Pro Wrestling Only

Memphis: CWA WRESTLING

kevinmcfl

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well written show. You have a good handle on Memphis with the usual suspect personalities and such.

JYD being able to manhandle Big Red Reese would have been something to see. Not sure that it could actually happen like that but you never know.

Your Andersons might be a little past their due date but I imagine with their wrestling style against the Express could work a decent feud. At least one that would be convincing for a short time.

The Ladd stuff is a truly cringe-worthy thing. In the context of today, that would truly be hard to sit through and watch. Hell, in 1983 that might be tough to watch..

Good first few weeks here in Memphis, Im a massive Memphis mark and you have the feel of the territory down to a tee. Im interested in the little sister promotion, ive found that although it doesnt really add much to the game its always nice to have a low rent indy show to book and have some fun with. Now with Butch Reed along with Austin Idol (If he turns) you have a real back bone of heels for Lawler which im really looking forward too...

You and I have discussed the inclusion of the JYD to Memphis and it has gone off without a hitch. He is a perfect fit to build up the identity of a promotion and give you that extra boost to get things kickstarted in the early days of your Memphis run. Add in the likes of Butch Reed and you have sprinkles on an already tasty treat that I personally like checking out week in and week out. Jerry Lawler is still the King... but I think there are a lot more knights moving up around the throne and the battle for Memphis is going to be one that very few will be able to handle. Keep things consistent and without a doubt, you will continue to shine around here.

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361Continental Wrestling Association

10/29/1983

MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

FEED RECEIVED IN WESTERN TENNESSEE, NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI

EASTERN ARKANSAS, SOUTHEAST MISSOURI AND PARTS OF INDIANA

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here again for CWA Wrestling in Memphis, TN. Our first segment as always will be “This Week in the CWA” Dave take it away.

Dave Brown: Well thank you Lance and great to be with you and all the wonderful wrestling fans here in the CWA. Let me get all the fans caught up on all the action from this past week.

· Well it was a relatively quiet week here in the CWA as all roads lead to Halloween Night at the Mid-South Coliseum but there were a few major events. First, the AWA has announced that whoever is the AWA Southern Tag Team Champions on November 7th will get a shot at the AWA Tag Team Titles right here in the Memphis. Just as we are unsure of who the Southern Tag Champs are right now, the AWA Tag Championship is also up in the air as the Road Warriors will have a major match with the Wild Bills.

· In a rather strange turn of events, King Cobra turned on his tag team partner Tony Anthony. This occurred last Sunday in Jonesboro, Arkansas as Cobra and Anthony took on newcomers, Moondog Moretti and Hacksaw Higgans. The match started without Tony Anthony who claimed car trouble for his lateness. Moretti and Higgans had their way with Cobra. After Higgans nailed him with a Powerbomb followed by a leg drop, he covered King Cobra. As the ref made the count, Tony Anthony charged the ring but got there too late. Higgans got the 3 count. Tony tried to help his partner up but Cobra wanted nothing off it. After hearing enough of Tony’s pleading, King Cobra turned and sucker punched his partner. He proceeded to beat him until Len Denton rushed to the ring to protect Tony Anthony.

· MATCH OF THE WEEK: In last week’s main event at the Mid-South Coliseum, Hacksaw Reed and Ernie Ladd beat Jerry “The King” Lawler and Junk Yard Dog when Reed caught Lawler in a Gorilla Press Slam as JYD and Ladd battled on the outside of the ring.

· WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: “Hacksaw” Butch Reed had a special week. Not only did he and Ladd defeat JYD and Lawler but he also had a victory over Superstar Graham in Evansville and a victory over Austin Idol in Nashville.

· TITLE MATCHES:

Mississippi Valley Tag Title Match: Champions Hacksaw Higgans and Moondog Moretti defeated King Cobra and Tony Anthony

· Successful Debuts:

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Lars and Gene Anderson, defeated TNT, Adias and Gilbert in Johnson City TN when Gene Anderson nearly tore Gilbert’s arm from its socket.

The Golden Grahams, Mike Graham and Luke Graham each had victories in their first singles competition here in CWA. Mike Graham had a huge win over King Cobra and Luke Graham defeated Randy Barber. Both matches were in Caruthersville, Missouri.

Tommy Lane started his young career in CWA by going 2-0 with victories over Scotty Ferris and Buck Zumhoffe.

Lance Russell: Well thanks for that report Dave. And what do we have in store for the great fans here today?

Dave Brown: "Well, Lance, 5 big matches today. First it will be Hacksaw Reed vs Scott Ferris. In our second match, Mike Graham vs Randy Barber. Next we have The House of Humperdink and Jesse Barr taking on Brian Adias. Our last two matches will be the semifinals for the CWA Television Title Tournament. In one semi-final, it will be Lars Anderson and King Cobra and in the other semi-final Austin Idol takes on Big Red Reese. We will also hear from the Ernie Ladd, Sir Oliver Humperdink and The Southern Heavyweight Champion, Jerry Lawler.

Lance Russell: “Wow Dave what a show we have tonight. We will get right to the action after this commercial break.”

>> Lance Russell runs down the upcoming schedule for the CWA!

October 29: Lexington, Kentucky at Rupp Arena

October 30: Forest City, Arkansas at the National Guard Armory

October 31: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

November 1: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

November 2: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

November 3: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

November 4: Oxford, MS at the “Tadd” Smith Coliseum

Rundown of Matches for Halloween Night at the Mid-South Coliseum

· The Commonwealth vs TNT

· MISSISSIPPI VALLEY TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

The Golden Grahams vs Hacksaw Higgans and Moondog Moretti

· Tony Anthony vs King Cobra

· TV TITLE FINALS: Wrestlers to be determined tonight

· NWA MID-AMERICAN TITLE TOURNAMENT:

Austin Idol, Hacksaw Reed, Superstar Graham and Plowboy Frazier

· AWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE: Rock N Roll Express vs Bruise Brothers

· AWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Steel Cage/No Time Limit

Jerry “The King” Lawler vs Ernie “The King” Ladd

WINNER ALSO CLAIMS THE TITLE OF THE KING OF CWA WRESTLING

Lance Russell: "We're back and let’s get right to the ring! Take it away Dave.

Dave Brown: Ok Lance, here we go. Already in the ring and getting ready for action is Tommy Gilbert. His opponent, weighing 262 pounds from Kansas City, Missouri, wearing the yellow and red tights and headband is none other than “Hacksaw” Butch Reed. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

MATCH #1: HACKSAW BUTCH REED VS Sweet Daddy O

This is a total squash match as Reed just pummels Gilbert from beginning to end. From a backbreaker to a short armed clothesline to a double underhook suplex, this match is over before it starts. Even though Sweet Daddy O is basically out on his feet, it doesn’t stop Reed from using his signature finisher. The Gorilla Press! That’s all she wrote. Reed by pinfall in 3:23.

Lance Russell: Well, I must say, Hacksaw that was impressive!

Hacksaw Reed: Of course it was Russell! I am unstoppable. Everything this organization puts in front on me will get destroyed. Look at what I have done to the likes of Lawler, Idol and Graham in just a short period of time. Ernie Ladd called me to help clean up this racist culture in Memphis and Black Power is rising.

Hacksaw Reed: And don’t let me forget that weasel Junk Yard Dog! You are sticking your nose where it don’t belong! Anytime anyplace Dog! My Gorilla Slam works best on Uncle Tom’s like you. Just ask that sorry case for a Black man that just wrestled me. That’s right boys, get the STRETCHER for SWEET MOMMY O!

Lance Russell: Well that’s enough! It is one thing to defeat another man but to try and hurt him is another.

Ernie Ladd: Well I will once again put you and the rest of these clueless white folks in your place. For centuries, the people of this area have been hurting the black man. It is now time for a little reversal of fortunes. Anyone, white or black who gets in the way of the Army will go down. Monday, Halloween Night in the Mid-South Coliseum, I will take out Jerry Lawler once and for all! I will own his white behind in that steel cage. I am going to get even for 300 years of oppression and when we am done, Hacksaw Reed will be the new Mid-American Champion and I will be the Southern Heavyweight Champion. There is nothing that snake in the grass Jarrett or anyone else here can do about it!

Lance Russell: Well, we will just have to wait and see. It is going to be a very interesting night of wrestling this Monday night.

Ernie Ladd: We will not have to wait until Monday. The Army always has a plan. We have a little surprise for you dummies here tonight. Just wait and see as the plan starts to come together. And one last thing! I am sick and tired of that Junk Yard Dog interfering in what is right for the black folk of Memphis. He has no clue but keeps sticking his nose in my business. Fair warning Dog, get out of the way. We have no time for Uncle you and you are about to get hurt real bad!

Lance Russell: Well Mr. Ladd, are you going to keep us in suspense again this week or will you give us a hint at your surprise?

Ernie Ladd: You people are so stupid a hint would only confuse you. All you have to do is listen to me and it all eventually comes to fruition. If you had any brains at all, you would already have figured it out.

Lance Russell: Well Dave, let’s get right to our second match.

Dave Brown: Ladies and Gentleman, making his first appearance in CWA Wrestling, from Tampa, Florida, Mike Graham.

Dave Brown: His opponent tonight is Randy Barber.

MATCH 2: MIKE GRAHAM VS RANDY BARBER

The match begins as a real technical match which has Graham one step ahead at all time. Barber tried to change all this as he backed Graham to the corner and threw a wild right hand but it was blocked. Graham agreed to fight fire with fire and returned a few haymakers of his own. After an Irish Whip and a Lou Thez Pres, Ref Jerry Calhoun made the three count. Mike Graham pinned Randy Barber at 5:48.

Lance Russell: Well let me formally welcome you to CWA Wrestling and thank you for stopping Big Red Reese from injuring Superstar last week!

Mike Graham: Well Lance, thank you for the kind words. I have wrestled all over this country and recently have been in the Mississippi Valley. Last week, I had a bad feeling about what was going on, so I came up in case my family needed me.

Lance Russell: Family?

Mike Graham: That’s right Lance, us Grahams stick together. Attack one member of the Golden Graham Clan and you attack all of us.

Lance Russell: Does that mean you are related to Superstar Graham?

Mike Graham: Yes, and the other lunatic out there with me throwing Wild Haymakers was our other cousin, “Wild” Luke Graham.

Luke Graham: That’s right Lance, The Grahams aren’t going to sit back and wait any longer. Ladd’s Army wants a fight? They picked on the wrong family this time. Us Southerners are raised correctly. We are kind and gentle until our honor is questioned. Ladd, Reed, and most importantly, Big Red, run while you can still WALK! We have been fighting together for a long time and nobody does mean and nasty the way Luke Graham does. Mike might be the kinder, better spoken of the Grahams but trust me! As you saw tonight with Randy Barber, cross him once and you are going down.

Superstar Graham: Well now this is a wrestling family. Forget about that Minnesota Wrecking Crew and the Anderson’s. Forget about Ladd and his so called family! Blood is thicker than water and it will be their blood spilled in the streets around Memphis from now on. The Golden Graham Clan is here to fight!

Lance Russell: Well things here in Memphis are really heating up of late. Also folks, remember this strange announcement last week.

JR Foley: Ladies and Gentleman of Memphis, I am JR Foley and I am the leader of the Commonwealth. We are coming to an arena near you very soon as we are waging war on the uneducated and uncultured people of your area! My men will soon lead a movement to try and enlighten the people of the American South.

Lance Russell: This lunatic and The Commonwealth are set to make their CWA debuts in the Mid-South Coliseum on Halloween night. I can’t wait to see what this is all about. We need to take a break.

>

Lance Russell: We are back with Sir Oliver Humperdink who as usual has something to complain about.

Humperdink: That’s right pencil nose. This Monday Night, Halloween Night, there is a wrestling extravaganza at the Mid-South Coliseum. On this card, there are 5 Title Matches. Count them stupid. 5 Title Matches and the CWA has found a way to leave the First Family of Wrestling, The House of Humperdink, out of 4 of them.

Lance Russell: Well if that is your logic, the CWA might keep you out of all 5. Plowboy Frazier will have to win his first round match Monday night just to have a chance at the NWA Mid-American Title.

Humperdink: You must be out of your mind Russell! Plowboy Frazier is unstoppable. He will not only will win the first round match but he will walk out as the new Mid-American Champion. My argument is with the pinheads who are making The Japanese Assassins wit for a title shot while the Rock N Roll Express and The Bruise Brothers just sit and hid from my stable.

Lance Russell: I don’t think they are hiding. In fact they are in the midst of one of the most grueling showdowns I have ever witnessed in CWA Wrestling.

Humperdink: You call that grueling, just wait until Magic Dragon catches one of them with a sliding dropkick into the Japanese Sleeper or Goro nails a powerbomb. It is only a matter of time. Speaking of time, let’s get to the ring as Jesse Barr will show this audience the awesomeness of The House of Humperdink.

Lance Russell: I actually agree with you, let’s get to the ring so you can go away.

MATCH 3: Jesse Barr vs Brian Adias

Brian Adias has been slowly climbing the ratings in both the singles and tag divisions but he might have bitten off more than he can chew here tonight. Barr, the former NWA Mid-American title holder, continues with his new mean streak. Adias is able to match wrestling move for wrestling move with Barr. From side headlock to hammerlock to leg-drop take downs, the match is fast paced and action filled. After a collar and elbow tie up, Barr pushes Adias to the corner and instead of a clean break, Barr catches Adias with an elbow to the top of the head. From here, Barr continues to rough up Adias with very physical moves that includes a scoop slam. Barr picks up Adias and drops him throat first across the top rope and finishes him off with a Running Bulldog! Ref Jerry Calhoun makes the 3 count and Barr gains the victory at 7:21.

