Pro Wrestling Only

Alabama Wrestling Alliance

Boon

logo.png

Thursday 11th August 1983

Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum, Florence, AL

7pm Bell Time

1. The Alaskan defeats The Patriot in 8 minutes with a back breaker and the pin. The Alaskan who will be challenging for the Alabama Heavyweight tomorrow evening continues his impressive showing here in Alabama with another win in the win column.

-

2. "Action" Jackson gets a DQ win over Ted Allen when Allen refused to release a choke hold after the 5 count. The match went for about 7 minutes with Ted Allen using alot of under handed tactics, which finally cost him the victory and the winners cheque.

-

3. Shunji Kosugi & Kazuo Yamazaki in their debut in the United States defeat The Masked Terror & The Shadow following a Guillotine Head Scissors from Yamazaki to the Shadow after 12 minutes. The young duo from Japan making their debuts here are on a 3 week tour of Alabama and will be touring with AWA and SECW over the course of their time here. New Japan Pro Wrestling is their home promotion.

-

4. The Moondog & Dirty Rhodes defeat the Della Serra Brothers Gino & Bob in an all out brawl, the win came when Dirty Rhodes hit a running charge to Bob in the corner and as he fell to the mat The Moondog hit a big splash then the pin after 8 minutes.

-

5. Tom Pritchard defeats T.G Stone in 6 minutes following a Piledriver, in a match that showcased Pritchard more so than Stone.

-

6. The Alabama Heavyweight Champion Ricky Gibson defeats The Cuban Assassin in 12 minutes following a Running Drop Kick and the pin. The Cuban had control of the match in the early parts also trying and failing several time to lock in the Cuban Crab but in the end Gibson came though with the victory to show great spirit to win.

Foster Auditorium, Tuscaloosa, AL

Thursday 12th August 1983

7pm Bell Time

1. Tom Pritchard defeated T.G Stone in 5 minutes following a Piledriver, Tom Protchard never looked out of control of this one.

-

2. Shunji Kosugi & Kazuo Yamazaki defeat Tony Falk & Ted Allen when Kosugi scooped Tony Falk up for a Power Slam and runs him into the turnbuckle before turning and slamming him to the mat and then the 3 count.

-

3. Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeat the Della Serra Brothers Gino & Bob in 10 minutes when Rhodes pinned Bob following a running splash to the Bob in the corner. Both teams will be appearing in the tournament to crown Alabama Tag Team Champions next week.

-

4. The Cuban Assassin bounces back from loosing to Ricky Gibson last night in Florence by defeating "Action" Jackson in 4 minute following a Cuban Crab for the submission victory

-

5. Larry Hamilton & Josh Stroud defeat The Moondog & The Hogg in 8 minutes when Hamilton caught The Hogg off guard an inside cradle for the win.

-

6. Alabama Heavyweight Champion Ricky Gibson defeats The Alaskan in 9 minutes following a Drop Kick and the pin for the victory to retain the title.

Next week in Fort Payne and Gadsen Alabama, Alabama Wrestling Alliance will crown Alabama Tag Team Champions, teams enter into the 8 team tournament are Dirty Rhodes & Don Bass, Larry Hamilton & The Patriot, Shunji Kosugi & Kazuo Yamazaki from New Japan Pro Wrestling, The Della Serra Brothers, The Moondog & The Hogg, T.G Stone & "Action" Jackson and The Masked Terror & The Shadow. As well as Ricky Gibson defending his Alabama Heavyweight Championship in both towns.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.png

Thursday 18th August 1983

Recreation Centre, Fort Payne, AL

2.30pm Bell Time

1. Alabama Tag Title Tournament Quarter Final:- Larry Hamilton & The Patriot defeat The Masked Terror & The Shadow in 5 minutes when Hamilton hit a Running Power Slam on The Shadow followed by the 3 count.

-

2. Alabama Tag Title Tournament Quarter Final:- Dirty Rhodes & Don Bass defeat T.G Stone & "Action" in 6 minutes following a Running Charge from Dirty Rhodes to T.G Stone in the corner.

