Pro Wrestling Only

Mid South Wrestling on Tour Sept. 1983

LowBlowPodcast

9/14 Mid South Wrestling television taping from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

Join Mid South Wrestling this Saturday night on WGNO for the hottest wrestling action in the country!

Tune in for the big tag team encounter as Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones take on The German Destroyers!

The Tonga Kid makes his return to Mid South and he has upset a couple of people.

Bruiser Brody comes to town to join up with The Junkyard Dog and they are in action against Abdullah the Butcher and The Shiek but Ted Dibiase and Stan Hansen didn't want to miss out on all the fun!

Cowboy Bill Watts releases an updated SUPERDOME card for September 24th. Plus we hear from "Cowboy" Scott Casey and NWA Canadian Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel!

Plus the first results from the Mid South Television Championship Tournament are released and we find out who is in the lead after the first round!

Tune in to WGNO this Saturday for Mid South Wrestling!

9/15 Mid South Wrestling Live from the Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Mississippi

El Bracero & Steve O defeated Israel Matia & Raul Castro

Kurt Von Hess defeated Burrhead Jones

Sweet Daddy Siki defeated The Baron

The Wild Samoans defeated the Fantastics

ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Mad Dog Boyd

Mr. Wrestling II & Tiger Chung Lee went to a double DQ

The Junkard Dog defeated Don Muraco

MAIN EVENT

Stan Hansen defeated Ted Dibiase by DQ

9/16 Mid South Wrestling Live from the Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, Texas

Sweet Daddy Siki defeated Kurt Von Hess

Steve O & El Bracero defeated Mike & Robert Reed

The Baron defeated Burrhead Jones

The Tonga Kid defeated Mark Savage

IRONMAN TV TITLE TOURNAMENT

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo with a spinebuster and pinfall @ 11:34.

Mr. Wrestling received 20 points in the tournament!

Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard defeated ThunderBolt Patterson via DQ @13:21 when Muraco acted like he was hit by The Grand Wizard’s cane. ThunderBolt was holding the can threatening Muraco but he acted like he was hit and PeeWee Anderson called for the bell!

Don Muraco received 10 points in the tournament!

The Fantastics & Wild Samoans went to a double count-out @ 17:34

MAIN EVENT

LUMBERJACK MATCH

The Junkyard Dog defeated Ted Dibiase when Dibiase was distracted by the Lumberjacks and JYD rolled him up for a pinfall @ 15:22!

logo.jpg

WGNO-logo-e1405349521418.png

Mid South Wrestling television taping from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

{Mid South Wrestling opens to a nice little package showcasing some of the big stars of Mid South. We then cut to Jim Ross and Bill Watts at ringside!}

BWand_JR.png

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside the Cowboy Bill Watts. Bill, tonight, we have got four great matches on the card and with one week until the Superdome, you know that Ted Dibiase and the Junkyard Dog are counting their blessings.

Bill Watts: Well Jim, it was announced earlier in the week that tonight, Ted Dibiase has to step into the ring with a double tough man, someone who could take claim to that North American title if he makes it out of the Superdome alive… and that is Stan the Lariat Hansen!

Jim: When you look at this card fans, you will see the top stars in all of wrestling. We have got a big tag team contest with Bruiser Brody and the Junkyard Dog taking on Dibiase’s mercenaries, The Sheik and Abdullah the Butcher.

Bill: You know that Dibiase put out a LOT of money to make sure the JYD wouldn’t make it to the Superdome next week!

Jim: Well our opening contest is one that we know has some real hatred… the Germans and Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones… these four men have been at one another every week and it is going to come to head right now.

Bill: These four men know what its all about and one way or another, someone is going to reach their breaking point.

Jim: Fans let’s head to the ring!

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Mid South Wrestling! Our first contest is scheduled for one-fall with a 20-minute time limit. In the corner to my left, from Berlin, Germany… The German Destroyers… Kurt Von Hess and Baron Von Raschke! Their opponents…. From Moncks Corner, South Carolina & Toronto, Canada… Burrhead Jones & Sweet Daddy Siki!

Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones vs The German Destroyers

{A fun opener here with these four men who have got some nice heat with one another. The crowd is hot for this one, as they have seen it unfold on television and we get 6-minutes of some fast paced action. The Germans are a much better team but Burrhead and Siki really have got the crowd behind them. Watts and Ross say that the winner of this contest could likely go on for a tag title shot down the line. The Germans decide to get the upperhand in their dastardly ways and control the pace until Sweet Daddy Siki gets a huge tag and comes in like a house of fire. The fans get pumped here as Siki hoists up Von Hess and he is spinning him around as there is pure chaos inside the ring. He continues to turn and turn and WHACK! The referee goes down and then Siki goes for the 1…2….3…. but there is no referee! PeeWee Anderson runs down to the ring and he checks on the referee. Outside the ring the Baron RAMS Burrhead’s head into the post and then locks on the claw outside the ring! Burrhead looks to be busted open. Peewee calls for the bell! Boyd Pierce is trying to figure out what is going on as Sweet Daddy and Von Hess are still fighting in the ring. We hear that the Germans have won due to DQ when Sweet Daddy hit the referee with Von Hess! He is protesting but while he does that, Von Hess pulls off the Baron whose hand is covered in blood. Burrhead Jones looks down and possibly out!}

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South Wrestling returns with results from last night’s Houston Wrestling. Watts and Ross put over the IronMan TV Title Tournament action…}

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo with a spinebuster and pinfall @ 11:34.

