Pro Wrestling Only

Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore hospitalized, suspended

goodhelmet

I don't think this incident has anything to do with what the Torch article said. Remember, the Torch article said a "top wrestler" was on the unofficial watch, and I'd hardly call Eugene a top wrestler. It wasn't a suicide watch, either, it was reported as a death watch.

I've heard the opposite of what Dave has said here, in that Nick Dinsmore's been frustrated playing the character. I can't remember where I read it, but someone at a house show yelled to him and said, "You can do better than this!" which caused him to reply, "I know."

Guest Famous Mortimer

Another mind-buggeringly moronic gimmick hopefully finished. It should have ended after 6 months or so when it turned out he was playing the disabled gimmick to fuck someone else over, but no.

I know that WWE.com has been all work-shooty as of late but I think it's telling they referred to him by his real name with Eugene in quotes. WWE seemed protective of that gimmick, even when people were in shoot mode.

To me it says that A) Whatever happened was serious enough to use his real name and B) He must have fucked up pretty bad if they're going to break kayfabe on a gimmick they seemed to have a soft spot for.

Guest Cam Chaos

I'll put money on the situation not being far from this: a bunch of gobby student/chav types start making fun of him playing a handicapped guy on TV. An hour and three bars later with them following and continuing to make "mongy" gestures and "fookin spazmo!" comments, Nick gets pissed off, gets beat down and goes to hospital.

Guest teke184

Meltzer says the bar fight rumor is NOT true. According to him, Dinsmore passed out backstage after the show and was suspended and sent home. The blanks can sort of be filled in. Of all the weeks to do something really stupid ...

This is the same kind of shit that got Scorpio jobbing for years and one of the Dupp brothers fired.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

a bunch of gobby student/chav types start making fun of him playing a handicapped guy on TV. An hour and three bars later with them following and continuing to make "mongy" gestures and "fookin spazmo!" comments

Did you jus make up a series of your own words?

This is the same kind of shit that got Scorpio jobbing for years and one of the Dupp brothers fired.

I remember hearing stories of Scorpio's drug use, but never backstage affecting his performance in the ring...are those REALLY the reasons WWF had him jobbing. Its Vince and Co after all, it couldve easily been something else stupid.

Whatever happened to the Dupps,anyway?

Guest Tha Cunnysmythe

a bunch of gobby student/chav types start making fun of him playing a handicapped guy on TV. An hour and three bars later with them following and continuing to make "mongy" gestures and "fookin spazmo!" comments

Did you jus make up a series of your own words?
No.

Guest teke184

All I remember about the Dupps is one was Trevor Murdoch, one passed away. and one was alleged to be the one being blown by The Kat in that famous pic that made Jerry Lawler turn into a heartbroken teenager on his website.

One of the Dupps was drugged up at WM X-7 and was spotted by Linda McMahon as someone was trying to drag him out of sight, IIRC.

Guest Cam Chaos

one was alleged to be the one being blown by The Kat in that famous pic that made Jerry Lawler turn into a heartbroken teenager on his website.

Wasn't that Russ Haas?

Guest teke184

one was alleged to be the one being blown by The Kat in that famous pic that made Jerry Lawler turn into a heartbroken teenager on his website.

Wasn't that Russ Haas?
No, the Haas Brothers (Charlie and Russ) were not travelling with the WWF until later that year.

However, the Dupp Brothers (Some combination of Bo, Stan, and Jack, IIRC) were dark-match guys at that point and even did matches at the WM X-7 Fan-Fest.

All I remember about the Dupps is one was Trevor Murdoch, one passed away. and one was alleged to be the one being blown by The Kat in that famous pic that made Jerry Lawler turn into a heartbroken teenager on his website.

I'm not sure if Jack's actually dead. I think he just had a heart attack like Russ Haas did and had to retire.