-

3. Alabama Tag Title Tournament Quarter Final:- Shunji Kosugi & Kazuo Yamazaki and The Alaskan & The Cuban Assassin go to a ten minute draw so neither teams moves forward in the tournament.

-

4. Alabama Tag Title Tournament Quarter Final:- The Moondog & The Hogg defeat the Della Serra Brothers in 12 minutes with a Double Splash on Gino Della Serra. The Moondog & The Hogg advance to the final.

-

5. Making his debut "Rotten" Ron Starr defeats Ricky Gibson for the Alabama Heavyweight Championship following a referee stoppage when Starr busted Gibson open and the referee called for the bell due to excess blood to crown a new Alabama Heavyweight Champion in "Rotten" Ron Starr in 15 minutes.

Coliseum, Gadsden, AL

Thursday 19th August 1983

7pm Bell Time

1. Alabama Tag Title Tournament Semi Final:- Larry Hamilton & The Patriot defeat Dirty Rhodes & Don Bass via DQ when Rhodes and Bass got fed up with not being able to control the faster team of Patriot and Hamilton so they brought some wooden folding chairs into the ring and attack Hamilton & Patriot causing the DQ after 10 minutes.

-

2. Shunji Kosugi & Kazuo Yamazaki defeat The Masked Terror & The Shadow in 6 minutes following Kosugi scooping up The Shadow up for a Power Slam and runing him into the turnbuckle before turning and slamming him to the mat followed by the 3 count.

-

3. The Alsakan & The Cuban Assassin defeat the team of "Action" Jackson & T.G Stone in 4 minutes in a match they never looked like losing.

-

4. New Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr defeats Ricky Gibson in a rematch from last night to retain the Alabama Heavyweight Championship. The match lasted 13 minutes and came to an end when Starr hit a low boot to Gibson and a DDT.

-

5. Alabama Tag Title Tournament Final:- Larry Hamilton & The Patriot overcome The Moondog and The Hogg to win the Alabama Tag Team Titles in 14 minutes of action when The Hogg missed a big splash and Hamilton covered him for the 3 count to win the titles and the tournament.

-

I'm thinking I would like both of your promotions. Ever since I did my 2000s Japan watch I've had this idea that 20+ minute matches are very often bloated by unnecessary stuff when in the hands of all but the very high tier pro wrestlers. So my thinking is that ideally eighteen minutes or so is more than enough to tell the story that needs to be told. That and my recent love of tag wrestling makes me gravitate towards show like yours.

logo.png

Thursday 25th August 1983

Von Bruan Civic Center,Huntville, AL

7.30pm Bell Time

1. The Cuban Assassin defeats "Action" Jackson in 6 minutes via submission with the Cuban Crab. The Cuban Assassin had control of the match throughout and never looked in any danger of losing this bout.

-

2. Alabama Tag Team Champions Larry Hamilton and The Patriot defeat The Della Serra Brothers Bob and Gino following a Football Tackle from the Patriot on Gino at 10 minutes followed by the pin. After the match The Hogg and The Moondog storm the ring and attack the champions and leave both me bloodied.

-

3. The Alaskan defeats T.G Stone in 6 minutes following a shoulder breaker. The Alaskan didn't seem to take T.G too serious and probably could of finished of Stone a lot earlier than he did.

-

4. Shunji Kosugi and Kazuo Yamazaki defeat Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass following a Guillotine Head Scissors from Yamazaki to the Bass after 12 minutes in a cracking match that the fans were fully invested in. This was Kosugi and Yamazaki last match in the United States as they will be returning to New Japan.

-

5. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr and Bobby Eaton and Ricky Gibson and Tim Horner go to a 20 minute draw in an excellent face paced match to send the fans home happy.

Hoover High School, Hoover, AL

Friday 26th August 1983

7pm Bell Time

1. The Cuban Assassin defeats T.G Stone in 5 minutes following the Cuban Crab. The Cuban Assassin spent a lot of time jaw jacking with the fans at ringside telling them Hoover is the worst place on the planet to live.