Mr. Wrestling received 20 points in the tournament!

Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard defeated ThunderBolt Patterson via DQ @13:21 when Muraco acted like he was hit by The Grand Wizard’s cane. ThunderBolt was holding the can threatening Muraco but he acted like he was hit and PeeWee Anderson called for the bell!

Don Muraco received 10 points in the tournament!

Bill: Well Jim, I think can say that things started off with a bang in the Ironman tournament.

Jim: You look at how important that victory was for Mr. Wrestling II. 20 points is a great lead and you can see that even Muraco won, but he is only halfway there.

Bill: In a couple of weeks, I expect things to really heat up when we see ThunderBolt and Wrestling II in action and of course we will see Tiger Chung Lee and Don Muraco one on one.

Jim: I think those are contests everyone is interested to see. These four men all have drawn lines in the sand and in a couple of weeks, those lines may be blurred.

Bill: Well lemme tell ya, there’s a guy coming out here right now that could have been in this tournament had he been around for the drawing and that is the Tonga Kid.

Jim: The Tonga Kid is a mainstay in the Carolinas and he’s looking to get his feet wet in Mid South. He is one of the most talented young wrestlers I have seen in quite some time.

image.jpg

Boyd Pierce: Ladies and gentlemen our next contest is scheduled for one-fall with a 15-minute time limit. Introducing first, in the corner to my left, he hails from Santo Domingo, Israel Matia! His opponent, he hails from the Isle of Samoa, The Tonga Kid!

The Tonga Kid vs Israel Matia

{A fun showcase for the Tonga Kid who comes out to a great ovation from the crowd. The fans are really behind him and he has a fast paced offense second to none. Israel is stumbling and bumbling as Tonga flies around the ring and before we know it, a couple of huge dropkicks and a flying headbutt for the 1…2…3 and Tonga is victorious! Tonga works the crowd then heads over to the announce booth…}

hqdefault.jpg

Jim: Tonga Kid welcome in here. What a DEBUT!

Tonga Kid: Oh brutha you know I am flying with the best of em right now. I am so high right now brother I could jump through the roof!

Bill: Well Tonga, lemme tell you, you’ve got so much talent, some of the best I have seen in quite some time.

Tonga Kid: Well Mr. Watts, it is a honor to be here in Mid South, and I am looking to make the most of every opportunity I’ve got.

Jim: We know about the challengers in Mid South, but is there someone you’d be interested in…

{Just then we see Tiger Chung Lee and Tojo walk out to a chorus of boos…}

Jim: Wait just a moment… Tojo, what do you want out here?

Tojo: You shut your mouth Jim Ross… you and Cowboy… you talk about all the best stars but you don’t talk about my Tiger Chung Lee. He is the most dangerous man in wrestling and he will take on all comers!

Jim: Well we didn’t say anything about that…

Bill: Well I don’t know what you want from us….

Tojo: What I want from you is to stop showing off bums like this man… I want a television match for my Tiger Chung Lee every week. He could beat anyone, anytime, anywhere!

Tonga: Hey brother, no harm meant. I just want a chance to show my skills…

Tojo: Skills… you have one skill… that is to walk away… or my Tiger Chung Lee will send you away on a stretcher!

{Tiger then steps in and he is eye to eye with Tonga… Bill Watts jumps in between them and Tojo pulls him back…Watts says it will happen next week… Tonga Kid vs Tiger Chung Lee!}

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South returns with a promo for the big Superdome card on the 24th. We see the following matches being signed…

MAIN EVENT

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

DOG-COLLAR MATCH LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCH

The Junkyard Dog vs Ted Dibiase ©

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen vs The Wild Samoans © w/ The Grand Wizard

NWA CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Rick Martel © vs Don Muraco w/ The Grand Wizard

NWA MINI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Cowboy Lang vs Little Tokyo ©