Lance Russell: Ladies and Gentlemen, standing to my right, is one of the best tag teams in CWA history. Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson! The Rock N Roll Express.

Robert Gibson: Well thank you Lance for that introduction but we are in the fight of our lives with the Bruise Brothers.

Ricky Morton: That’s right Robert. It’s Game 7. One match for all the marbles. I heard the Bruise Brothers out here last week saying they were going to destroy us. That we had no shot. Calling us little girls. The worst part of all of this is the waiting. We have been waiting for Halloween night for almost 2 weeks now. Those two goons talk a lot of nonsense and

Lance Russell: Well let’s hope that Robert Gibson is ok but Halloween night is only 2 days away. Remember, the team that loses cannot have another title match for a full calendar year. As we go to break, take a look at the latest CWA ratings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 10/29

SINGLES: TAG TEAMS:

1. Jerry The King Lawler 1. The Rock N Roll Express

2. Ernie Ladd 2. The Bruise Brothers

3. “Hacksaw” Butch Reed 3. The Japanese Assassins

4. Austin Idol 4. Hacksaw Higgans and Moondog Moretti

5. Plowboy Frazier 5. Minnesota Wrecking Crew

6. Lars Anderson CWA CHAMPIONS:

7. Superstar Graham 1. Southern Heavyweight Champ: Jerry Lawler

8. Jesse Barr 2. Southern Tag Team Champions: Rock N Roll Express

9. Big Red Reese 3. Mid-American Champion: VACANT

10. Mike Graham 4. CWA TV TITLE: VACANT

5. MS Valley Tag Title: Hacksaw Higgans/Moondog Moretti

>

Dave Brown: Ladies and gentlemen, our next match is the first semifinal in the CWA Television Title Tournament. Already in the ring, from right here in Memphis, TN, King Cobra.

Dave Brown: And making his way to the ring now, ½ of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Lars Anderson.

MATCH 4: Lars Anderson vs King Cobra: Winner to the Finals of the TV Title Tournament

What a great match. King Cobra starts off really quickly catching Lars Anderson with a couple of flying head scissors. He might have thought Anderson was hurt worse than he really was as he tried to set him up for the Cobra Clutch. Anderson used his weight advantage and forces Cobra back into the corner slamming him into the turnbuckle. From here, he begins to wear down the right arm of King Cobra. As he cinches in the armbar it appears that King Cobra is about to submit when out of nowhere comes Ernie Ladd and Hacksaw Reed. They begin to pummel Lars Anderson as Ref Paul Morton calls for the bell. Gene Anderson hits the ring and tries to protect his older brother. With the odds also against him, Gene receives some of the same treatment. King Cobra and Reed hold Gene while Ladd hits him with a Big Boot. Next, Gorilla Slam on Lars. Both Andersons are hit with a Spike Piledriver by Hacksaw Reed. As help comes for the Andersons, King Cobra, Hacksaw Reed and Ernie Ladd raise their arms in symbol of Black Power. Lars Anderson is the winner by DQ but will he be able to wrestle in the finals due to the beating he just received.

Lance Russell: Ernie Ladd, was this the plan you had mentioned earlier?

Ernie Ladd: You finally got somethum right Russell. I told you last week that I made a call for all black wrestlers to join the cause. After Tony Anthony left King Cobra high and dry this past week, King Cobra came to his senses. He realized the white man couldn’t care less about him. He is now down for the cause and the Army is continuing to grow.

Lance Russell: King Cobra? How could you turn against these people? They have been behind you since high school. I mean you are from right here in Memphis.

King Cobra: As I began to think about this, I started to see what Ernie was talking about. I mean this city has roads closed to black people. It has statues honoring the KKK and you would not catch a white person in the neighborhood I grew up in. I mean we were so poor but nobody cared. They just left us to rot while they lived in their huge homes, drove fancy cars and had the best schools. I mean the world I grew up in and the one Jerry Lawler grew up in are only a few miles apart but they are from two different worlds. Ernie is right. We only exist to do their work. I mean I am sick and tired of carrying Tony Anthony is all our matches. He didn’t even have the respect to show up for our tag match last week. I won’t carry his but no more. Black Power!

Lance Russell: Austin Idol better watch his back. He is up next against another of Ladd’s men, Big Red Reese. We will be right back!

>

Dave Brown: Well this Main Event is the second semifinal in the CWA Television Title Tournament. It will be The Universal Heartthrob, Austin Idol vs Big Red Reese.

MATCH 4: BIG RED REESE VS AUSTIN IDOL

Lance Russell: This match will be time limit remaining. If it does not end prior to going off the air, it will continue until we have a winner.

The match is a back and forth match that has Idol doing everything in his power to take the 6’5, 410 monster off his feet but is mostly unsuccessful. Reese overpowers Idol and after a massive bodyslam, he goes for the Holy Ghost Splash. If he nails it, the match is over. He leaps and crashed down! Idol rolls out at the last second and quickly jumps to his feet. He grabs one of Big Red’s tree trunks he calls legs and steps over it. He is going for the Las Vegas Leglock! He’s got it. The Vegas Leg Lock is clamped in and Reese is in agony.

Lance Russell: About 3 minute remains.

Idol still has the Leg Lock clamped on Reese who starts to crawl to the ropes. Ladd approaches the apron and appears like he is going to interfere. Superstar Graham and Hacksaw Reed are going at it on the other side of the ring.

Lance Russell: Just as Reese reaches the ropes, Lawler swings the chair at Ladd. Ladd somehow ducks away at the last second and the chair comes crashing down on the forehead of Reese. Referee Jerry Calhoun immediately calls for the bell as Austin Idol has been disqualified. Ladd, realizing Reese is hurt and he quickly helps him from the ring and the entire Army high-tails it back to the locker room.

Jerry Lawler: I know there is only a few seconds left but Monday, Mid-South Coliseum. Ernie Ladd you BIG DUMMY! You are mine. I am sick and tired of your nonsense. I am going to fight fire with fire. Somehow, someway you are going to pay!

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."

Great way to lead into Halloween, with the Army seemingly thriving despite the best efforts of Lawler, Idol and Lars. Morton and Gibson have their work cut out for them, but they play the underdog role so well. The Grahams appear to be a force for good, but I wonder if they won't overstep their bounds once the Army is defeated and end up on the wrong side of things. I'm guessing I know which Graham will be leading that charge if it happens.

Jeez this is an awesome promotion and some really great work. I mean look at all the cool stuff we get; rankings, recaps, awards, and Butch Reed! Idol, Reed, and Lawler, plus the R&R's as your base is some great, great stuff.

Golden Grahams is hilarious, but works well. Good use of Butch with the Commonwealth too. Interested to see where things go now that Lawler has finally gone over Ladd in a major way. And it's cool to see both the NWA and AWA treated with respect. Overall, I think this would be one of the more fun promotions to follow in real life. You are doing a great job here and I'm happy you've joined with such enthusiasm.

I have to think that Lawler's win is a bit more heelish than expected and the lack of Idol in the aftermath has ominous tidings attached. Ladd can complain about interference with little to no hypocrisy. Not saying it's a bad choice, just an interesting one that sets up different things than expected going in. I like it better than the pat "babyface goes over" result that was expected in a lot of ways.

Thanks for the reviews. I agree a bit heelish by Lawler. Maybe they are just so sick of Ladd they are willing to fight fire with fire. Maybe it is very heelish and that's why no Idol. Maybe Idol is jealous of Lawler. I hope lot's of maybe's is good for wrestling. While I have some good heels, I am short of babyfaces so I really need to think this out. I admire you guys who have promotions so well planned out. I just sit down and write and hope I am creative that night. This will bite me in the ass soon as I get stuck in a corner I can't get out of.

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361

CWA WRESTLING: 11/5/1983: MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here again for CWA Wrestling in Memphis, TN. Let’s get right to our first segment, “This Week in the CWA.” Dave take it away.

Dave Brown: Well thank you Lance and great to be with you and all the wrestling fans here in the CWA. Let me get all the fans caught up on all the action from this past week.

· MATCH OF THE WEEK: In last week’s main event at the Mid-South Coliseum, Jerry Lawler defeated Ernie Ladd in a steel cage. This AWA Southern Title defense also gave Jerry Lawler the title of “King if CWA.” It was a strange ending as JYD come out from under the ring to attack Ernie Ladd.

· WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: The wrestler of the week is actually a tag team. Congratulations to the Rock N Roll Express as they came back from a 3-0 deficit to win their “World Series” match against The Bruise Brothers. Next up for our champions is an AWA World Title Match against The Road Warriors on November 7th in the Mid-South Coliseum

· Successful Debuts:

The Commonwealth, Butch Miller and Lumberjack Pierre (Igor Volkoff) accompanied by JR Foley defeated TNT at the Halloween Spectacular this past Monday night. This team is set to cause havoc in the tag team ranks.

Lance Russell: Well thanks for that report Dave. What a show we have tonight Dave but before we get to the ring, let’s bring in Troy Graham.

Lance Russell: Well Troy, your world seems to have turned upside down in the last week. You went from a possible AWA Southern Tag Team Champion along with Porkchop Cash to a man now feuding with his former partner.

Troy Graham: Lance, I just to get it. I thought Porkchop and I had something special. We were on the verge of a championship and then crazy things happened and we lost 4 in a row. I mean I understand the Rock N Roll Express are a great team and hats off to them but for Cash to blame me and come after me. I think this was all a set up.

Lance Russell: A set up?

Troy Graham: You know as well as I do what is going on around here lately. Ernie Ladd is behind everything thats trouble. I guess he convinced Porkchop that the loses were all my fault and that I was getting pinned on purpose to keep the Black Man down.

Lance Russell: That seems a little crazy but also right up Ernie Ladd’s ally.

Troy Graham: Make no mistake about, I considered Porkchop Cash a really good friend but I aint going to sit around and let people kick my butt. If Cash and Ladd want a fight, they have got one. If all of Ladd’s Army wants a fight! No problem. As you saw on Halloween night, the Grahams stick together. I know it came as a shock to you all, but I have a lot of family looking after me. We got each other’s back brother. This is going to be one wild ride but trust you me, The Grahams are up for it.

Lance Russell: Well things here keep getting more interesting each and every day. Two weeks ago nobody would have thought that the Rock N Roll Express would still be champions and that the Bruise Brothers would split up and were now basically at war. Let’s take a timeout and try to wrap our heads around this one.

November 5: Fort Knox, Kentucky at the Gammon Center

November 6: Blythville, Arkansas at the American Legion Arena

November 7: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

November 8: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

November 9: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

November 10: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

November 11: Tupelo, MS at the Sports Arena

Dave Brown: Ok Lance, here we go. Already in the ring and getting ready for action is the team of Mark Savage and Randy Barber. Their opponents Superstar Billy Graham and The Universal Heartthrob, Austin Idol. Your referee is Jerry Calhoun.

MATCH #1: Superstar Billy Graham and Austin Idol vs Mark Savage and Randy Barber.

This is a total squash match as Graham and Idol just pummel Savage and Barber. From punches to a body slams to a backbreaker, Idol dominated Barber. Graham was tagged in one last time and he put Barber into the Bearhug for the submission.

GRAHAM AND IDOL WIN BY SUBMISSION in 3:11.

Lance Russell: Well, I must say, you guys seem a little upset in that ring today.

Austin Idol: Well Lance, we are upset. We are upset at all the problems caused by Ladd’s Army. People I used to call my friends have now gone to the dark side. I will not stop until Ladd’s Army is finished. Most of all, Hacksaw Reed! I will not stop until that AWA Mid-American Title is around my waist. You were lucky to walk out of Memphis on Halloween Night with that belt. Next time, you will not be that lucky.

Superstar Graham: Lance, my family, the Grahams are now at war. Whether it be Ernie Ladd himself, Hacksaw Reed, Big Red Reese, Porkchop Cash or King Cobra the Grahams are coming for you!

Lance Russell: Well Gentlemen let’s try and control ourselves.

Ernie Ladd: So Superstar Graham, you are at war with us? That’s funny. Real funny. What you going to do against my army?

Butch Reed: Idol, I already taught you a lesson but any time you need me to take you back to school for another lesson, you just let me know.

Lance Russell: Well that’s enough! Ernie Ladd you have no business being out here right now. This is not your time and I think you just like to intimidate others when you have a numbers advantage.

Ernie Ladd: Well once again the CWA racist peeks his little head out from under a hole. Just a minutes ago, CWA said the match of the week was when JYD attacked me from behind after hiding all night under the ring but when we have a numbers advantage, it is us causing trouble.

Lance Russell: Well

Ernie Ladd: Shut up Russell. I wasn’t through. Now Graham and Idol, you have one chance to escape this situation without my Army kicking your teeth in.

Austin Idol: We are not afraid of you or your goons. If it is fight you want let’s get it on.

Ernie Ladd: You should really rethink your plan. Reed beat you by himself on Halloween and I am sure the rest of the Army will have no problem with Grandpa Graham there. You have one minute to produce JUNK YARD DOG or we will take his punishment out on you people.