-

2. The Alaskan defeats "Action" Jackson in 6 minutes via countout when both the Alaskan and Jackson took the battle to the outside and the Alaskan slammed Jacksons head into the ring post and he was unable to return to the ring before the 10 count.

-

3. The Della Serra Brothers Gino and Bob defeat The Masked Medic's following a running Powerslam from Bob to Medic #1 in 8 minutes.

-

4. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr went to a 30 minute time limit draw with Ricky Gibson, the match was filled with several near falls but Gibson was unable to win back his title that he lost last week.

-

5. Alabama Tag Team Champions Larry Hamilton and The Patriot defeat Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass following a top rope flying cross body from Larry Hamilton to Don Bass for the win at 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.png

Thursday 2nd September 1983

Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum, Florence, AL

7pm Bell Time

1. Scott Armstrong and Marty Oates go to a 10 minute draw to open up the show here in Florence. Both wrestlers are rookies and making their debuts in Alabama, both wrestlers look they could go on to be stars but they are both very raw for the time being.

-

2. Charlie Cook defeats The Cuban Assassin in 9 minutes following a Running Football Tackle that knocked The Assassin of his feet and Cook covered him for the victory.

-

3. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr defeats TIm Horner in 14 minutes when Starr pulled a pair of brass knux out of his tights and clubbed Horner round the head knocking him out.

-

4. Alabama Tag Team Champions Larry Hamilton and The Patriot defeat The Masked Terror and The Shadow in 10 minutes when Hamilton hot a running cross body to The Shadow followed by the pin.

-

5. Johnny Rich defeats Tom Pritchard in 18 minutes following a Thesz Press and the cover for the victory in a very competitive match, after the match Johnny Rich challenged "Rotten" ROn Starr to a title match next week in Madison. Starr comes to the ring and accepts and a brawl breaks out between the two wrestlers.

logo.png

Thursday 8th September 1983

Athens Recreation Center, Athens, AL

Bell Time 7.30pm

1. Scott Armstrong and Marty Oates go to a 10 minute draw. Both rookie wrestlers give it their all but it was very much an unpolished match as expected from these to new comers.

-

2. Ted Allen defeats "Action" Jackson in 6 minutes following a Piledriver in a dominate preformance.

-

3. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr and Charlie Cook ends after 10 minutes following the referee throwing out the contest when both men brawled to the outside and around the ring and wouldnt return.

-

4. The Moondog defeats Gene Ligon after a Big Splash and the pin after 6 minutes.

-

5. The Nightmares (Danny Davis & Ken Wayne) defeat Alabama Tag Team Champions Larry Hamilton and The Patriot in 13 minutes to become new Tag Team Champions when The Nightmares hit a Tombstone Piledriver followed by a Middle Rope Leg Drop on The Patriot.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.png

Thursday 15th September 1983

Bob Jones High School Gym, Madison, AL

7pm Bell Time

1. Scott Armstrong defeats The Shadow (Tony Falk) in 7 minutes following a Superkick. Scott is beginning to grow as a wrestlers but needs to make the step up from Tony Falk, in all due respect.

-

2. Ted Allen defeats Marty Oates in 6 minutes when Oates missed timed a top rope fist drop and Allen hit a devastating Elbow Drop.

-

3. The Patriot defeats The Masked Raider (Norman Frederick Charles III) when he hit a Full Nelson Slam on the Raider who got little offense in, this contest went 5 minutes.

-

4. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr defeats Charlie Cook following a Top Rope Knee drop from Starr after 12 minutes. After the match Starr got on the house mic and told Cook he would never be a champion as long as he's here in Alabama Wrestling Alliance.

-

5. The Nightmares (Danny Davis & Ken Wayne) defeat the team of Art Crews and Larry Hamilton in 12 minutes following a Tombstone Piledriver to Crews from Davis.

logo.png

Foster Auditorium, Tuscaloosa, AL

Wednesday 21st September 1983

7pm Bell Time

Well before I begin, I would like to thank Boon for the opportunity to work for Alabama Wrestling. I hope I don’t mess anything up for him. Here we go.