ThunderBolt Patterson vs The Sheik

The Fantastics vs The German Destroyers

Mr. Wrestling II vs ‘Cowboy’ Scott Casey

{We then cut to some pre-taped interviews from competitors coming in…}

martel_zpse8bd00ae.jpg

Rick Martel: I want to first off thanks Bill Watts and the Mid South board of directors for bringing me in to the Superdome. I know that wrestling for Mid South brings a lot of honor and tradition. That’s exactly what this championship means to me and that’s exactly the opposite of Don Muraco. You wanted to come out and call me out last week, well Donny Boy… the question has been answered and the date has been set! September the 24th, live from New Orleans, the Superdome is going to be rocking and rolling and Rick Martel is coming for a fight… and fight you will not be ready for. YEAH!

bth_ScottCasey_zps3c2fad7d.jpg

Scott Casey: You know I woke up to a letter in the mail from Bill Watts and Mid South Wrestling saying they wanted to showcase Scott Casey against the best in the world. They sent me a contract for the Superdome and on the dotted line I saw another name… Mr. Wrestling II. HA! Bill Watts… you have got to be kidding me! Wrestling II is nothing but a masked fool! Everyone in the Mid South area knows it and he’s going to find out the hard way! There is only one Cowboy in wrassling and it is Scott Casey and Wrestling II… you don’t just need to worry about winning and losing the match… I am going to take your mask… your dignity… and any ounce of legend you think you have left in this business!

Jim: Look at some of those matches Bill.

Bill: Well you look at that big one with Muraco and Martel. He asked for it and now he gets it in 1 week. This could be huge if Muraco walked out with the Canadian Championship… he’d be going for two titles then!

Jim: I am especially interested in the ThunderBolt Patterson vs Sheik contest. These two men haven’t had very many interactions, but ThunderBolt has called him out for his allegiance with Ted Dibiase and his attacks on the Junkyard Dog.

Bill: Well the JYD has got a lot of friends in Mid South and ThunderBolt knows when someone is doing something the right way or not. It is going to be a fun contest to watch.

Jim: I completely agree… that Scotty Casey can sure run his mouth…

Bill: You are telling me. That guy is going to find out the hard way that Mr. Wrestling II is going to be coming to the Superdome and he’s going to be coming with a house of fire brother.

Jim: You know that’s right. Fans our next contest features the hottest feud in Mid south… we’ve got tag team action, let’s head to the ring!

The Junkyard Dog & Bruiser Brody vs the Sheik & Abdullah the Butcher

{Here we go as Boyd Pierce can’t even get the introductions done as JYD and Brody come right down and we’ve got a fight on our hands! JYD has got a bandage over his head from the various attacks from the Sheik and Abdullah. This one is a nice 10-minute war. All four men get involved but the action gets out of hand and then we see Ted Dibiase come out. JYD steps down from the ring. Brody joins him as Dibiase talks to him men… fans we’ll be right back!}

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim: Fans thank you for joining us. Lemme tell you, during the commercial break, business just picked up. Bill Watts has left the announcer’s table and he’s talking to PeeWee Anderson… wait just a moment. Stan Hansen came out here during the break, he was supposed to be in a match with Dibiase in our main event… Cowboy what’s going on here?

Bill: I just spoke to PeeWee Anderson and then I talked to Stan Hansen. He said he wanted it… then I told Dibiase… this is a six-man tag!

Jim: Fans anything can happen here on Mid South… let’s go to the ring!

SIX-MAN TAG

Junkyard Dog, Bruiser Brody, & Stan Hansen vs Ted Dibiase, Abdullah the Butcher, & The Sheik

{We have got a huge six-man brawl now and the fans are just going WILD! We get a couple moments of wrestling but as soon as Hansen grabs Dibiase’s arm and drargs him over to the JYD, the roof explodes! JYD with some big rights and lefts and a huge back body drop! Dibiase is in pain as he goes to the corner but JYD pulls him back out to the middle of the ring. Abby and the Sheik run in and attack the JYD as Brody and Hansen come in and all hell has broken loose! Brody and Hansen take Abby and Sheik outside the ring but then we see things turned up a notch. The Grand Wizard is shown waving his arms and here comes Afa and Sika! They run down and attack Brody and Hansen! OH MY! Here comes Muraco to join the fight and the fans are electric right now as Abby and Sheik get back in the ring and they are going to work on the JYD! He is getting beat down in the middle of the ring but the crowd pops again as Wrestling II and ThunderBolt run down. We have got pure chaos inside the arena right now. Bill Watts and Jim Ross are putting this through the roof and say we are one week away from the Superdome and the fight for Mid South in which one man will remain. Will it be Dibiase or JYD?!?}

A56LbTl.png?1

9/17 Mid South Wrestling Live from the River City Arena in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Steve O & El Bracero defeated Jerry Brown & Mad Dog Boyd

Tiger Chung Lee defeated Don Kent

Mr. Wrestling II & Don Muraco went to a double DQ

The Fantastics defeated The German Destroyers

The Sheik defeated ThunderBolt Patterson

MAIN EVENT

SIX-MAN TAG - 2/3 FALLS

Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, & The Junkyard Dog defeated Ted Dibiase & The Wild Samoans

9/18 Mid South Wrestling Live from the Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana

Burrhead Jones & Sweet Daddy Siki defeated the German Destroyers

Tommy Rogers defeated Tiger Chung Lee

Afa defeated Bobby Fulton

Mr. Wrestling II defeated Sika

Don Muraco defeated ThunderBolt Patterson

MAIN EVENT

BATTLE ROYAL

Ted Dibiase won a battle royal by last defeating the Junkyard Dog

9/21 Mid South Wrestling television taping from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Join Mid South Wrestling this Saturday night on WGNO for the hottest wrestling action in the country!