Lance Russell: Now Ernie, you know that JYD is not in studio tonight.

Ernie Ladd: 30 seconds

Superstar Graham: Why wait. Let’s go now fellas

Ernie Ladd: You stupid fans. That is my new song! Times up!

Ernie Ladd: Trust me fellas this is not over. Be ready! We are coming for you.

Lance Russell: Well I am glad that cooler heads prevailed. Let’s take a quick break.

>

Lance Russell: Welcome guys. Tony you have had a tough fight on your hands of late.

Tony Anthony: That’s very true Lance. I just want the opportunity to thank this man to my right.

Tony Anthony: Just about two weeks ago, Ernie Ladd got to my tag team partners, King Cobra and flipped him to the dark side. I mean everything between us was going great until Ladd open his big fat mouth and got thoughts racing all around Cobra’s head about inequality and that I was only out for myself.

Lance Russell: Sounds very similar to what Troy Graham told us earlier.

Tony Anthony: Well Ladd is the one stirring up the problems but we are ready for a fight. For those of you who don’t know my new partner too well, he is one mean and nasty hombre who won’t back down. Tell um Len!

Len Denton: That’s right Tony! If Ladd wants a fight or King Cobra wants a fight, let’s do it! I mean any time he wants, we will be there. I saw them attack Tony for know reason and I couldn’t just sit back and watch. If someone is being wronged, I am going to step in. I was raised right by my mommy and I know right from wrong. That doesn’t mean I am some nice guy. I like to fight and I fight real dirty. In fact, I fight so nasty that they won’t know how to react. Because I am so sick of Ladd and his Army, why don’t we stir the pot a bit here? Since Ladd doesn’t think too much of us white folks, let’s just call us The Dirty White Boys. Ha, that will be great. We just beat Ladd to his next punch line. Why wait for him to call us dirty! But trust me, it will be the dirtiest brawl he has ever been a part of.

Lance Russell: It seems that everyone is after Ladd these days. Let’s get back to the action.

Dave Brown: Well fans, we are about to get our first television look at The Commonwealth as they are being led to the ring by the manager JR Foley. For those not lucky enough to have been at the Mid-South Coliseum on Halloween night, the Commonwealth is former Sheepherder Butch Miller from New Zealand and Lumberjack Pierre from the Yukon Territory. Their opponents tonight Scott Ferris and Tommy Lane.

MATCH 2: The Commonwealth along with JR Foley vs Scott Ferris and Tommy Lane.

This match is very similar to their first in the CWA. A total beat down of their opponents by The Commonwealth. They are just brutal and seem so onorthodoxed in their attack that Ferris and Lane can’t even defend themselves. Lane did have a few moments were he was able to go on the attack. He actually had a two count on Butch Miller after he nailed him with a sidewalk slam but after a tag to Scott Ferris the Commonwealth regained the advantage. The match ended when Pierre used Miller’s head for a battering ram and knocked the wind out of Ferris. Ref Paul Morton made the 3 count.

The Commonwealth defeated Ferris and Foley by pinfall at 5:12.

Lance Russell: Well, JR Foley, your men seemed really aggressive today but your attire seems totally inappropriate. I mean you can’t think Adolf Hitler is a role model?

JR Foley: Lance Russell, obviously I am from the British Commonwealth and Mr. Hitler was an enemy to us.

Lance Russell: Well thank goodness you said that.

JR Foley: Wait a minute, while he was an enemy, his ideas were briallant. I mean the human race is going downhill. Just look around this studio audience and you see idiots and morons. The British Empire is by far the superior culture and we must use our forum here to enlighten the dim wits here in this area of America. You call yourselves a super power? If it was not for Britain you would have lost every war you entered.

Lance Russell: Your history seems a little off.

JR Foley: There is nothing of the Commonwealth that is off. I have been begging these two gentlemen with me here today to join me for months. I have seen how inferior your tag team champions are. The Rock N Roll Express look like to two teen age girls. It is time for you to see what real men from a real empire can do. After we take your titles we will even teach you low lives some respect..

Lance Russell: Well after that nonsense, let’s take a break.

>

Dave Brown: Ok fans, this match will be Lars Anderson’s first defense of the CWA TV Title. He will face off against Mike Graham.

MATCH 3: CWA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH: Lars Anderson vs Mike Graham

This is a match of two of the great wrestling families of all time. Lars Anderson, a member of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew and Mike Graham, a member of the Golden Grahams and trained by father Eddie Graham. Mike Graham starts really fast and has Lars on the ropes. After a few technical moves, Graham took control with a flying dropkick after an Irish Whip. From there, Mike Graham hit a Lou Thez Press and it looked like a new champion might just be crowned but Lars reversed the pin attempt and almost pulled the match out of a hat but Graham kicked out at the count of 2. Lars rolled to the outside but Graham followed him out. Lars caught him on the way out with an elbow to the back of the head. Lars followed that up by ramming Graham into the steel barricade. Graham was holding his shoulder as Lars rolled him back into the ring. Lars started wearing down the arm as it looked like his was going for the Anderson Arm Bar.

From out of nowhere a face new to Memphis but not new wrestling hit the ring. Lars looked like he had seen a ghost as he sprinted out the other side of the ring and all the way to the locker room with OLE ANDERSON IN HOT PURSUIT. Ref Paul Morton counted to 10 and announced Mike Graham the winner by Count Out but due to a technicality, Lars Anderson retains the Television Title.

Lance Russell: First of all Ole, welcome to CWA Wrestling here in Memphis but what was that all about? Lars has been talking so highly of your family but there seems to be some problem. I have not seen him high tail it like that sense he has been here.

Ole Anderson: Mr. Russell, let’s get a few things straight. My brother Lars says a lot of things but means none of them. He is a real snake in the grass. Always has been, always will be.

Lance Russell: I am afraid you will have to enlighten us. We have heard of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew and all of your wonderful accomplishments and now we see a family in disarray.

Ole Anderson: Lars may be my brother but I don’t considered him family anymore. Let’s go back 3 years ago to Georgia Championship Wrestling. We were teamed against the Russians, Ivan Koloff and Alexis Smirmnoff. What does he do, he walks away from the match and leaves me 2-1. Against the Russians of all things. Sense that day, I have chased his cowardly behind all over the place. I chased and beat him all over Georgia until he ran away.

Lance Russell: From what we know, he won titles in Canada, Hawaii and New Zealand.

Ole Anderson: Mr. Russell, let’s get another thing straight. He may have won a few titles here and there but why do you think he ended up on the other side other earth?

Lance Russell: I am starting to think he was running from you.

Ole Anderson: You darn right Lance Russell. The name Anderson is the measuring stick for all other wrestlers. I am the reason for that. I am a 48 time champion. My brother Gene and I have been NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS 9 times. Did Lars come out here telling you of his measly 15 titles?

Lance Russell: Well in fact he did.

Ole Anderson: Lars, let’s get one thin straight. After what you did to me in Georgia, I am coming for you. I will at least end you wrestling career and maybe even your pathetic life. But how about you do me one favor, stay and fight! Stop running. If you are the biggest and best Anderson as you claim, meet me in the center of the ring!

Lance Russell: As we go to break, take a look at the newest CWA Ratings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 11/04

1. Jerry “The King” Lawler 1. The Rock N Roll Express

2. Hacksaw Butch Reed 2. The Japanese Assassins

3. Ernie Ladd 3. Hacksaw Higgans and Moondog Moretti

4. Austin Idol 4. The Commonwealth

5. Plowboy Frazier 5. Minnesota Wrecking Crew

6. Lars Anderson CWA CHAMPIONS:

7. Superstar Graham 1. Southern Heavyweight Champ: Jerry Lawler

8. Junk Yard Dog 2. Southern Tag Team Champions: Rock N Roll Express

9. Big Red Reese 3. Mid-American Champion: Hacksaw Butch Reed

10. Mike Graham 4. CWA TV TITLE: Lars Anderson

5. MS Valley Tag Title: Hacksaw Higgans/Moondog Moretti

Lance Russell: Ok Sir Oliver Humperdink what is your complaint this week.

Humperdink: That’s right pencil nose I am upset again. I am sick and tired of the mistreatment the House of Humperdink is receiving here in CWA. I mean The Japanese Assassins have been the #1 contenders to the AWA Southern Tag Titles for almost a month now and we still have not been given a date for our title shot. Plowboy Frazier and Sabu have been on a roll lately in singles competition but we hear nothing of title shots for them. Instead I have to watch some nobody like Mike Graham wrestle for the TV Title here tonight.

Lance Russell: Well I must say your logic is a bit off. I mean it is not the CWA’s fault that Plowboy Frazier lost his first match in the Mid-American Title Tournament. The Japanese Assassins are set for their title match against the Rock N Roll Express this Tuesday in Evansville, Indiana at the Soldiers and Sailors Coliseum.

Humperdink: You say that now Pencil Nose but mark my words. The CWA will find a way to trick the Assassins out of the title. But that’s ok. Watch and learn. The CWA mistreats us, we mistreat the other CWA wrestlers. Watch the beating The Magic Dragon and Goro are about to dish out.

Lance Russell: I don’t think that is very sportsman of you Humperdink.

Humperdink: Shut up. Do I look like I care about sportsmanship?

Lance Russell: I actually agree with you for once, let’s get to the ring so you can go away.

MATCH 4: Japanese Assassins vs Scotty Ferris and Sweet Daddy O

The Japanese Assassins are nastier than ever. Magic Dragon comes to the ring face painted in a menacing red and black swinging a kendo stick while Goro jumps up on the ring apron swinging a pair on nun chucks. As the match started, Goro just completely overpowers Scott Ferris after gets an advantage after a rake of the eyes. He whips Ferris into the ropes and catches him in a power slam but has no interest in a pin. Magic Dragon is tagged in and comes off the ropes for a baseball slide drop kick right to the jaw. Dragon gets up and hits Sweet Daddy O who was just standing on the apron. With O on the floor, Goro comes into the ring to distract ref, Paul Morton. As the ref had his back turned, Humperdink entered the ring and nailed Sweet Daddy O with the nun chucks right in the temple and knocks him out cold. Meanwhile, Magic Dragon has placed Ferris is the rolling leg sleeper and Ferris is out cold. Dragon is refusing to release the hold after the ref has stopped the match.

Lance Russell: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have never seen such carnage in the ring in all my life.

Jerry Lawler: HUMPERDINK! HUMPERDINK! You have crossed the line. Enough is enough. I want you and your cronies to know, I will not sleep until I get revenge. This Monday Night in the Mid-South Coliseum. I don’t care who it is. I am taking my frustration out on some member of your House. I don’t care who you send it, they will not make it out. I will put my Southern Championship on the line. All you need to do is send in a wrestler of your choosing. Plowboy Frazier, Sabu the Wildman, either member of the Japanese Assassins. It doesn’t matter. I going to knock them out and then I am coming for you.

Lance Russell: Jerry, I am sorry but we are just about out of time.

Jerry Lawler: Monday Night Humperdink! Mid-South Coliseum!

· The debut of The Commonwealth and JR Follow

· TNT vs The Japanese Assassins and Sir Oliver Humperdink

· Mike Graham vs Bill Ash

· The Dirty White Boys vs Big Red Reese and King Cobra

· Mississippi Valley Tag Title: Minnesota Wrecking Crew vs Moondog Moretti and Hacksaw Higgans

· Plowboy Frazier and Sabu with Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Austin Idol and Superstar Graham

· Porkchop Cash and Hacksaw Reed vs Troy Graham and Bruiser Brody

· Junk Yard Dog vs Ernie Ladd

· Southern Championship: Jerry Lawler vs Sir Oliver Humperdink’s Choice

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361CWA WRESTLING: 11/12/1983: MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

Lance Russell: "Hello again, everybody! Lance Russell and Dave Brown here again for CWA Wrestling in Memphis, TN. Let’s get right to our first segment, “This Week in the CWA.” Dave take it away.

Dave Brown: Well thank you Lance and great to be with you and all the wrestling fans here in the CWA. Let me get all the fans caught up on all the action from this past week.

· MATCH OF THE WEEK:

1. The Road Warriors defeated The Rock N Roll Express last Monday in the Mid-South Coliseum. The match showed the power of the Road Warriors and the resilience of The Rock N Roll Express. Both teams had many near pin falls but the Road Warrior were able to gain the victory after a Warrior Smash.

2. In an AWA SOUTHERN TAG TITLE MATCH last Thursday in Nashville, The Rock N Roll Express defeated The Japanese Assassins as ref Paul Morton disqualified The Japanese Assassins at 26:18. Magic Dragon had Ricky Morton locked in a rolling leg sleeper and refused to break the hold after being told to. The ref said that this was an illegal choke hold and not a sleeper. Humperdink was beside himself at the end.

· WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Junk Yard Dog continues to be a thorn in the side of Ernie Ladd and his Army. This past Monday, he was able to get a victory on Ernie Ladd himself. Even though official the victory came as a result of a disqualification of Ladd due to outside interference by Big Red Reese, JYD was able to put Ladd away with a major second rope fist drop.

· Debuts:

Bill Ash made his first return to the CWA is some 6 years in a match against Mike Graham. Ash used some nasty tactics that included a possible loaded forearm to gain the pin fall.