As the night begins, The Nightmares, Danny Davis and Ken Wayne, along with Ted Allen come to the ring. Danny Davis grabs the house microphone from the Ring Announcer.

Davis: Well where the hell am I tonight? Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Just another backwards, Alabama hick town. Listen up all you losers, I got three things to say!

The crowd is outraged and booing loudly already.

Davis: First, if your third grade education allows you tonight, you uneducated rednecks, you might have noticed our faces are painted a little different. We still have the stars on our face but

tonight they are in the pattern of the flag from the Great State of Tennessee! I am sure you all remember Tennessee and if you don’t you will remember them forever on October 15th. That’s

right October 15th. The day The Tennessee Volunteers wipe the floor with that Pop Warner Team you call The Crimson Tide!

Oh that’s right! Tennessee. The school that will run all over The University of Alabama in a few weeks. “Roll Tide Roll!!!” That does not mean roll over and play dead to the unstoppable

Tennessee Volunteers but that is what you will do!

The crowd is now beside themselves!!!!

And you say Paul Bear Cub Bryant is a legend! A legend in your own minds I guess.

Number 2, well, you can see, Ted Allen is out here with us tonight and let’s see if you can guess why?

OH never mind, you people are not smart enough to guess. Ted is another fellow Tennessean and he is also the newest member of the Nightmares. We were already The Alabama Tag Team

Champions with Ken and myself. Now throw in Ted Allen and we are now the unstoppable Tennessee Volunteer Army Nightmares!

Third, we are here tonight to challenge anyone from the poor state of Alabama to challenge Ken and myself for the Alabama Tag Team Title. If anyone is man enough in this whole state, we will

give you a shot at the Titles!

Out comes Rotten Ron Starr….

The fans boo even louder!

Starr: Nightmares, I am usually on your side but tonight you have crossed the line. I am from right here in Alabama and what you are saying is way out of bounds. I can put down these people

but that is because family can to that to family. You people come here from Tennessee to work and earn a paycheck and you have the nerve to put down this state. If you don’t like it leave it!

The crowd let’s out an uneasy cheer.

Second, nobody, and I mean nobody, makes fun of The Legend, Paul Bear Bryant! That is sacrilegious around these parts and you will pay. I accept your challenge and tonight I will become the

first ever Alabama Heavyweight Champion and Alabama Tag Team Champion!

Davis: Starr, you got no shot, first, you are from Alabama and nobody from Alabama defeats Tennessee. Second, next to us, you might be the most hated man in the building right now and

nobody would ever want to be your partner. Lastly, I don’t even think another person from Alabama would even dare to wrestle The Nightmares.

Action Jackson runs to the ring to the cheers of the crowd and grabs the mike.

Jackson: Well I know I can’t stand Rotten Ron Starr but he is from my home state. That’s right, I was born right here in the Great State of Alabama. Starr, I know we don’t see eye to eye very

often but let’s take out these Nightmares and become champs.

Starr and Jackson shake hands and head back to the locker room as due The Nightmares as both teams prepare for a title bout.

The Ring Announcer picks the mic off the mat and introduces the first match of the night.

1. Scott Armstrong defeats The Masked Raider (Norman Fredrick Charles III) with a Superkick at the 8 minute mark. Scott Armstrong is now on a roll early on in his career and must be taken more seriously.

2. The Patriot and The Moondog battle to 15 Minute Time Limit Draw. Moondog seemed on the verge of winning about 10 minutes into the match after he hit a Giant Splash but The Patriot kicked out at 2 ¾ . As the bell sounded, The Patriot had hit Moondog with a Full Nelson Slam but did not have time for the 3 count.

3. Ricky Gibson and Tim Horner defeat Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes as Horner caught Bass with a rolling cradle at the 14 minute mark. Bass and Rhodes tried to use brawler like tactics but it just seemed they were a bit slow!

4. Johnny Rich defeats The Newest Member of The Nightmares, Ted Allen with a Lou Thesz Press at the 14 minute mark. What a match. Both wrestlers hit technical move after technical move as well as a bit of the rough stuff. In the end, Rich was attacked by Davis and Ken Wayne but Horner and Gibson quickly came to his aid before much damage could occur.

