing ideas.

My hesitation now has nothing to do with the match-ups and proximity, but everything to do with the likelihood of JCP ever getting the chance to absorb another promotion. WWF is active. MLW is active. Florida is active. WWC is active. And I don't want to root for anyone to go under just so I can get ALL their big names. Instead of always having a 50/50 chance to get one of the top ten stars of a dead promotion, now I'm stuck with castoffs unless someone decides to quit.

But I'm too late? Fine, not a big deal.

Finalize a sister territory list the fairest it can possibly be and start the leftovers from Portland/ASW draft.

My postings in the August 1983 thread were more concerning how the monthly new rookie/returnee draft will go. Had an idea dating back 1-2 weeks ago and no one ever followed up on it. Do we want to combine the two drafts and just do them both at the same time? Probably should start soon so it doesn't leak into August.

I think one draft a month is plenty. Put everyone eligible in it whether it be new talent, returns, guys from promotions that closed, etc.

Edited by Flyin' Brian

• 1 month later...