Every fan was in shock when Sir Oliver Humperdink led none other than Stan Hansen to the ring to face Jerry Lawler for the Southern Heavyweight Championship in the Mid-South Coliseum. They were just as shocked when he literally hanged Lawler over the top rope and left him daggling there. We have not heard the last of this. Even though Hansen was disqualified, he left a very freighting memory etched in the minds of all the fans in attendance last Monday night.

Lance Russell: Well thanks for that report Dave. Before we get to the ring, let’s bring in The Rock N Roll Express.

Lance Russell: Well guys, what a match you had with the AWA Tag Team Champions, The Road Warriors last Monday at the Mid-South Coliseum.

Ricky Morton: That’s right Lance, those two are some tough dudes but I really thought we had them. We had 4 or 5 really close pins but the just managed to kick out.

Lance Russell: Very true but you must have felt that match for a few days. The Road Warriors are some really powerful men and they were so physical in the match.

Robert Gibson: Again Lance that is all true but we still feel like that was a match we should have one. We want one more chance at those AWA World Titles. Both Ricky and I have thought about this. We are willing to put our AWA Southern Tag Titles on the line this Tuesday at the Soldiers & Sailors Arena in Evansville, Indiana. If we win, we get a rematch for the AWA World Titles. If we lose, The Road Warriors will have both the World and Southern Championships.

Lance Russell: That seems a little crazy. I mean what if the Road Warriors do happen to win and leave the area with your belts and do not come back.

Ricky Morton: That’s is a chance we are willing to take. To win those World Titles, you have to take some chances. We already have a phone call into AWA offices and should have an answer by the end of today’s show.

Lance Russell: Well we will just have to wait and see and good luck fellas.

Lance Russell: Well Jerry, first and most important how is your health?

Jerry Lawler: To tell you the truth Lance, I have been better. The doctors have urged me to stay away from the ring for a while. I have done some damage to my neck and I am having trouble moving. I have been warned that further damage could be done if my neck is attacked again.

Lance Russell: Well that it very understandable. For those that were not there, Stan Hansen along with Sir Oliver Humperdink used a bull rope and hanged you from the top rope in an attempt to break your neck and strangle you. I hope you take the doctor’s advice.

Jerry Lawler: Lance, I am way too angry to rest. That low life Stan Hanse will do anything for money and Humperdink obviously hired him to take me out. Hansen! Humpty Dumpty! You both failed. I am still here and coming for you. I have already gotten Jarrett to agree to a rematch. This match will be a bull rope match. That’s right, I am going to beat Hansen at his own game. We are going to be tied together by his famous bull rope and anything goes. Look at my head Hansen, 47 stiches from your COW BELL! My face will be like Mona Lisa’s compared to what yours will look like. I have gotten Jarrett to agree to make this a no DQ match but if anyone interferes, they will be suspended.

Lance Russell: Well that seems like a very dangerous match. I hope you well. How long after your recovery to you believe this match will take place?

Jerry Lawler: I cannot wait for a full recovery at all. In fact this match will be this Tuesday in Evansville, Indiana and the Soldiers and Sailors Arena.

Lance Russell: Jerry, is that the wisest thing to do?

Jerry Lawler: After what Humperdink and Hansen did to me, there is no way I can wait. I am coming for you this Tuesday Hansen.

Lance Russell: Well fans in Indiana, that card in Evansville is shaping up to be a great one. We will be right back!

November 12: Lexington, Kentucky at Rupp Arena

November 13: Osceola, at the MCW Arena

November 14: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

November 15: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

November 16: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

November 17: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

November 18: Booneville, Mississippi at EPW Arena

COME SEE SUCH MATCHES AS

· SOUTHERN TITLE MATCH: Jerry Lawler and Stan Hansen in a bull rope match in Evansville, Indiana

· AWA SOUTHERN TAG TITLE MATCH: The Road Warriors vs The Rock n Roll Express in Evansville

· MISSISSIPPI VALLEY TAG CHAMPIONS will be in action in Blythville, Arkansas and Tupelo, MS

Dave Brown: Ok Lance, here we go. Already in the ring and getting ready for action is the team of Mark Savage and Randy Barber. Their opponents led to the ring by JR Foley, The Commonwealth. Your ref is Jerry Calhoun.

MATCH #1: The Commonwealth and JR Foley vs Mark Savage and Randy Barber.

This is a total squash match and Butch Miller and Lumberjack Pierre just beat the crap out of Savage and Barber. The match ends with a Battering Ram on Mark Savage.

The Commonwealth win by pin in 4:11.

Lance Russell: Well, I must say, you guys have been a force to reckon with so far in CWA.

JR Foley: We are not a force. We are the force. There is nobody in this entire country who can deal with The Commonwealth. Our nations to do not raise spoiled brats. We work hard in hard conditions. We raise men not Momma’s Boys. I am in my fatigues once again because we are at war. War with stupidity. War with obesity. War with those who have no morals or self-respect. In other words, we are at war with America.

Butch Miller: You tell um JR. Why do you think the Road Warriors showed up last week to fight the Rock N Roll Express? Never mind morons, I forgot you can’t think. The Road Warriors made an appearance in CWA now so that they don’t have to come back when we are champs. We are coming for you Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton.

Lumberjack Pierre: In Canada, we make fun of little girly men like the Rock N Roll Express while you weak Americans praise them. This is the difference in America and The Commonwealth. We are just tougher and when we get our hands on the Rock N Roll Express, you weak Americans will be crying your baby eyes out.

Lance Miller: Well, we will just have to see about that.

JR Foley: I am not through. We have re-enforcements coming. The Commonwealth will not be satisfied with just The Southern Tag Titles. We are coming for you to Lawler. That is if there is anything left of you after Hansen is finished with you.

Lance Russell: Come on fellas. Lawler just had a serious injury and is already back in action. You cannot question his toughness.

Lance Russell: Of, well let’s get back to the ring. Dave what’s next for our great fans.

Dave Brown: Well making his first appearance on TV in CWA in about 6 years will be none other than Bill Ash. Ash and Dr. Dave Schultz terrorized our fans back in the late 70’s and he says he is back to do more of the same. His opponent will be Scott Ferris.

Match #2: Bill Ash vs Scott Ferris

Bill Ash might be a bit undersized against some opponents as he is only 5’10 and 225 pounds but he makes up for this in pure nastiness. He faked a collar and elbow lock up and nailed Ferris with a kick to the gut. From there comes a few eye pokes, low blows and choke holds. Ash finishes off Scott Ferris with a rear forearm. Ferris went down so hard, it would lead you to believe that might just be a forearm pad Ash is wearing.

Bill Ash winds by pin in 5:45.

Lance Russell: Welcome back to CWA Bill.

Bill Ash: Give me just a few weeks and nobody will be glad I am back. I am coming for a title and I don’t care which one.

Lance Russell: Well a man a few words but if I remember correctly, most of his words ring true. We need to take a break.

>

Dave Brown: Ladies and gentlemen, let’s get right back to the ring for our next match. It will be the Dirty White Boys, Len Denton and Tony Anthony against Sweet Daddy O and Burrhead Jones.

MATCH 3: The Dirty White Boys vs Sweet Daddy O and Burrhead Jones

A high paced match but the Dirty White Boys really work well together considering they are a new team. The use quick tags and a series of physical double team moves to keep Daddy O and Jones off balance. The end comes after Tony Anthony connects with a Bucksnort Blaster (choke slam) on Burrhead Jones for the pin.

The Dirty White Boys defeat Sweet Daddy O and Burrhead Jones by pin at 6:32.

Lance Russell: Congratulations guys! You really seem to be coming together as a team.

Tony Anthony: Thank you Lance and that’s very true but we still have a score to settle with my former partner, King Cobra and Big Red Reese. They got the better of us last Monday but we are still going after them.

Len Denton: That’s right Tony. It is going to make take more than one Holy Ghost Splash to get rid of us. Revenge is on our minds. Like everyone else we are sick and tired of Ladd and his Army.

Lance Russell: Mr. Ladd, this is not your time. You have no right being out here.

Ernie Ladd: Shut up Russell! Did you just see what I saw? These Dirty White Boys found the two sorriest Negroes I have ever seen. They took out Sweet Mommo O and Nappy Head Jones and think they accomplished something. What happen to you BOYS against my Army. That’s right you went down in a heap off hurt.

Tony Anthony: Just about three weeks ago, Ernie Ladd, you got to my tag team partner, King Cobra to flip to your army be feeding him a bunch of bull. Well, we are not buying it! Anytime or place Ladd.

Ernie Ladd: I am glad you said that. No better time than the presence you dirty dummies!

Ernie Ladd: Be careful! Be very careful what you ask for! The Army is always ready to attack.

Lance Russell: Same story different week. Let’s get some medical attention out here and let’s try to put this place is some working area. We will be right back

>

Dave Brown: Ok fans, this match will be Lars Anderson’s second defense of the CWA TV Title. He will face off against Brian Adias.

MATCH 3: CWA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH: Lars Anderson vs Brian Adias

This is a match of the veteran vs the up and comer. Lars Anderson, a member of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew will look to use his experience to defeat the young wrestler. Adias starts really fast and has Lars on the ropes. After a few technical moves, Adias took control with a flying dropkick after an Irish Whip. From there, Adias hit a Russian Leg Sweep and it appeared that he would be the next TV Champ but Lars was able to get a foot on the ropes to stop the count. Lars rolled to the outside for a breather and when he came back in the ring, he was cautious and had a lot more respect for Adias. Lars caught Adias with a rake of the eyes and from there he just took control. Lars rammed the left arm of Adias right into the ring post and then he went to work. Adias was forced to submit to the Anderson Arm Bar.

Lars Anderson defeats Brian Adias by submission at 7:48.

Lance Russell: First of all Lars, congratulations on your victory this evening but you must inform us, what is going on between you and your brother, Ole?

Lars Anderson: Mr. Russell, I am unsure of what you are talking about. Ole, Gene and I make up the greatest wrestling family that there is. Sometimes even the best have their problems. I mean Ole is a great wrestler but has always been a little jealous of his older brothers. I mean, he has nothing to be ashamed of but he always felt like our parents did not give him enough attention. He is just reaching out for attention.

Lance Russell: Well let’s try and keep the peace guys.

Ole Anderson: Lars may be my brother but I have never reached out for attention. It is this moron who wants all the focus to be on him. I will keep the peace tonight but I am issuing Lars a challenge. Anderson vs Anderson. Title on the line. Put your money where your mouth is. Stop running and face me man to man.

Lars Anderson: Ole, that’s is not what we want. We are family. I do not want my little brother to feel bad when I beat him.

Lars Anderson: Now Ole, watch your step before you cross the line.

Lars Anderson: I will not fight family.

Ole Anderson: Lars you can walk away but you cannot hide. You will wrestle me or else feel my wrath at every turn. I am relentless and you better sleep with one eye open. This is not about a title but about settling a family score.

Lance Russell: Well fans, it is very interesting when families fight and I have no idea where this one is going. As we go to break, take a look at the newest CWA Ratings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 11/18

2. “Hacksaw” Butch Reed 2. The Japanese Assassins

3. Austin Idol 3. The Commonwealth

4. Ernie Ladd 4. Hacksaw Higgans and Moondog Moretti

5. Lars Anderson 5. Big Red Reese and Porkchop Cash

6. Junk Yard Dog CWA CHAMPIONS:

7. Plowboy Frazier 1. Southern Heavyweight Champ: Jerry Lawler

8. Big Reed Reese 2. Southern Tag Team Champions: Rock N Roll Express

9. Troy Graham 3. Mid-American Champion: Hacksaw Butch Reed

10. Sabu 4. CWA TV TITLE: Lars Anderson

5. MS Valley Tag Title: Hacksaw Higgans/ Moondog Moretti

Lance Russell: Ok Sir Oliver Humperdink what is your complaint this week.

Humperdink: I am sick and tired of the mistreatment the House of Humperdink is receiving here in CWA. I mean. The Japanese Assassins had the AWA Southern Tag Titles won Thursday night in Nashville but that idiot ref Paul Morton declared the Rolling Sleeper that Magic Dragon had locked in on Ricky Morton was an illegal choke hold. I mean nobody has ever said that before. It is just another way the CWA is keeping the House of Humperdink from winning fair and square the titles they deserve. And then last Monday night, Austin Idol has a blatant choke hold on Plowboy Frazier and ref Jerry Calhoun does nothing but to yell at me to get off the apron.

Lance Russell: Well you had no right being up on the ring apron Sir Oliver Humperdink and then who was it that used the walking stick on Superstar Graham?

Humperdink: Now that is the exact point I am trying to make. They break a rule and nothing happens and I try to protect myself on the outside from Superstar Graham and they say I hit someone with my walking stick. Come on, the walking stick is because I can barely walk. It is not a weapon. But speaking of a weapon, how did you all like seeing Stan Hansen and what he did to Jerry Lawler?

Lance Russell: I think that was the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed in all my life.

Humperdink: Well if you thought that was bad, wait till this week in Evansville. I mean in a normal match, Hansen literally almost killed Lawler and now it is a Texas Bull Rope Match with an already injured Lawler going up against my man, Stan Hansen!

Lance Russell: Well that does seem like Lawler is in some serious trouble. By the way Humperdink, how did you get Stan Hansen to agree to help you?

Humperdink: Russell, money talks and I got a lot of it. You will be seeing a lot of hired guns around here as we amp it up to get rid of Lawler! Another bit of information for you and the low lifes here in CWA. I did send Jesse Barr away for a while to get some more training on how to hurt people.