5. The Alabama Tag Team Champions, The Nightmares, Danny Davis and Ken Wayne defeat the Alabama‘s Own, Ron Starr and Action Jackson as The Nightmares caught Jackson with a Tombstone Piledriver followed by a Middle Rope Leg Drop at the 13 minute mark. Jackson was in trouble early in the match and went for a tag but his teammate, Starr jumped off the apron and with a huge grin on his face strutted back to the locker room leaving Action Jackson high and dry to fend for himself against all 3 Nightmares. After the three count, the Nightmares continued their assault on Action Jackson until help arrived in the form of Gibson, Horner and Rich.

As the match ended, Gibson called once again for the microphone.

Gibson: Nightmares! We have had it up to here with you. Insulting these great fans, attacking Johnny after his match. Going 3-1 against a helpless Action Jackson. You show no class! We are

coming for you. This Friday, we already got the President of Alabama Wrestling to sanction the match! Nightmares, This Friday at Fort Payne Recreation Center we are coming for you and

those straps around your waist! Nowhere to run now Nightmares!

Johnny Rich grabs the mic:

Rich: Rotten Ron Starr! You low down dirty Dog! How could you leave your partner all alone! You had this all planned out from the get go tonight. What’s Action Jackson done to you? Nothing!

But guess what Rotten, We are also signed for Friday at Fort Payne! That’s right, I am the new #1 contender for your title. I too am from Tennessee but I was raised right by my Mamma and

Poppa. I was taught respect and honor but I was also taught to knock low-lifes like yourself out! Friday! Fort Payne! YOUR TIME IS UP Mr. ROTTEN!

The fans leave a bit relieved that their honor has been protected. They were pretty upset and the early comments and behavior of both The Nightmares and Rotten Ron Starr. Many are thinking

of making the trip to Fort Payne on Friday.

Pretty good stuff to open up here with Kev. My biggest advice would be to look at your formatting. Check out other shows and see "how" they are written and presented and try to incorporate your own style in there. I know there are some page breaks that have loosened up through this post so just double check when all is said and done. Find a way for the matches to pop out rather than blend in with the rest.

In terms of the booking, very good stuff and it is good to keep some continuity and hear some promos from some of the guys working. Solid start and something to build off of nicely.

Going with the state rivalry as a (sort of, damn you Rotten Ron Starr) line in the sand for your big feuds was a nice twist on the more international approach. Then you turn it around with the Starr/Johnny Rich feud, which has all kinds of potential for turns in the long run. I agree that it is indeed a solid start.

I did notice all of your matches hit the same time mark roughly besides the squashy one. Maybe have a few minutes differential as you go up the card to separate out the main event types from the midcard from the lower guys. Also tends to make for less long matches with guys who are simply not at that level yet. I do feel confident leaving Denis Goulet to your booking though. Seems like you plan on keeping the general feel for the promotion, and this has been a good one consistently.

Friday 23rd September 1983

7.00pm Bell Time

In order to grow the promotion and keep fans up on all the happenings, Alabama Wrestling will be handing out The Alabama Wrestling Newsletter at all shows. This will be a monthly program that include a list of champions, coverage of major feuds and results from other shows. It will also rank the Top 5 Wrestlers in Alabama Wrestling.

Match 1: Marty Oates and Scott Armstrong vs Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes

Somehow, Armstrong and Oates prevailed in this match. Bass and Rhodes really controlled the tempo and abused to the two young wrestlers and really seemed to have the match won by using some real rough and dirty tactics. Oates was able to catch Bass with a sunset flip after an Irish Whip by Bass. Rhodes was slow to make the save and the ref made the three count for the win at 8:23. Bass and Rhodes could do nothing but walk away shaking their heads. After the ref raises the young guns hands in victory, he relays a message to the winners from the President of Alabama Wrestling. Going into the last quarter of the year, they are the two leading contenders for Alabama Rookie Wrestler of the Year which comes with a $5000 bonus. Both wrestlers seem happy at this announcement for a moment but Oates seems to have a very busy mind while the two head to the locker room.