Check out some the premiere midget wrestling action when NWA MINI CHAMPION LITTLE TOKYO takes on TIGER JACKSON!

In a preview contest before the SUPERDOME EXTRAVEGANZA, STAN HANSEN takes on WILD SAMOAN AFA!

THE TONGA KID makes his return to Mid South as he takes on TIGER CHUNG LEE!

The Main Event sees a giant SIX-MAN TAG with TED DIBIASE, THE SHEIK, & DON MURACO taking on THE JUNKYARD DOG, BRUISER BRODY, & THUNDERBOLT PATTERSON in either the JUNKYARD DOG or TED DIBIASE'S LAST MATCH ON MID SOUTH TELEVISION!

Plus, Bill Watts runs down the final card for the SUPERDOME EXTRAVENGANZA on Saturday September 24th!

"COWBOY" SCOTT CASEY & NWA CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION RICK MARTEL also share their thoughts on their big matches in the SUPERDOME!

A56LbTl.png?1

9/22 Mid South Wrestling Live from the Civic Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma

The German Destroyers defeated Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones

Tiger Chung Lee defeated El Bracero

Don Muraco defeated ThunderBolt Patterson

The Fantastics defeated the Wild Samoans via DQ when the Grand Wizard interferred

2/3 FALLS

Ted Dibiase defeated Mr. Wrestling II

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog defeated Abdullah the Butcher in a lights out match. Abdullah couldn’t answer the 10-count when JYD knocked him out with the dog chain!

9/23 Mid South Wrestling Live from the Civic Center in Little Rock, Arkansas

DOUBLE CHANCE CARNAGE

Sweet Daddy Siki & ThunderBolt Patterson defeated Israel Matia & Jerry Brown

Ted Dibiase & Mr. Wrestling II defeated Pete Sanchez & Don Kent

Baron Von Raschke & Sika defeated Mark Savage & Afa

Don Muraco & Bobby Fulton defeated Mad Dog Boyd & Kurt Von Hess

Robert Reed & Tiger Chung Lee defeated Tommy Rogers & Raul Castro

El Bracero & The Junkyard Dog defeated Mike Reed & Burrhead Jones

DOUBLE CHANCE BATTLE ROYAL

Ted Dibiase won the Double Chance Battle Royal by last eliminating the Junkyard Dog when Don Muraco distracted the JYD!

logo.jpg

WGNO-logo-e1405349521418.png

Mid South Wrestling from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

{Mid South Wrestling opens to a nice little package showcasing some of the big stars of Mid South. We then cut to Jim Ross and Bill Watts at ringside!}

BWand_JR.png

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside Cowboy Bill Watts and fans we have got a huge night of action. Bill, when fans see this broadcast, a few short hours later, we will be coming to them from the SuperDome and lemme tell ya, that card is going to be something special!

Bill Watts: I have helped put together a number of Superdome cards Jim Ross, but never before have I seen anything like this.

Jim: Fans lets run down the card for you real quick and talk about what we have in store for you here tonight.

MAIN EVENT

Bill: Jim lemme tell ya, we still have some time and you know anything could happen, but tonight we will find out who will be staying around Mid South and who will be leaving.

Jim: Will it be the Junkyard Dog or will it be Ted Dibiase? Tonight we are going to find out. Fans tonight we’ve got four great matches signed and we will hear from Scott Casey, Mr. Wrestling II, NWA Canadian Champion Rick Martel and the Fantastics all on their encounters this evening, right now though it is time to head to the ring!

Tiger Jackson vs Little Tokyo

{A pretty good showcase for Little Tokyo. Ross and Watts put over the NWA Mini World Title contest against Cowboy Lang for Tokyo who is pretty ruthless in the ring. He finishes off Jackson with a nasty brainbuster type suplex for the 1…2…3! He holds up the NWA Mini Title as Ross and Watts say he will have to do a little more tonight if he wants to keep the gold. We then cut to a taped interview from Wrestling II and Scott Casey}

bth_ScottCasey_zps3c2fad7d.jpg

Scott Casey: Well tonight is the night there Mr. Wrestling II. I always thought that was the stupidest name in wrestling. I look around at the guys you’ve wrestled in Mid South and I just laugh. You have never been in the ring with someone as tough as myself and you’re going to find that out the hard way tonight. I am letting you know right now, the door is open, you can walk your yellow belly right back from where you came because there’s no way you are coming out of this match with that mask!