MATCH 4: Plowboy Frazier vs Jose Poffo

Frazier is nastier than ever but really doesn’t need to be. Poffo is no better now than when he first got to CWA. Frazier throws one right hand and knocks Poffo out but instead of a pin, he goes for a Giant Splash and nails Poffo with all 475 pounds.

And then another Giant Splash and another Giant Splash. Poffo is in real danger here.

Idol and Frazier square off in an all-out war until Sabu and The Japanese Assassins hit the ring. Idol is beaten to a bloody pulp until finally Superstar, Troy Graham and the Rock N Roll Express rush to the ring and take control of the situation. They all help Idol to his feet and back to the locker room. At least there were others in the building tonight to help Idol because Lawler was in no shape to come out to aid his buddy.

Lance Russell: Ladies and Gentlemen, that could have been a very bad situation bit it seems like order was restored before any serious injuries could occur. We are almost out of time but I would like to let you know, The AWA office has called and said that The Road Warriors will meet the Rock N Roll Express for the AWA Southern Title on Tuesday at the Soldiers and Sailors Coliseum in Evansville, Indiana. Tonight’s show will end with a word from Erie Ladd and Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Ernie Ladd: JYD, I told you stay out of my business or else you would get hurt. How did that Holy Ghost Splash from Big Red Reese feel. I mean it could not have been too good. 410 pounds crashing down across your ribs! Next time, Uncle Tom Dog, you will not get off so easy. The army is after you and don’ think we have forgotten about you Mr. Lawler. You seem to have your hands full with Hansen right now but I am coming for you real soon. This city of Memphis will learn respect.

Hacksaw Reed: Now Bruiser Brody, you might have surprised me last Monday night but trust me. It won’t happen again. You will feel the pain of a Gorilla Slam real soon. Don’t think I could lift your big white, ugly butt up and slam you to the ground! Just wait. I just won this NWA Mid-American Title and I am not given it up to someone as dumb and ugly as you Brody. Tuesday is Evansville you will feel my power.

Lance Russell: I am sorry but we are just about out of time.

TUESDAY AT THE SOLDIERS AND SAILORS COLISEUM IN EVANSVILLE, INDIANA

· Bill Ash vs Brian Adias

· The Commonwealth vs Moondog Moretti and Hacksaw Higgans: Non-Title Match

· Austin Idol vs Plowboy Frazier with Sir Oliver Humperdink

· AWA Southern Tag Title Match: The Road Warriors vs The Rock N Roll Express

· Mid-American Title Match: Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Bruiser Brody

· AWA Southern Title Match: Texas Bull Rope Match: Jerry Lawler vs Stan Hansen

Voice Over: "The announcers on this program are selected and paid by parties other than this station, namely, the promoters of Championship Wrestling."

Again, absolutely love the format. Your promos are fantastic and the cast of characters is wonderful. If there's one good thing about you being NWA and AWA, it's seeing the Road Warriors and Rock N Roll Express go at it. But man, Lawler vs. Hansen, Reed vs. Brody? That's a total supercard.

And Jose Poffo is the best.

CWA WRESTLING: EVANSVILLE, INDIANA

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361 FROM THE SOLDIERS & SAILORS COLISEUM COLLISEUM:

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 1983

MATCH 1: MARK YOUNGBLOOD AND JULES STRONGBOW VS RANDY BARBER AND SCOTT FERRIS

This is the first match for both Youngblood and Strongbow here in the CWA but their names are well known. Jules has twice been World Tag Team Champion in the WWWF while Mark Youngblood is also a former tag team champ in the Central States. As one would expect, this team may be new but they really understand a tag match. Many quick tags and double team moves leaves them in complete control of this match. The end comes when Jules Strongbow catches Scott Ferris in a Gory Special. (Back to back backbreaker) and forces the submission. The match lasts 6:02.

MATCH 2: OLE ANDERSON AND BILL ASH VS TNT (BRIAN ADIAS AND TOMMY LANE)

The fans are very surprised at the team of Ole and Ash. They are both intense wrestlers with a lot of technical skill and toughness but it is still strange not to see Ole with another Anderson. The team of Adias and Lane, the crowd favorite, is also relatively now as Adias lost his last partner, Tommy Gilbert when he left the CWA. The match is action back with a few momentum swings but Ole hits Adias with an open hand chop that echoes through the building. This is the beginning of the end as once Adias is on the ground, Ole is at his best. After a few minutes of weakening the right arm, Ole clamps on the Anderson Arm Bar. Adias is forced to submit. The team of Ole and Ash looked good in their first bout. The victory came at 9:45.

MATCH 3: THE COMMONWEALTH with JR FOLEY VS MIKE GRAHAM AND LUKE GRAHAM

The Commonwealth have made quite a name for themselves here in the CWA in a really short time. Some of this is due to the outrageous behavior of their manager, JR Foley. Whether he is putting down the American culture, waving that obnoxious British Commonwealth flag or wearing his Adolf Hitler attire, he has the CWA fans looking for his blood. The team itself of Butch Miller and Lumberjack Pierre has it all. From size and power to an unorthodox style that keeps their opponents off guard. They have yet to lose a match. Their opponents tonight are from one of the all-time great wrestling families headed but Eddie Graham.

The match itself is a barnburner from the beginning. Butch Miller and Lumberjack Pierre love the rough stuff but so do the Grahams. The Grahams had a near pin fall after Luke Graham hit Lumberjack Pierre with a Golden Spike, a taped thumb to the throat. Ref Jerry Calhoun had been distracted by JR Foley when this illegal move occurred. Miller made the save and this was the beginning of about a two minute span of all 4 men in the ring at the same time. Once order was restored, Lumberjack Pierre caught Mike Graham with a power slam and followed that up with the Cobra Clutch. Miller made sure Luke Graham could not make the save and Mike Graham was forced to submit.

The Commonwealth remain undefeated with a win by submission at 16:56.

MATCH 4: THE DIRTY WHITE BOYS AND TROY GRAHAM

VS ERNIE LADD, PORKCHOP CASH AND KING COBRA

It is just amazing how many enemies Ernie Ladd has accumulated by the actions of his army. This match is no exception. The Dirty White Boys, Len Denton and Tony Anthony have been chasing King Cobra since he turned on Anthony a few weeks ago. Graham has been in search of revenge on Cash since he was attacked by Porkchop after their tag title match with the Rock N Roll Express. Ladd’s Army walks to the ring to the entrance song, “Another One Bites the Dust.” This really angers the fans as they feel that this is a slap on the face to JYD.

The match did allow them a certain amount of revenge as Tony Anthony caught King Cobra with a Bucksnort Slam (choke slam) and Troy Graham caught Porkchop Cash with a huge power slam. The only problem was that they were unable to get the pin. Both times Ernie Ladd made the save. The end of the match came after Ernie Ladd caught Len Denton with 3 huge overhand smashes to the head. Denton was stunned and this allowed Ladd to catch him with The Big Boot after an Irish Whip. That was all she wrote as Ref Paul Morton made the 3 count. Ladd’s Army gained the pin at 20:18

MATCH 5: PLOWBOY FRAZIER AND SABU WITH SIR OLIVER HUMPERDINK

VS

AUSTIN IDOL AND SUPERSTAR GRAHAM

This is a rematch from the Nov 7 card in the Mid-South Coliseum which saw the House of Humperdink come out on top. Idol and Frazier start the match and after a collar and elbow lock up, Frazier pushed Idol to the corner and throws a huge right hand. Idol ducks and uses his quickness to throw about 10 right hands that connect with Frazier’s face. Idol backs up and makes a charge at Frazier in the corner. He leaps and hits the 6’10, 475 pounder but only seems to bounce off and land on the mat shaking his head. Again, Idol bounces of the ropes and hits Frazier with a shoulder block. Plowboy staggers ad drops to the ground but he is near his corner and makes the tag. Idol tags in Graham. Graham comes in with a punch, punch, knife hand chop combo to Sabu’s head. From here on out, the match has many momentum changes. The biggest change, of course, was caused by Sir Oliver Humperdink. With Graham and Frazier in the ring, he jumped up on the apron and started waving his walking stick admonishing Ref Jerry Calhoun. Idol uses this opportunity to rush the ring and hit Sabu from behind. This attack stuns Sabu. Graham sneaks up on him and catches him in the Superstar Bearhug. Frazier attempts to break the hold but is caught by Idol. Idol and Frazier tumble out the ring and Humperdink starts to hit Idol with the walking stick. WHAM, WHAM, WHAM. 3 Walking stick blows to the back of Idol’s head. Humperdink and Frazier seemed to have lost focus for a minute as Superstar really amps up the Bearhug on Sabu. Sabu has no choice but to submit. Graham and Idol get revenge for their last match but Idol may be hurt. Mike Graham and Luke Graham rush the ring to make sure the House of Humperdink do not continue the illegal assault. Idol and Graham get the win by submission in 19:16. Not sure we have seen the last of this growing feud.

MATCH 6: NWA MID AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

“HACKSAW” BUTCH REED VS BRUISER BRODY

This match might be one of the best matches the CWA fans have ever seen. Both man are large, strong, and very physical but also have some technical skill. The match saw many momentum swings and each wrestler was very close to a victory on a few occasions. Reed surprised many of the fans with his power. Just by looking at him, you know he is real strong but some of the moves that he performed on the 320 pound Brody were impressive. At one point he was able to nail Brody with a Gorilla Press Slam but Brody was able to roll out of the ring to avoid the pin. Once they were on the floor, the momentum took another swing. This is where Brody seemed really comfortable and at one point he dropped Reed head first across the steel barricade. Reed was busted open but was able to get back in the ring. Brody took a moment to howl at the fans and they, lovingly, howled right back. Brody lined up a huge overhead chop and Reed crumpled to the ground. Brody lined him up for the running knee lift and connected.

DING DING DING…. The bell sounded ending this match in a 30 minute draw. Brody looked on the verge of victory and asked for 5 more minutes but his request was denied. Brody seems to have Reed’s number but as of now, he does not have his title.

MATCH 7: AWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE ROAD WARRIORS VS THE ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS

The Rock N Roll Express, the AWA Southern Tag Team Champions enter the ring first to KISS and “Rock N Roll All Night.” The fans are very nervous as they would hate to see their favorite team lose the Southern Title to the Road Warriors who might just walk away with the belts and return to the AWA.

KISS begins to blare again but this time it’s “War Machine.” Animal and Hawk come to the ring and they are a menacing site. From the face paint to the studded wrist guards and the spiked shoulder pads, they are the most intimidating team in wrestling.

NOTE: The AWA Southern Titles are on the line, not the AWA World Titles are.

The match is a carbon copy of the AWA Title match these two teams had at the Mid-South Coliseum on Monday, November 7th. The Rock N Roll Express did have their moments and even a few close calls after the connected with a double missile dropkick and when Gibson locked Hawk in the Gibson Leg lock. (Modified Figure 4). But the Road Warriors were just too powerful in the long run. Once again Animal hosted Ricky Morton onto his shoulders and Animal came diving off the top rope for the Warrior Smash and the victory.

The Road Warriors win the match and the AWA Southern Tag Titles by pin at 24:11. The fans and The Rock N Roll Express are obviously depressed as they may have just seen the Southern Tag Belts leave the CWA for good.

MATCH 10: AWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

JERRY LAWLER VS STAN HANSEN

NO DQ TEXAS BULL ROPE MATCH

The rules and stipulations of the match:

To win the match you must drag your opponent to each corner in succession. If your opponent breaks the moment, you must start all over.

Also, Ed Marlin, President of the CWA has said that any wrestler who comes from the back before the match starts, during the match or after the match will be suspended from CWA for one year. Sir Oliver Humperdink is allowed at ringside as Stan Hansen is contracted to him.

Lawler is first to the ring to the applause of the fans but they can see by how gingerly he is moving due to being injured from Hansen’s last attack. They are also nervous as this type of Match is Hansen’s specialty.

Humperdink: Ladies and gentlemen please rise and welcome the next AWA Southern Heavyweight Champion. Standing 6’4 tall and weighing 321 pounds, “The Bad Man” From Borger, Texas. Stan “the Man” Hansen.

Ref Jerry Calhoun secures both men to the bull rope and signals for the bell. The match gets under way and it takes Lawler awhile to get going. Hansen is really in his element and knows how to use the rope for leverage. Hansen had a few early tries and dragging Lawler around the ring but never made it to more than 2 corners. Lawler changed the momentum at one point. Hansen had the rope straddle between his legs and Lawler gave it a mighty jerk up and caught Hansen in the family jewels. Hansen howled in pain and rolled onto the canvas. Lawler took this opportunity to ring the cow bell off Hansen’s forehead a few times. Hansen was now busted open but that seemed to not bother him in the least. Lawler climbed the roped and instead of his signature fist drop, he clocked Hansen in the throat with the bell. Hansen was in obvious trouble as Lawler hit started to drag Hansen to each corner.

Corner 1

Corner 2

Corner 3

Wham….. Humperdink hits Lawler with his walking stick. Lawler is down and Humperdink hits him over and over again. Lawler is now busted wide open. There is nothing Jerry Calhoun can do as this is a No DQ match. Humperdink and Hansen alternate, walking stick blow, cow bell blow. Lawler is in trouble as Humperdink now looks like a traffic cop pointing to the corners. Hansen drags Lawler to the first corner and Humperdink starts jumping up and down. He can almost taste the AWA Southern Title. The crowd starts to roar.