Match 2: Steve O vs The Shadow

Steve O defeats the Shadow with a Flying Tackle followed up by a quick series of drop kicks that landed right on the Jaw of The Shadow at 6:03. This was Steve O’s first match in Alabama but his success in his career and his great technical skill had the fans on his side from his first step in the ring. After the match, Steve asked for the house mic.

Steve O: I would like to take this opportunity to than you wonderful fans for your support. I am excited to be back down here in Dixie and I hope to make you all proud! I have also heard about what’s going on down here. Rotten Ron Starr, The Nightmares, Don Bass, Dirty Rhodes! All these characters have forgotten the ways of The South. No Respect! No Manners! I am here to support the great wrestlers like Johnny Rich, Ricky Gibson and Tim Horner. Any help you guys need, just ask!

Match 3: Charlie Cook vs The Masked Raider (Norman Fredrick Charles III)

Charlie Cook defeats The Masked Raider with a football tackle at 9:11. The Masked Raider really fought hard and his dirty tactics had Cook on his heels for a while but Cook was just masterful in this match.

Match 4: Mike “Action” Jackson vs The Newest Nightmare, Ted Allen

Ted Allen pinned Action Jackson at 17:42Truly a great match. Allen really had the ire of the fans from the beginning as once again he came out with his face painted in the image of the flag of Tennessee. Both these wrestlers can really did it all from the technical moves to the agility to the rough stuff. Even though Ted Allen is now a member of The Nightmares, he came out alone as Danny Davis and Ken Wayne were preparing for the Title Bout. The difference in this match happened with the refs back turned and Allen used a low blow to double over Action Jackson. He followed this up with a Piledriver and that was all she wrote.

Match 5: Alabama Tag Team Title Match:

The Nightmares, Danny Davis and Ken Wayne vs Ricky Gibson and Tim Horner

The Nightmares win by pinfall at 23:41 as Davis pinned Gibson.

The Nightmares, including Ted Allen, come to the ring waving the flag of the University of Tennessee and the crowd is basically beside themselves. As they hop up on the apron, Ken Wayne pulls out a piece of rope while it appears Danny Davis is holding some kind of doll. Upon closer inspection, it is a doll that has amazing likeness to The Legendary Football Coach, Paul Bear Bryant. Wayne begins to tie the rope around the neck of the doll and when he is done, Davis hangs it over the top rope while Allen grabs the legs of the doll and begins to pull. The dolls head snaps right off!

The crowd is wild with anger. In fact security had to step in to prevent some pretty big boys from getting to the ring.

Gibson and Horner had seen enough and go on the attack. After a period of all 4 men in the ring, the match settled down a bit. Horner and Gibson worked great together and seemed to be the better team. As Davis Irish Whipped Gibson into the ropes, Allen from the ring floor, tripped Gibson. The ref went to admonish Allen but this only allowed the Nightmares to use some illegal double teaming tactics which ended with a Tombstone Piledriver on Gibson. Wayne prevented Horner from making the save as the ref turned his attention back to the match and made the three count.

All three Nightmares now turned their attention on Gibson and Horner. Allen entered the ring with a chair and was about to hit Tim Horner who was being held by both Wayne and Davis. The crowd began to roar. It was Steve O hitting the ring and everything in his path. Within seconds, it was Gibson, Horner and Steve O in control of the ring while all three Nightmares were on the floor. Thinking it was better to leave, The Nightmares grab their belts and walk out with big smiles on their faces along with their Tennessee Volunteers flag!

Match 6: Alabama Heavyweight Championship Match:

Champion Rotten Ron Starr vs Challenger Johnny Rich

This match ended in a double disqualification at 26:17. Very little in this match resembles wrestling. It was an all-out brawl that ended when both men were counted out of the ring. The two men seemed content with this as the fought all the way back to the locker room. Chairs and ring posts seemed to be the weapons of choice and as they disappeared behind the curtains, both men wore a crimson mask. This is definitely not the last we will here of this feud.