MrWrestlingII.jpg

Mr. Wrestling II: Lemme tell you something Scott Casey. I have had to sit back and listen to what you say and it couldn’t make me sicker. You are a man with no respect and I guess I am the one who is going to have to make you understand how things happen here in Mid South. Now you want to take this mask… (Wrestling II rips it off ala Mil Mascaras to have another one on…) you can have it. I have got a mask for everyday of the week and come tonight, I am going to leave you with a mask. A mask of crimson.

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South Wrestling returns with Jim Ross and Bill Watts joined by The Grand Wizard, Don Muraco, and the Wild Samoans…}

Jim: Thank you for joining us gentlemen. I must say, you look awful excited about your match against Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody tonight.

Grand Wizard: Ross… I couldn’t be happier! You see… right here… I have the two most dangerous, two most vicious, and two craziest wrestlers in the world. On top of that… they have the tag team titles… and I control them! Then right here… I have got the future Mid South Television Champion… the Magnificent One… Don Muraco!

Bill: Well he’s going to have to do a little bit more. He’s behind by 10 points in my book right now on Wrestling II.

Don Muraco: You listen to me Watts. You can take those points and shove it… when I face Wrestling II… I am going to put him down and then I am going to raise up that title!

Bill: Well you are going to have to do something, because he is gunning for you!

Grand Wizard: That’s what you think Watts. You see Don Muraco is not worried about Wrestling II… you see tonight he has got a chance to win his first of TWO TITLES! Rick Martel… you have made a LONG trip to New Orleans but it is going to be an even longer trip back!

Muraco: Yeah Martel… perhaps baggage claim will be easier… you won’t have to check in that title. HAHA!

Grand Wizard: Bill Watts… you always try to find these competitors to come in and fight those who don’t follow your rules… well Rick Martel is someone who is going to find out the hard way that you don’t mess with the Magnificent One!

Bill: Well you may feel that way, but I know for a fact that he feels differently… in fact… hear it from him!

martel_zpse8bd00ae.jpg

Rick Martel: All week I have had to listen to people tell me about what a dirty, rotten, piece of garbage you are Don Muraco! I cannot tell you the disdain I have for how you have talked and the things you’ve said about me. When I come to the Superdome, I am coming to defend this NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship. This is one of the most prestigious championships in all of wrestling and you… you don’t deserve it nor do you deserve a shot by the way you’ve acted. But I am more than willing to put it all on the line and there is no way you will come out the winner because you are a LOSER!

Grand Wizard: HAHA! This goof really things he has what it takes to beat the Magnificent One? I cannot wait to see the look on his face and all the faces of all the goofs out there watching. Then… when Muraco brings that title back to me, we are going to put it right next to the Mid South Tag Team Championships and Watts… you can bring in whomever you want but none of them can hold a candle to my Samoans!

Bill: Well we’re going to get a little preview of that right now aren’t we!?

Stan Hansen vs Afa w/ The Grand Wizard

{A very explosive contest from the get go. We know that Brody and Sika are here but they were ushered back by security. These guys go about 6-minutes and no one is pulling anything back. There are some STIFF shots. The Grand Wizard tries to get control of Afa but he is in his own world with Hansen. They take the fight outside the ring and Afa throws him into the ringpost. Hansen hit hard as Watt and Ross put over a possible change in the momentum. Afa then runs but Hansen moves and he cracks his head off the ringpost! Hansen pulls that elbow pad up and runs at the post but Afa moves and Hansen destroys his arm off the ringpost! The referee counts to 10 as the bell rings! Hansen is down as Sika runs back out and he and Afa are going right after that shoulder! The crowd erupts when Brody runs out as the Samoans back off. Grand Wizard is all smiles and there’s no telling what will happen here. Will Hansen be able to go at the Superdome?}

*COMMERCIAL*

{Mid South Wrestling returns with a nice little promo from the Fantastics as it shows them trying on new suits to “Sharp Dressed Man.” They put over their match tonight with the German Destroyers and say that they may be dressed nice, but tonight, they are coming for a fight!}

Jim: Fans we are back and we can tell you that Stan Hansen has been taken to the hospital. We are unsure of his condition.

Bill: Well he hit that post about as hard as I have ever seen. We know how dangerous that Lariat can be but with his arm in that condition, there’s no telling what could happen.

Jim: Fans we will try to update you when we can. Bill we saw a little bit from the Fantastics there… tonight they take on the Destroyers… what could a victory mean for either of these teams?

Bill: I think it is pretty clear that the winner of this contest could be next in line for a tag team title shot. But who knows who the champions will be?