Corner #1

Corner #2

Corner #3

Corner #4.

The crowd goes wild as Lawler has defeated Stan Hansen in 25:58. Lawler looks at Graham and realizes that Graham helped him here even though he knew he would be suspended from CWA for a year. Lawler thanks him for stopping the 2-1 attack by Humperdink and Hansen. They embrace and Lawler actually raises Graham’s hand. The audience gives Mike Graham a great send-off and they hope that Ed Marlin will understand the circumstances and not suspend him. Humperdink is beside himself as he keeps getting closer and closer to the title but can never seem to walk away with it.

I really liked the stuff with Anthony & King Cobra. King Cobra could easily justify why he was right to attack Anthony and both guys having valid points of view in a feud is one of the reasons Memphis was so great in real life. Plus it gives a reason to pair up The Dirty White Boys so all around good stuff there.

Seems like you changed your mind somewhere in that Hacksaw Reed vs. Sweet Daddy O/Tommy Gilbert match as you have both guys written into it at different parts.

Memphis loved in it's interupted interviews leading to wild studio brawls so good to see you're continuing that tradition here with the Bruiser Brothers & RNR stuff.

Pretty interesting that you seemed to position The Andersons with the way they got jumped by Ladd's group.

I was pretty sure Butch Miller was going to be half of the Commonwealth but didn't know who the other member would be. Cool that you went with a re-packaged Igor Volkoff. (Although for the record that's not actually the Igor Volkoff that was a WWWF tag champ as Lumberjack Pierre, it's this guy: http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=10690)

Bruiser Brothers explode is good stuff although I feel like the stables might be getting a bit too crowded.

Ole Anderson coming in after Lars is a pretty good angle and I always dug the way guys would reference past history in the territory days even if it was something 2-3 years old like Lars turning on Ole.

Road Warriors vs. RNR Express would have been a big time match in the Mid-South Coliseum would have liked to see that one. Also dug seeing my man Bill Ash make a pretty big debut by beating Mike Graham. Glad I was wrong about him essentially being left on the scrap heap after his Southwest run.

Lawler vs Hansen in a bull rope match would have had the potential to top the best bull rope match ever between Hansen & Colon.

Lots of good tag teams in Memphis now with The RNR Express, The Dirty White Boys, the Japanese Assassins, the various combinations of the Grahams and Ladd's Army plus the Road Warriors coming in as the World Champs. Lots of good tag team territories in this project and Memphis is certainly making a play to be on top of the heap.

I dug the progression on the Ole/Lars feud and Lars avoiding fighting Ole under the guise of not wanting to fight family. Although I smell a Lars sneak attack coming.

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361CWA WRESTLING: 11/19/1983: MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

· First it was an amazing week in the Tag Team Division. The Rock N Roll Express put their AWA Southern Tag Titles on the line in Evansville against none other than The Road Warriors. If the Rock N Roll Express won the match, they would earn an AWA World Tag Team Title shot. Well, the worst possible thing for CWA fans occurred when the Road Warriors defeated the Rock N Roll Express and held both the AWA World Title and the AWA Southern Tag Title. As per CWA rules, any champion who loses their belts can demand a rematch. Well the Rock N Roll Express did not waste any time. They demanded their rematch be 24 hours later in Louisville Gardens. This time, the Rock N Roll Express defeated the Road Warriors when Morton and Gibson nailed Hawk with a double toe hold elbow drop combo and gained the pin. One again, the Rock N Roll Express are the AWA Southern Tag Team Champions. They also proved they can defeat the Road Warriors and that they deserve another World Title Shot.

· CWA President has suspended Mike Graham for 1 year for his interference in the Texas Bull Rope Match between Jerry Lawler and Stan Hansen. Before leaving the CWA, Mike Graham said he interfered because he was just trying to level the playing field as Sir Oliver Humperdink was already attacking Jerry Lawler with his walking stick. He also said that he is heading back down to Florida to his father’s promotion as Kevin Sullivan is causing havoc. We wish Mike Graham all the success in the world.

· Junk Yard Dog continues to be a thorn in the side of Ernie Ladd’s Army as this past Monday he teamed with Troy Graham and they defeated Pork chop Cash and Big Red Reese. The victory came with a clean pin as Dog delivered numerous head-butts to Reese in quick succession as Cash and Graham were going at it on the floor. Also, in terms of JYD, he will be making his first TV appearance in CWA Wrestling tonight.

· And lastly, if our tag team division was not crowded enough, this week saw two new teams. First Ole Anderson and Bill Ash formed Team O&A and were successful in their first match. The other team to make a successful debut was Jules Strongbow and Mark Youngblood. Two magnificent tag team wrestlers who have held numerous championships throughout the U.S.

Lance Russell: “Wow Dave some great things happening here in the CWA. What a show we have tonight but before we get to the ring, we have a very special treat for you wrestling fans. Joining us here in studio is the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Harley Race!

Harley Race: Well thank you Mr. Russell but to tell you the truth, it is not a pleasure to be here. I mean as the NWA Champion, I am supposed to travel to all the territories and represent the entire NWA.

Lance Russell: I understand that all of the travel must get to you.

Harley Race: No, that is not what I meant. I understand why I need to go to Atlanta, Greensboro, St. Louis and New Orleans but not Memphis. I mean the other places are wrestling hotbeds. This is just the sticks were farm boys pretend to wrestle.

Lance Russell: Have you ever heard of the “King,” Jerry Lawler?

Harley Race: Of course I have heard of Lawler but who named him King? Himself?

Jerry Lawler: Well if it isn’t Mr. I DQ myself to save my belt. Welcome to Memphis. I have been listening to you for a few minutes and I am sick and tired

Harley Race: I have been listening to you Lawler for only a few seconds and now I am sick.

Jerry Lawler: You better watch it. I have respect for that belt but not for you.

Harley Race: Have you noticed this is my first trip to Memphis? That’s because you and the rest of the CWA are not worth my time.

Jerry Lawler: Why don’t we just see about that? You are dressed in your wrestling attire and I am in jeans and a tee shirt. I bet I can beat you right here and right now.

Harley Race: You won’t last 5 minutes in a ring with me you Memphis Hick and if you do, I will give you a shot at the NWA Title this Monday Night in your own hometown. Yes, right here in Memphis at the Mid-South Coliseum.

Lance Russell: What do you think of that Jerry Lawler?

Jerry Lawler: Get a ref down here now. I am the next champ of the NWA!

Match #1: Harley Race vs Jerry Lawler: 5 Minute Time Limit

Jerry Lawler and Harley Race are both steaming after the interview and the match starts with a slugfest. Lawler gets the best of it and follows the punches up with a knee to the gut. From there it is a Royal Backbreaker which Race doesn’t submit to. After the hold is broke, Lawler goes right back on the warpath and has Race at his mercy. Lawler actual nails a top rope fist drop on Race and as Morton begins to count the pin, the bell rings. The 5 minutes are up and Race is thanking God he survived. Lawler wants more but Morton forces him to his corner. This will be some match at the Mid-South Coliseum on Monday. Race might have bitten off more than he can chew.

Lance Russell: Well fans, I can tell you to get your tickets for the Mid-South Coliseum this Monday night. It will be one to remember. We will be right back!

November 12: Johnson City, TN at Freedom Hall

November 13: Forest City, Arkansas at the National Guard Armory

November 14: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

November 15: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

November 16: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

November 17: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

November 18: Caruthersville, Missouri at Hopke Fieldhouse

Lance Russell: Well guys, what a week you had. From losing the AWA Southern Titles to winning they back just 24 hours later. I mean, you guys proved you can beat the Road Warriors.

Ricky Morton: That’s right Lance, those two are tough but I knew we could beat them. I just hope that the AWA sees that and gives us another shot. I mean I do not care if we have to go to Chicago, St Paul or Alaska for all I care. We have had one goal for a long time and that’s to be World Champions.

Lance Russell: Very true but you have a lot of competition right here in the CWA.

Robert Gibson: Again Lance, that is all true. First up will be The Japanese Assassins who feel our victory last week against them was tainted. It was an obvious choke hold by Magic Dragon and they deserved to be disqualified.

Lance Russell: Well if you are able to beat Sir Oliver Humperdink and his Assassins, they are many other teams here wanting a shot at your titles.

Ricky Morton: That’s for sure. The Commonwealth, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Moondog Moretti and Hacksaw Higgins, Team O&A. I mean we have our work cut out for us but that’s great. The better our matches are here, the better I prepares us for the World Title.

Lance Russell: Well we will just have to wait and see and good luck fellas.

Lance Russell: Well Dave, let’s get to our next match.

Dave Brown: ok Lance, this will be our first chance to see the team of Mark Youngblood and Jules Strongbow in studio.

MATCH #2: Mark Youngblood and Jules Strongbow vs Mark Savage and Scott Ferris.

As would be expected, Youngblood and Strongbow are just so good at the art of tag team wrestling and were able to use quick tags and double team moves to stay in control of the match. The end came when Youngblood nailed Mark Savage with a fall down back body drop for the pin at 4:38.

Lance Russell: Well those guys are off to a great start in CWA! Let’s see if they can keep it up as they begin to step up in competition. We will be right back.

REPLAY FOR PROMO OF UPCOMING EVENTS>

MATCH #3: King Cobra vs Randy Barber

King Cobra, a member of Ladd’s Army, enters to a chorus of boos but it doesn’t mother him as he controls the entire match. After a few minutes of destruction, he catches Barber in a flying head scissors and follows it up with the cobra clutch and gains the submission at 4:02.

Just as ref, Paul Morton raises his hand and King Cobra lifts his fist to the sky in a symbol of Black Power, a masked man sneaks up behind him and levels him with a steel chair to the back. The masked man salutes Cobra in a taunting way, most likely in reference to Ladd’s Army and walks out the ring as Ladd and Hacksaw Reed rush to the ring just a moment too late to catch the masked wrestler.

Lance Russell: Well, I must say, I didn’t see that one coming.

Ernie Ladd: Of course you didn’t Russell. That was just another attack by a cowardly white man. We have been dealing with this since the beginning of time. Just like the KKK when they hide behind a mask and terrorize my people. This is no different. Whoever you were, I dare you to show your face and be a man. If you want a fight, we will give you one. CWA wrestling, be on notice. My Army was attacked tonight without provocation. We will get revenge on anyone we feel is our enemy! BLACK POWER.

Lance Russell: Of, well this is a situation we will have to keep our eyes on. Let’s get back to the ring.

Match #4: Bill Ash and Ole Anderson vs Sweet Daddy O and Burrhead Jones

Team O & A wrestled together for the first time this past week and they really worked well together. This was just a match where they were too physical for their opponents. Ole Anderson seems to enjoy dishing out punishment. His chops are so loud they echo through the studio. Bill Ash is only 5’10 and 225 pounds but he makes up for this in pure nastiness. Ash takes Sweet Daddy O down and Team O & A went to work on the right arm. A few quick tag later, Ole locks in the Anderson Arm Bar and the match is over.

Team O & A win by submission in 5:45.

Lance Russell: Welcome congratulations on your win tonight but I must say I was surprised when you two joined together...

Ole Anderson: Lance, I am unsure why you are surprised. Bill Ash is like myself in that he is nasty and downright mean. He doesn’t care what the fans think and he is very goal orientated.

Bill Ash: Ole has always been a wrestler I have admired. When he asked me to be his partner, I was more than pleased.

Lance Russell: Ole, you said goal orientated. What are your goals?

Ole Anderson: My one and only goal is to rid wrestling of my brother, Lars. If Bill or I happen to take his TV Title along the way, so be it!

Lance Russell: What about his current tag team partner, Gene Anderson, your other brother.

Ole Anderson: I have no qualms with Gene but if he gets in my way of ridding wrestling of Lars, he will be collateral damage.

Lance Russell: Well that is a very interesting situation. We need to take a break. As we go to break, take a look at the newest CWA Ratings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 11/18

3. Austin Idol 3. Moondog Moretti & Hacksaw Higgins

4. Stan Hansen 4. The Commonwealth

5. Junk Yard Dog 5. Big Red Reese and Porkchop Cash

6. Ernie Ladd CWA CHAMPIONS:

7. Lars Anderson 1. Southern Heavyweight Champ: Jerry Lawler

8. Plowboy Frazier 2. Southern Tag Team Champions: Rock N Roll Express

10. Sabu 4. CWA TV TITLE: Lars Anderson

5. MS Valley Tag Title: Moretti & Higgins

MATCH 5: Plowboy Frazier with Sir Oliver Humperdink vs Scott Ferris

A total squash match. The 6’10, 475 pound Frazier was just too much. He landed on Scott Ferris with a Giant Splash and that was all she wrote. Frazier wins by pin in at 4:58.

Lance Russell: Well Sir Oliver Humperdink, what is on your mind this week?

Humperdink: Pencil Nose, I am sick and tired of the Lawler Rules. I mean the way the CWA gives him everything he wants and makes sure he doesn’t lose the AWA Southern Title is ridiculous. Did anybody forget that he was to face Stan Hansen again this Monday in the Mid-South Coliseum but I guess that was thrown out the window. I mean big deal! He lasted 5 minutes with Harley Race and now he gets a World Title Shot! That’s what I am talking about with the Lawler Rules. He gets special treatment. I mean my man Stan Hansen had him dead to rights last week in Evansville

Lance Russell: Well you had something to do with that after you hit Jerry Lawler repeatedly with your walking stick.

