Pro Wrestling Only

Least Experienced Worker

WingedEagle

10 years is the barometer I've often been using when trying to decide on where to rank guys. I figure if a guy is very good, great, or excellent (or some combination of the three) for at least a 10 year period, then they deserve some serious consideration.

I'm trying to think of guys who have less than 10 years of solid stuff. Lesnar maybe? He's not a lock yet, but I think he'll be somewhere on my final list. I'm trying to formulate an argument for Batista, but he only really has about 5 years of prime stuff. Not sure if he'll end up making it, as much as I want him to.

Wouldn't Volk Han be a lock for this? His chronological tenure might've covered six years, but in that entire time he only had about thirty matches. When a dude's entire career has barely consisted of twice as many matches as I have wrestled in front of people, that's pretty inexperienced. Is there any other case of a top-regarded wrestler whose COMPLETE career could literally fit onto a single Goodhelmet-sized DVD set?

Nah, Brock's got WAY more matches than Volk, he spent two years on the road working a standard WWE schedule. He was wrestling every week on Smackdown, and also house shows, for months and months on end. (Although, Lesnar is still a good example for this thread.)

I was just naming Brock for this thread. I know nothing about Volk Han. I think Lesnar also totally defies the "needs 10 years of experience" deal that Parv is talking about too.

Gino Hernandez is another name for this thread.

Volk had somewhere closer to 75 worked bouts, fwiw.

Whoops. Fuckin' Wikipedia. (Wrestlingdata and Cagematch didn't have anything close to a full list either.) But still, the overall point stands, that's an incredibly low number for a guy who some might have in their top ten.