Jim: I have to agree there. I am looking forward to that contest tonight. Another contest I am looking forward too is this next one. Fans the Tonga Kid is coming in from the Carolinas, he has got a ton of talent but tonight he takes on Tiger Chung Lee… let’s head to the ring!

Tonga Kid vs Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

{Tiger Chung Lee doesn’t seem impressed with the Tonga Kid but these two go right after one another and it seems as though Tiger has got a score to be settled. Tojo is outside the ring riling up the crowd and Tonga is taking a moment to get things going but once he does the pace is turned up. Tonga is flying all around the ring with some big strikes and a pair of huge dropkicks. Tonga then goes for a flying headbutt but Tiger Chung Lee with a mafia kick right in the throat! Tonga goes down hard but Tiger is hurting too. He stumbles for a moment and he is looking to do something else as he picks up Tonga but Kid comes from behind and pulls him over with a backslide for the 1….2….3!! Tonga has won it and he rolls out of the ring! The crowd goes apeshit! Tonga is holding his throat but Tiger is looking for revenge!}

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim: Fans we are back… Tojo Yammamota, what in the world is going on here?

Tojo: This is tragedy. This is garbage. We want him again!

Bill: Listen pal, your boy lost… plain and simple!

Tojo: Oh you Mr. Watts… you bring in all comers for my Tiger Chung Lee. You bring Tonga to Superdome…we will make sure he does not come out alive!

Bill: I will run it by him… but I am guessing he’ll be there!

{Tojo and Tiger back off as Watts and Ross put it over.}

Jim: Fans I don’t think we need to explain how important this contest is tonight with the Junkyard Dog and Ted Dibiase. Tonight the North American Title is on the line. Tonight the loser must leave Mid South. And tonight, both men are going to be locked together by a Dog Collar!

Bill: There is so much, but people gotta understand. Thee two men have such an issue being around one another. We’ve seen Dibiase go to so many lengths to try and beat the Dog. Tonight he’ll have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide!

Jim: Fans we know both men will stop at nothing, but they have to make it to the Superdome first… right now they are in six-man action… let’s go to the ring!

MAIN EVENT

Junkyard Dog, Bruiser Brody, & ThunderBolt Patterson vs Ted Dibiase, The Sheik, & Don Muraco

{What a main event. We have got so many intertwining stories going into this one. We get a fun start with Muraco and Brody. It then turns a little more vicious with Sheik and ThunderBolt. Watts and Ross put over how these two guys had a skirmish backstage tonight when they arrive and look forward to that battle tonight. Watts then announces that the Tonga Kid is going to face Tiger Chung Lee tonight. The crowd then explodes as the JYD and Dibiase get their hands on one another. These two guys are throwing some huge rights and lefts and the fans oooh and aaah with each shot. Dibiase is quick to get out as television time is running down. We have got just moments left. Brody with a huge kick on the Sheik sending him out of the ring to the floor. ThunderBolt them comes out and we’ve got some stiff shots. Inside the ring Dibiase runs with a cross body but JYD catches him and they go through the ropes. Brody then catches Muraco with a BODYSLAM and he runs for the flying knee drop!! The bell rings though as Pee Wee Anderson watches Dibiase CRACK JYD with a chair outside the ring! Brody had Muraco pinned inside the ring! Dibiase gets on top of JYD and he is busting him in the skull with right hands! Brody and Patterson attempt to check on him. Fans it is going to go down tonight in the SuperDome… who will survive… will it be DIBIASE OR THE JYD!?!?}

9/24 Mid South Wrestling Presents: SUPERDOME EXTRAVAGANZA 1!

The Tonga Kid vs Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo

{A great opening contest with Tonga and Tiger picking right up where they left off earlier tonight on television. This one goes about 12-minutes with Tiger controlling the contest and Tiger fighting back with some big offense. Tonga is able to turn the tide and he comes with some high flying offense that sends Tiger backing up. Tonga goes for a big high cross body but Tiger catches him and POWERSLAM for a nearfall as Tonga was close to the ropes. Tiger then works over the shoulder and goes for a SHOULDER BREAKER! Again a close two count and Tonga Kid is finding something down deep. Tiger is getting worried as Tojo gives him something. It looks like SALT! Tojo grabs the referee. Tiger goes to toss that SALT but Tonga kicks his hand up and Tiger is blinded himself! Tonga shakes out the cobwebs and then he goes up top! Tiger turns around and HIGH CROSS BODY for the 1….2…3! Tonga has won it! The crowd pops and Tonga once again with a big victory!}