The fans left with a lot of emotions from the last two bouts. They were heard mumbling on the way out that the Nightmares are going to pay. Nobody gets away with putting Bear Bryant down!

See you all next Wednesday in Gadsden!

100% better with the formatting. I am nitpicky on everything being bold, but I am an italicizer so I can't complain too much.

In terms of the booking, good match write ups and ability to keep the feuds going. Good match write ups and decent promos. I like the "fan" chatter as well. I once did a show completely from a fan perspective, it was a challenge but quite entertaining to read. Looking forward to what you built to in the future when your get your own promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

logo.png

Thursday 13th October 1983

Von Bruan Civic Center,Huntsville, AL

7.30pm Bell Time

1. The Heartbreakers ("Toy Boy" Tony Falk & "Lover Boy" Tommy Wright) making a winning debut as a team defeating the team of Gene Ligon and Marty Jannetty when "Toy Boy" Tony distracted the referee long enough for "Lover Boy" to hit Ligon with a low blow followed by being rolled up for the 3 count at the 11 minute mark.

-

2. Scott Armstrong defeats The Masked Raider in 7 minutes when he hit The Masked Raider with a Superkick that almost knock Raiders head of his shoulders.

-

3. Alabama Tag Team Champions The Nightmares (Danny Davis & Ken Wayne) go to a 15 minute time limit draw with the team of Rick McCord and Ron Ritchie, the time limit expired just moments before Ritchie could cover Wayne after a Running Bulldog which would of surely got the win for McCord and Ritchie.

-

4. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr defeats Johnny Rich in 18 minutes when he hit Rich over the head with his title belt behind the referees back. Following match AWA Superstar Samu came running down to the ring and explained to the referee what had happened, with his Ron Starr smashed his belt over Samu head, only for it to have little affect. Samu turns to Starr and the brawl is on between the two. The locker room empties to split the pair apart.

-

5. "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton with Jim Cornette defeats Tim Horner in 25 minutes with a Top Rope Alabama Jam in his home town after a terrific fast paced match. Before the bell Eaton and Cornette run down his home town and Bobby says he's going to be moving to Tennessee with Jim Cornette as this state second rate compared to Tennessee.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.png

Friday 27th October 1983

7.00pm Bell Time

1. The Heartbreakers ("Toy Boy" Tony Falk & "Lover Boy" Tommy Wright) defeat The Patriots (Josh Stroud & Gene Ligon under masks) in 12 minutes when Tommy Wright rolled up Patriot #2 and held his tights. After the bell the Heartbreakers continue to beat down the Patriots only for Scott Armstrong and Marty Jannetty to run to the ring and fight off The Heartbreakers.

-

2. Ron Ritchie defeats The Invader (Bill Howard in a mask) in 7 minutes with a Corner Sling Shot Splash and the cover for the win.

-

3. Ric McCord defeats The Masked Raider (Norman Frederick Charles III) in 5 minutes with a power slam. After the match the Invader ran down to the ring and started to attack McCord but Ron Ritchie wasnt far behind and even up the sides for a short brawl before McCord and Ritchie got the better of the masked men and ran them to the back.

-

4. Alabama Heavyweight Champion "Rotten" Ron Starr defeated Samu in 16 minutes in an excellent contest, the win came about when Starr hit a low blow on Samu and covered him for the 3 count. After the match Tim Horner came out to the ring and challenged

-

5. Alabama Tag Team Champions The Nightmares (Danny Davis & Ken Wayne) defeat the newly formed team of Scott Armstrong & Marty Jannetty in 18 minutes in a fast paced tag team match. The Nightmares finished of the new team with a Tombstone Piledriver from Davis on Jannetty and pins him for the win.

Despite being the smallest group in the project you continue putting matches on these cards that I'd really like to see. Add Ron Starr vs. Samu and The Nightmares vs. Scott Armstrong & Marty Jannetty to the list. Even if Scott & Marty were still really green at this point in time I think The Nightmares could have gotten something good out of them.