Humperdink: Pencil Nose, be careful what you say. You have no footage of that show and if you say things you can’t back up, I will sue you in a court of law. Now speaking of suing someone. I am having my lawyers looking into a lawsuit against Mike Graham as we speak. He interfered in the match and caused Stan Hansen not to win the title.

Lance Russell: I think he was just evening out the sides and did you forget he has been suspended for 1 year for his actions.

Humperdink: Shut up pencil nose! His suspension does not make up for costing me the title. I went to Ed Marlin at the beginning of the show and demanded Lawler face the music this Monday in Memphis but was denied satisfaction when he said Lawler is facing Race!

Lance Russell: Well guys, let’s try and keep some order here tonight.

Austin Idol: Well Humpty Dumpty you look like you have seen a ghost! You think you are sick and tired of us, well we have had enough of the House of Dumpty

Jerry Lawler: Nobody says Lawler doesn’t keep his word. Nobody in his right mind would turn down a world title match but for once, I think you make a valid point Humpty! How is this for fair! Your house of humpty vs Austin Idol and Superstar Graham at the Mid-South Coliseum on Monday. If you win, I face any 2 members of your stable the following week at the Mid-South Coliseum.

Humperdink: That’s seems like a deal!

Idol: What a minute Humperdink. You have to give up something in this deal!

Humperdink: Wait? What do you want?

Idol: You are always bragging about your money. We want $5000 from you when we win. You must bring it to the ring prior to the match or no deal!

Humperdink: That’s all. First of all, The House won’t lose to you guys in a million years so the money will not change hands anyway. And then, it is Lawler vs 2 of my men in Evansville? Deal

The whole House of Humperdink is all over Lawler, Graham, and Idol. Idol seems to be taking the worst of it as this Japanese wrestler is kicking, punching, biting and stomping liked a caged animal. Idol is busted wide open. Lawler and Graham are making out ok.>

The crowd goes wild as JYD hits the scene and is throwing haymaker after haymaker. The House of Humperdink can’t stand the heat and beat it back to the locker room.

Lance Russell: Well what a pleasure to finally have you in studio Mr. JYD and I would like to thank you for helping Jerry and the rest of the good guys here in CWA.

JYD: Man the Dog is really needed here in Memphis. I thought it was just Ladd and his stupidity that brought me here but Humperdink…, you got the Dog real mad! I am howling mad! Don’t you dare think you can get away with that on Monday night! I am new here but these guys around me now are like my family! We got each other’s back.

Lawler: Thanks JYD and I have all the confidence in the world of Austin and Superstar!

Idol: I understand that Jerry has a shot at the World Title! I would never ask him to give that up. We will take on Humperdink for you and don’t worry about anything. JYD, good luck in your match with the Army and we got your back to! I can’t wait to go out for a night on the town and spend Humperdink’s $5000. Oh Baby!

Lance Russell: Well thanks guys but JYD you have a match waiting for you in the ring right now. It is a match against Ladd’s Army!

JYD: Rufff , arrrrhhhhh arrrrhhhhhh. The Dog is taking a bite out of crime! Let’s get ready to THUMP!

MATCH 6: JUNK YARD DOG vs Porkchop Cash

The fans go nuts as Queen and “Another One Bites the Dust blares over the speakers. JYD has been chasing Ladd’s Army for a month now and the fans finally get to see it on TV. This would be a main event anywhere in the country and for TV it is unheard of. The match shows JYD in all his glory. While Cash did have a few moments with the upper hand, JYD and the dog antics were in full effect. After a series of huge head butts followed by Big Thump (a powerslam), Dog gains the pin at the 9:42 mark.

Lance Russell: Well wait a minute fellas, you have no business being out here.

Ernie Ladd: Just like that mangy mutt has no business being in Memphis and interfering in the Army’s work.

Instead of waiting for any other remarks, the Dog just goes on the attack! He is all over Ladd but can only sustain it for a minute. It is quickly 3-1 with Cash and Reese helping Ladd.

Lawler and the Rock N Roll Express rush out as does Hacksaw Reed and King Cobra. It is brawl to end all brawls but the Army has a 5-4 advantage and it pays off.

The crowd begins to roar as Austin Idol, who was just injured comes out to even the sides. The fighting is all over the arena.

Oh No, the House of Humperdink with the Japanese Assassins, Yamamoto and Plowboy Frazier join in the fight. Lawler, Idol, JYD and The Rock N Roll Express are overwhelmed and laying all over the studio. Humperdink and Ladd look at each other and ………

OH MY GOD, NO!

Ladd and Humperdink shake hands. All of the evil in the CWA is now united against Lawler and his men.

MONDAY AT THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

· Ole Anderson and Bill Ash vs The Dirty White Boys

· Mississippi Valley Title Match: Moretti and Higgins vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew

· The Commonwealth with JR Foley vs Troy and Luke Graham

· Austin Idol and Superstar Graham vs The House of Humperdink: If Idol and Graham wins, Humperdink pays them $5000. If Humperdink wins, Lawler must defend the AWA Southern Title vs 2 members of The House of Humperdink

· AWA Southern Tag Title: Rock n Roll Express vs The Japanese Assassins with Humperdink

· NWA Mid-American Title: Hacksaw Butch Reed vs Bruiser Brody: 2 out of 3 falls/falls count anywhere

· JYD and a Mystery Partner vs Ernie Ladd and Big Red Reese

· NWA WORLD TITLE: HARLEY RACE VS JERRY “THE KING,” LAWLER

A 1 year suspension for interference seems pretty excessive especially for a promotion that had a lot of run ins like Memphis.

Pretty interesting that both the NWA World Champion and the AWA World Tag Team Champions would be in the area around the same time.

Looking forward to finding out the masked guy is who attacked King Cobra.

Ladd's Army joining up with House of Humperdink is like a Corporate Ministry moment.

CWA WRESTLING: MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361 FROM THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM:

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 1983

MATCH 1: MARK YOUNGBLOOD AND JULES STRONGBOW VS SWEET DADDY O AND BURRHEAD JONES

Youngblood and Strongbow have been really well accepted here. They also continue to impress but they have not wrestled much competition as of yet. Again, they control the match from start to finish. This match ends as Jules Strongbow catches Burrhead Jones in The Gory Special (a back to back backbreaker) and Jones is forced to submit at 4:54.

MATCH 2: OLE ANDERSON AND BILL ASH VS THE DIRTY WHITE BOYS

It is youth vs experience in this tag match. The fans are solidly behind The Dirty White Boys but this has as much to do with their memories of Bill Ash from years ago than anything else. They are still unsure of how to react to Ole Anderson. All they know is that someday he is going to catch his brother, Lars, and it is going to be one to remember. The Dirty White Boys control the tempo in the beginning and even almost gain a quick victory after Tony Anthony caught Bill Ash with a Bucksnort Blaster (Choke slam) but Ole made the save after a 2 count by ref Paul Morton. This led to Ole cleaning house and giving Ash a few moments to recovery. Ash legally tags in Ole and he just beats the crap out of the youngster, Len Denton. Denton was game but just took one too many chops before going to the canvass. Once on the mat, Ole started wearing down the right arm before he eventually clamped in the Anderson Arm Bar and gained the victory by submission at 11:15.

MATCH 3: MISSISSPIPPI VALLEY TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE MINNESOTA WRECKING CREW (LARS AND GENE ANDERSON)

VS

MOONDOG MORETTI AND HACKSAW HIGGANS

It appears the promoter has made a mistake in the order of the matches. While Team O&A had just won the last match and are walking off, the ring announcer introduces the challengers for the next match. Lars Anderson walks to the ring just as Ole is walking out of the ring. Ole Anderson takes this opportunity to attack Lars. After a few brutal chops and punches, Ole is able to lock in the Anderson Armbar and is pulling so hard, that Lars appears injured. Gene did nothing to interfere in the fight between his two brothers but now he must wrestler this match without a partner.

Moretti and Hacksaw Higgins are just too strong and are able to easily defeat Gene by himself after a powerslam by Moondog Moretti and 6:34. Gene gave a valiant effort but really had no chance. As soon as the match ended, Ole rushed back to the ring to protect Gene in case of further attack by the champions. Gene just shook his head and looked upset at the whole situation. He doesn’t seem to be angry at Ole just saw this match as a lost opportunity in a career he knows is winding down. Ole and Gene actually embrace and walk back to the locker room together.

MATCH 4: THE COMMONWEALTH with JR FOLEY VS TROY GRAHAM AND LUKE GRAHAM

JR Foley leads Butch Miller and Lumberjack Pierre to the ring. Foley, waving the British Commonwealth flag, is sporting his usual Hitler mustaches and is dressed in army fatigues. Since his arrival a few weeks back, he has vowed destruction on the American wrestler and thus far he has provided it. The fans are hoping that tonight will be different. They hope that Troy Graham and Wildman Luke Graham will put up a great fight. As the match begins, it is evident that this will be a war. Luke Graham is very similar to the Commonwealth in his rough and unorthodox style. Troy Graham is also not afraid to mix it up and both teams have their moments. While ref Paul Morton had his back turned, Luke Graham caught Lumberjack Pierre with an illegal taped thumb jab to the throat. Butch Miller saw this and rushed after Luke Graham. Paul Morton now had his hands full as Pierre was rolling around on the mat having trouble breathing and Butch Miller was taking on both Graham brothers. While Morton had lost control, JR Foley smoothly climbed the apron, walked into the ring and WHAM, hit Luke Graham over the head with the flagpole. Graham was out of it and busted wide open. As the referee came back to the in-ring action, he saw Pierre laying on Luke and made the 3 count for the victory at 17:58. The fans were upset that JR Foley got away with this but what is good for the goose is good for the gander! Luke Graham started the illegal stuff!

MATCH 5: PLOWBOY FRAZIER AND STAN HANSEN with Sir Oliver Humperdink

VS

AUSTIN IDOL, SUPERSTAR GRAHAM

This match pits good vs evil but this time, if the House of Humperdink wins, they get a 2-1 title match next Monday night in the Mid-South Coliseum. . If Idol and Humperdink win, Humperdink must give Idol and Graham $10,000 of his own money which he has brought to the ring in a steel suitcase. Idol and Frazier start the match and Idol uses his quickness to throw about 10 right jabs that connect with Frazier’s face. Idol bounces off the ropes and tries to move the 6’10, 475 pounder but only seems to bounce off and land on the mat shaking his head. Again, Idol bounces of the ropes but Frazier catches him with a huge body bump and Idol goes flying. Frazier now tags in Sabu. From here on out, the match has many momentum changes. The biggest change was caused by Sir Oliver Humperdink. With Graham and Frazier in the ring, he jumped up on the apron and started waving the suitcase at Ref Jerry Calhoun. It looked as if he was offering a bribe to Calhoun but Calhoun just ordered him off the apron. WHAM! Frazier whipped Graham right into Humperdink. It looks like Graham has hit his head on that steel suitcase and he is down. Frazier tags in Sabu who is like a madman. He is nailing Graham with head-butt after head-butt and followed those up with some martial art like chops. Somehow Graham is able to tag Idol back in but he gets more of the same treatment. Idol just seems a little off in this match. Frazier looked to really telegraph a huge elbow drop but Idol is unable to roll away. Frazier just follows the elbow drop up with a pin. Idol kicks out right after the three count and the House of Humperdink wins a rather easy match at 14:11.

The House of Humperdink gets another shot at Jerry Lawler’s title next Monday night but this time it will be 2-1 handicapped match.

MATCH 6: AWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE JAPANESE ASSASSINS VS THE ROCK N ROLL EXPRESS

The Rock N Roll Express, the AWA Southern Tag Team Champions enter the ring to KISS and “Rock N Roll All Night.” The fans are excited to see their champs back with the titles after last weeks near disaster. Tonight they face the #1 contenders in the CWA and the last time they wrestled saw a rather strange ending. Magic Dragon locked in the Rolling Japanese Sleeper which has seen many opponents tap out. It looked like that was the fate of The RnR Express but the ref declared the hold a choke and disqualified The Japanese Assassins. CWA President Ed Marlin has declared the move legal and gave the Japanese Assassins another chance here tonight to win the AWA Southern Tag Titles.

As the Japanese Assassins are guided to the ring by Sir Oliver Humperdink, the fans are hoping Humperdink stays out of the match. Most believe that to only be wishful thinking. The Magic Dragon, face painted puts on a little knun chuck show wile entering the ring while Goro Tsurumi puts on a kendo stick display. These two are really talented and dangerous.

As the match starts, it is the RnR Express who takes control but it is short lived. Both teams are so talented on defense and in the art of tag team wrestling that there are many quick tags and reversals in the early going. The Japanese Assassins take control after a double team on Gibson that included many martial art like kicks. After one more tag, Gibson was on the canvass after a savat like kick from Goro followed by a baseball slide drop kick by Magic Dragon. From here, Dragon locked in the Rolling Japanese Sleeper and it looked like this title reign may be very short for the RnR Express. Morton rushed into the ring and took on both Assassins for a moment and forced Dragon to break the hold. As the ref pushed him back, the Assassins went for another double team but Gibson rolled away for the tag. From here, Morton took control and now the Rock N Roll Express used their double team repertoire to gain momentum. After a double missile drop kick on Dragon, the RnR Express nailed Goro with the same move. Gibson locked in the Gibson leglock on Dragon. Instead of accepting defeat, as Dragon was about to submit, Humperdink called for re-enforcements from the back. Tojo Yamamoto hits the ring and was like a caged animal. Punching, kicking and biting at the Express. While Goro and Dragon took care of Gibson, Humperdink and this other wrestler controlled Morton. Finally, Tojo caught Morton in a stomach claw while Magic Dragon had Gibson in another rolling sleeper.