{One wouldn’t have thought it, but Scott Casey has got some real heat coming in to this one. He is working the crowd from the moment he steps out of the entryway. Wrestling II is such a legendary figure here and the Superdome crowd loves him. This is a weird 9-minute affair. Wrestling II tries to keep it a wrestling match but Scott Casey has got other plans. He spends a majority of the match trying to rip off the mask and reveal Wrestling II. He is hammering with rights and lefts on the skull and doing anything he can to rip off the mask. Scott Casey is able to reverse a high knee and he then hits a BULLDOG on Wrestling II! He could go for the cover but Casey is gloating. He walks over and picks up Wrestling II….he hammers with some rights and then he goes and unties the mask and rips it off! OMG! He holds the mask up but Wrestling II HAS ANOTHER ONE ON! Wrestling II hits the ropes and then a big HIGH KNEE and Casey goes down for the 1….2…3!! Wrestling II has won it and the crowd explodes. He steps out of the ring and shakes off the fight. Casey is irate and he wants more!}

{A great little tag team encounter here. This one is nothing too crazy, just a nice 11-minute contest. The Germans start off strong. We see the Fantastics work some quick offense and make some fast tags. It is the Baron who controls the tide and the Germans slow it down one more time. They work over Fulton something awful but he makes a huge tag to Tommy Rogers who has got a rocket strapped to his back. Some big time strikes and he nails a double high cross body. The Germans are backing up as Fulton and Rogers get together for a pair of double dropkicks and the Baron goes flying out of the ring to the floor! Von Hess runs with a clothesline but they duck and they come back with a huge double monkey flip! Rogers sets…. Fulton lines up and ROCKET LAUNCHER for the 1….2…3! Bobby and Tommy work the crowd as there are big things lined up for these two youngsters.}

{These two guys bring a whole new level of hatred to the ring tonight. This is a wild brawl to start and ThunderBolt is holding right there with the Sheik. Sheik continues to try and take things outside the ring and brawl but ThunderBolt has control. The contest goes a fast 12-minutes. Sheik gets busted open outside the ring but he continues to go after Patterson. ThunderBolt looks to finish and goes for the Spinebuster but Sheik has something in his hand and he CRACKS Patterson. ThunderBolt goes down hard. He turns him over and locks in the camel clutch! Thunderbolt is out of it right now. He can’t answer the referee and the Sheik has won it! He has to get out of the ring with his life because the crowd looks like they are ready to swarm! Security escorts him back as he is littered with debris!}

{Our first of four title matches in a row tonight. Lang has got a great following here. We get some fun comedy with these two in the beginning but this is a showcase of their abilities and they are in prime form. These guys go for around 14-minutes nd really give it everything they’ve got. The fans get a little bit restless but Tokyo and Lang pick up the pace and wow the crowd. Lang is looking to finish with a big suplex but Tokyo jumps over his back and then grabs him for a small package and a 1…2…3! Tokyo grabs the belt and he holds it up. Lang is looking for revenge as they run around the ring and then to the back!}

{This is one of the biggest events on the card. The Tag Team Titles are on the line and the fans are just building and building. Stan Hansen has got a lot of tape on that left arm. Brody has to do a majority of the work and there’s nothing wrong with it. This one has two parts. The first being a tag team encounter with both teams working well enough. The second part of this contest sees ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE! The Grand Wizard loses control of his men and they are brawling with the best brawlers in the game! Brody and Hansen almost seem outmatched due to Hansen’s injury… but Hansen is as tough as they come and he comes out with a blind fury and lemme tell ya, it is something to behold. Brody stands back and watches Hansen’s adrenaline push him over the top and he controls the contest. Afa comes with a clothesline but Hansen ducks and he comes with a LARIAT and Afa goes out of the ring to the floor! Sika runs for a double axe-handle but Hansen moves and he nails a LARIAT on Sika! Brody runs and FLYING KNEE DROP! 1….2….3! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! Brody and Hansen have WON IT! The crowd is going NUTS! They get the belts and hold them high in the air!}

{The Grand Wizard is physically flustered from that previous contest. This one is one of the longer contests of the night as these guys go 20 solid minutes. Muraco is gassed at the end but he pulls something out of his heart to put together a great contest with Martel. The fans aren’t too aware of Martel but he is going against one of the most hated men in Mid South right now and they enjoy that. Muraco works the neck and Martel comes back to work the back. Muraco even gets close to finishing the contest with a nice TOMBSTONE but Martel is right by the ropes. Muraco is irate and he’s going nuts on the referee! Martel is slowly getting up and Muraco is caught off guard for a small package and a close two count! Muraco is still shaken and he nails a couple of rights and tosses him to the ropes and goes for a dropkick but Martel blocks it, he grabs the legs and BOSTON CRAB! He has it locked in right in the middle of the ring and Muraco has no choice but to give it up! Martel is the winner and he retains the NWA Canadian Championship.}

MAIN EVENT

{It all comes down to this. Huge entrances from both men and you can cut the tension with a knife right now. Bill Watts is ringside, as is a slew of security. Dibiase is doing everything he can to not get locked up in that chain and when he tries to run Watts stops him and then the JYD gets him from behind and locks him up. Violent is the best way to describe this one. Early on, Dibiase gets busted WIDE open and he is in a bad way early on. JYD continues to hammer away but a LOW BLOW turns the tide! It makes the fans mad but it is all legal. Dibiase then goes into a series and he works over the JYD with the chain and the Dog is busted wide open. There is blood all over the ring and these two guys leave everything they’ve got in the ring. Dibiase gets a couple of near falls but the Dog is feeling it. JYD fights back with a couple of HUGE strikes and he regain control. He is looking to finish but Dibiase with a nasty chain shot and JYD goes down. Dibiase then reaches into the tights and he pulls out the glove. He has got the loaded glove on his hand and he goes down and pounds at the Dog’s face! Dibiase spends a moment too long as he is yelling at Watts. Dibiase says it is time to finish it and he picks up JYD and goes for a big right hand but JYD ducks and then an ATOMIC DROP! JYD grabs the hand and rips off that glove… he puts it on and he CRACKS DIBIASE! JYD takes off the glove and throws it out into the crowd! The fans are going nuts! You can feel it right now… the SUPERDOME IS SHAKING! The blood is flowing and JYD picks up Dibiase and hoists him up… he circles the ring and then nails the THUMP! The crowd counts along for the 1…..2….3!!! THE JYD HAS WON IT! THE JYD IS THE NEW NORTH AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! TED DIBIASE MUST LEAVE MID SOUTH! THE SUPERDOME ERUPTS! Watts grabs the title and steps into the ring and gives it to the JYD! Here comes Brody, the Fantastics, and Wrestling II. They are celebrating with the JYD in the ring as he is hoisted up with the belt! The fans are screaming for the JYD as Dibiase is being carried to the back by the referee. He is a bloody mess! JYD puts the belt around his waist and the fans erupt one more time!}

Very strong show. MACW represents with Tonga Kid looking strong and Casey being a great heel going after the mask. Lots of big time matches with the Fantastics getting a strong victory and the nigh-unstoppable Brody and Hansen as your new tag champs. Another big deal match with Martel over Muraco and an awesome main event. I can't imagine what you have planned, even factoring in WWF, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

9/25 Mid South Wrestling Live from the St. Bernard Cultural Center in Chalmett, Louisiana

El Bracero defeated Mark Savage

Sweet Daddy Siki & ThunderBolt Patterson defeated The German Destroyers

Mr. Wrestling II & Tiger Chung Lee fought to a double DQ

The Wild Samoans defeated The Fantastics

Stan Hansen defeated Don Muraco

MID SOUTH NORTH AMERICAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

The Junkyard Dog © defeated The Sheik

9/28 Mid South Wrestling television taping from the Irish McNeil Boy's Club in Shreveport, Lousiana

Watch a SIX-MAN EXTRAVEGANZA when The Tonga Kid, Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones take on Tiger Chung Lee & The German Destroyers!

Two big singles matches as ThunderBolt Patterson takes on Raul Castro and El Bracero takes on The Magnificent Muraco!

IN THE MAIN EVENT THE TAG TEAM TITLES are on the line when Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen defend against The Sheik & Abdullah The Butcher!

Plus The Junkyard Dog will address the crowd and find out if Ted Dibiase will adhere to his stipulation to leave Mid South Wrestling!

9/29 Mid South Wrestling Live from The Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi

Sika defeated Tommy Rogers

The Sheik defeated El Bracero

Afa defeated Bobby Fulton

The Tonga Kid defeated Tiger Chung Lee

Don Muraco w/ the Grand Wizard defeated ThunderBolt Patterson

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen defeated The German Destroyers by DQ when the Shiek interfered!

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog defeated Abdullah the Butcher

9/30 Mid South Wrestling Live from The Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, Texas

El Bracero defeated Don Kent

The German Destroyers defeated Sweet Daddy Siki & Burrhead Jones

The Fantastics defeated The Wild Samoans via DQ when the Samoans went into business for themselves and took to weapons and throwing the Fantastics into the crowd!

Tiger Chung Lee w/ Tojo defeated Don Muraco via count out @ 9:43 when Muraco tried to get back in the ring but Tojo grabbed his foot and he couldn’t make the 10 count!

Tiger Chung Lee received 15 points for the tournament

Mr. Wrestling II and ThunderBolt Patterson went to a 20-minute draw.

Both Wrestling II and ThunderBolt Patterson received 5 points for the tournament.

TEXAS DEATH MATCH

Stan Hansen defeated The Sheik when he couldn’t make the 10 count. Hansen attempted to hang Sheik with the bull rope but finished him off with a Lariat on the cement floor!

MAIN EVENT

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE

The Junkyard Dog defeated Dick Slater in a bloody 15-minute war. Slater was a surprise for the contest as it was announced that Ted Dibiase had hired someone to come in and take the title and hurt JYD.