From the back came Mark Youngblood, Jules Strongbow, Luke Graham and Troy Graham and The House of Humperdink beat a hasty retreat. While they did not defeat the Express for the titles, the House of Humperdink continues its reign of destruction. The Rock n Roll Express win by DQ at 25:23 but they need to be helped to the back. Wow, who was that new wrestler? And Sir Oliver Humperdink keeps adding to his stable.

MATCH 7: NWA MID AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

“HACKSAW” BUTCH REED VS BRUISER BRODY

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS/FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE

So far, Bruiser Brody is the only one to slow down Hacksaw Reed. His style and power match up well against Reed and the crowd is hoping he can win the title from Reed. As the match starts, Brody comes out on fire and catches Reed with a Mauling Knee Smash right to the chin. He keeps control with a series of powerful moves that included a one handed bodyslam. After an Irish Whip, Bruiser Brody clobbers Reed with a Massive Heart Punch. This move is normally illegal but this is a no DQ match. The Heart Punch gained Brody the first pin at 8:42.

The second fall seems to be a carbon copy of the first. Brody’s power, style and speed keep Reed off balance and he still seems to be suffering from the Heart Punch. Brody rushed in one too many times and Reed caught him with a knee. It was now Reed’s time to shine and show his power. A vertical suplex followed by an impressive Gorilla Press Slam on the 6’8 monster gained Reed the second fall at 9:21.

The third fall was text book Brody as it was all over the arena. After they both toppled out of the ring, they just decided to brawl all over the place. At one point Brody crushed Reed with a chair and rammed his head into the ring post. Reed’s face was like a crimson mask but he was able to kick out of each pin attempt. Reed was able to get back to his feet and block two of Brody’s huge overhead chops. From there, Reed starting throwing his own haymakers. Brody falls back into the steel barricade that separates the fans from the wrestlers. Brody ended up sitting against the barricade and Reed saw his chance. He sprinted full speed at Brody and dove through the air and caught him with a spear into the steel barricade.

Reed gives out a mighty roar as his adrenaline is really pumping. He scoops up Brody into another Gorilla Press Slam and this time drops him head first across the steel barricade. Brody is now also busted wide open and is also set up for the pin.

1….

2….

3….

What a match. Reed pinned Brody at 14:46 to win the third and final fall. The CWA fans hate Reed and the Army but they must respect Reed’s ability.

MATCH 8: BIG RED REESE AND ERNIE LADD VS JUNK YARD DOG + A MYTERY PARTNER

Well JYD has really given everything he’s got into this feud with Ladd’s Army. He vowed that tonight’s partner will put him over the top.

Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust” begins to blare but the fans don’t know what to do. Just to be a thorn in the side of JYD, Ladd has adopted this as his entrance song so the fans do not know who it is that is about to enter the ring. When they see it is Ladd and Reese, a chorus of boos as loud as has ever been heard in the Mid-South Coliseum begins to rock the building. Ladd just takes this opportunity to yell back at the crowd on his way the ring.

Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust” begins to blare again and now those boos are changed to cheers as they now know it is JYD. JYD comes out half way to the ring but he is all alone. The fans fear that nobody was willing to join in the fight against Ladd. Ladd and his men recently joined together with Humperdink to rid the CWA of the likes of Lawler and JYD and maybe JYD’s partner deemed it too dangerous to come to Memphis.

As Dog got a little closer to the ring, he stopped and tuned around and waved to the back. The fans could not believe their eyes. One of the most popular and best wrestlers in the NWA was joining JYD in the ring!

It was none other than the masked legend himself. Mr. Wrestling II!

JYD and II ride the momentum in the early stages of the match and they are able to keep Ladd and Reese off balance. Ladd is able to catch II with an overhand chop to gain the advantage. From there he catches II with a BIG BOOT after an Irish Whip. Ladd was unable to go for the pin as the BIG BOOT caused II to fall through the ropes and out onto the floor. JYD goes to protect him but is attacked by Reese. Reese and Ladd turn their attention to JYD as they believe II to be injured. Ladd connects with a BIG BOOT on JYD who is now down. While this was going on, II had recuperated and re-entered the ring to break the 10 count. Ladd was holding JYD down as Reese climbed up on the ring apron on the other side. Reese was about to nail JYD with a Holy Ghost Splash from the ring apron when II ran up from behind and pushed him off. Reese landed right on Ladd. II quickly ran out of the ring as Reese went to aid Ladd. As Reese turned around, II grabbed the back of his head and WHAM! Mr. Wrestling II caught Reese with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. II went back in the ring as the legal man. Ref Paul Morton counted to 10 with neither Ladd nor Reese ever got up. Morton called for the bell and declared JYD and II the winner by count-out at 21:09

After the ref raised the hands of JYD and II, another masked man rushed to the ring with a chair and hit both Ladd and Reese over the head just as they were staggering to their feet. He then ex[KC1] ited just as quickly as he had appeared. JYD and II looked at each other in a confused way. They seem to have no idea who this masked wrestler was.

MATCH 9: NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

JERRY LAWLER VS HARLEY RACE

The World Champion comes to the ring to a chorus of boos and you must wonder where his confidence level is after Jerry Lawler almost pinned him two nights ago in a 5 minute match. This one will be 30 minutes and Handsome Harley Race will have nowhere to hide. One must also wonder if he is looking too far ahead to his match win Ric Flair at Starrcade in just a few days.

Jerry Lawler is next to the ring and the crowd goes wild. They all truly believe that he is the best in the world and would love to see him with the championship belt around his waist.

The match starts with a bit of a feeling out process but Race is able to get the first advantage after he slipped a collar and elbow lockup and caught Lawler with a double eye gouge. From here it was a series of power moves that included a near fall after Bridging Fisherman Suplex but Lawler was able to kick out of Ref Jerry Calhoun’s count at 2. Race stayed on the advantage until he made the mistake of going for his patented Diving Head-butt from the middle rope. Lawler rolled out at the last second and after a minute to gather himself, Lawler was now on the advantage. He tried every trick in the book but couldn’t gain a pin or submission from the champ. Lawler locked in his sleeper but Race was able to get to the ropes and force the break. Lawler caught him with his Royal Backbreaker but Race would just not submit. Lawler even nailed a fist drop from the top rope but Race was able to drape his foot across the bottom rope before the count of 3. Both men believed that their only chance to claim victory might be to break a few rules. The match became a bit of a slugfest with neither man backing down. With time winding down Lawler did nail one more fist drop but again Race kicked out at the count of two. Lawler went to the well one too many times and this time Race rolled out on Lawler’s top rope fist drop. Both men laid in the center of the ring as time expired. The crowd was so impressed by both wrestlers that they gave a standing ovation. After a few minutes, they were both able to get to their feet. Race and Lawler had a new found respect for each other and raised each other’s hand. Race was first to exit the ring and go back to the locker room. Lawler was left in the ring to ponder what could have been.

The next thing you know, JR Foley is making his way to the ring waving the flag of the British Commonwealth. The fans are unsure of what is next as this guy is capable of doing anything. Lawler is so exhausted from the match with Race that they are nervous.

JR Foley: Mr. Lawler. I would like to congratulate you on your match. For an American, you really wrestled well. But as I said, for an American.

The fans are unsure what that means.

NO, NO, could that really be him?

It is! Kilt and all!

It’s Rowdy Roddy Piper!

Piper walks to the ring and climbs in and the fans can’t believe he is here in CWA.

Piper shrugs his shoulders as if to say no problem and he turns to the fans. Lawler loses focus for just a second and wham!

A Low blow by Piper as he lifted his right knee into the groin of Lawler. Lawler falls down onto both knees.

Wham! A huge right hand and Lawler is out cold.

Lawler is out cold and the fans can’t believe Lawler now has to deal with Ladd’s Army, The House of Humperdink and ROWDY RODDY PIPER!

Really tag team heavy card this time out. Pretty surprised at the DWB's falling to Ole & Bill Ash. I thought for sure Ash would be taking the fall in that one.

I don't know how Stan Hansen would have liked teaming with a big schlub like the Plowboy but then he did team a lot with Brody maybe he wouldn't have minded. I wonder if Idol didn't throw that match...I hope my beloved professional wrestling isn't being tainted by someone purposely losing a match.

2 out of 3 falls in a Falls Count Anywhere match seems a bit odd but I'm sure it happened somewhere. Reed vs Brody would have probably been good since Reed was big enough and bad enough he probably could have "convinced" Brody to actually sell if he needed to.

Wrestling II showing up as the partner for JYD was pretty cool. I fucking love me some Mr. Wrestling II.

I'm surprised Piper came in as a heel, I thought things were so loaded on the heel side already he'd end up coming in as a Lawler ally but Lawler vs. Piper is definitely an interesting match.

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361CWA WRESTLING: 11/26/1983: MSC STUDIOS (Memphis)

AND KENTUCKY!

· MATCH OF THE WEEK:

First, what a match at the Mid-South Coliseum between NWA Champion Harley Race and Jerry Lawler. Both man had numerous opportunities to win the match but could never put the other away. After 30 minutes of amazing wrestling, the match ended with a draw. Both wrestlers gained a lot of respect for the other and the match ended in a handshake. That’s when things got really interesting. After Harley Race left the ring, JR Foley entered the ring and the bag pipes began to play. Soon, none other than Rowdy Roddy Piper entered the ring and attacked Lawler. This will not be the last we here of this.

· FEUD OF THE WEEK: The Rock n Roll Express vs The Japanese Assassins

CWA President Ed Marlin has been asked and he has agreed to another title shofor the Japanese Assassins. Believe it or not, this request was made by the champions, The Rock n Roll Express. They said they wanted to beat the Assassins one more time without the interference of Sir Oliver Humperdink so he could not make any more excuses about why his team lost. To guarantee no interference, this match will be a SCAFFOLD MATCH 25 feet up in the air.

· Austin Idol and Superstar Graham lost to Stan Hansen and Plowboy Frazier in the Mid-South Coliseum. This means that Jerry Lawler will have to defend his AWA Southern Title against 2 members of the tHouse of Humperdink when action returns to Memphis on Monday. The two wrestlers will be announced tonight by Sir Oliver Humperdink.

· Last Monday night saw the second attack on Ladd’s Army by an unknown masked wrestler. This time he attacked Big Red Reese and Ernie Ladd himself. Nobody seems to know who this wrestler is.

· Speaking of masked men, the Mid-South Coliseum was treated to one of the best masked wrestlers of all time. Mr. Wrestling II was JYD’s mystery partner and they defeated Reese and Ladd.

· The Ole/Lars Anderson feud seems to be heating up as Ole attacked Lars before Lars and Gene were to wrestle for the Mississippi Valley Tag Titles on Monday. Lars was injured in the attack and Gene had to wrestle alone. A match which he ultimately lost.

· Three tag teams that have remained undefeated here in CWA are the Commonwealth, Team O & A and the team of Mark Youngblood and Jules Strongbow. One of these teams may be in line for a title shot soon down the road.

Lance Russell: “Wow Dave some great things happening here in the CWA. What a show we have tonight but before we get to the ring, let’s welcome in The Rock N Roll Express.

Lance Russell: Well guys congratulations on beating the Japanese Assassins this past week but it seems that you have asked and been granted another match with the Assassins and this time the match will take place on a 25 foot scaffold. May I ask why you want another match when you have beaten them twice and why such a dangerous match?

Robert Gibson: The reason for the match is simple. We want to leave no doubt in the mind of Humperdink. When the ref disqualified them the first time for an illegal choke, he claimed the CWA was out to get him. The next time, he claimed that he was attacked by us and his men were distracted by the whole incident. All lies. Well this time we are going to kick the you know what out of those Japanese Assassins and he won’t be able to say or do anything about it.

Ricky Morton: That’s right Lance. You know as well as I do baby that he’s not climbing his big butt up 25 feet to interfere. That’s why the scaffold match was our idea. We know in a fair fight we will defeat the Assassins. It’s going to be a bit tense up there but it will be fun watching them fall!

Lance Russell: Well that will be a match to remember. Let’s get to the ring for our first bout.

Match #1: The Dirty White Boys vs Scott Ferris and Mark Savage

A match where the young team of Len Denton and Tony Anthony really look like they are coming together. They are quick and love to mix it up. The match ends with a Bucksnort Blaster on Mark Savage by Tony Anthony.

Lance Russell: Well guys, that was a great match but you must say that moving up the tag team division in the CWA is really tough. There are so many great teams.

Len Denton: That is true, between the Rock n Roll Express, The Commonwealth, The Japanese Assassins, Team O&A and so many others. I mean I could go on and on but Tony and I have much bigger fish to fry then just moving up the tag ranks.

Tony Anthony: That’s right brother! I have not forgotten what King Cobra did to me when he double crossed me in the ring. Cobra and the rest of Ladd’s goons, WE ARE COMING FOR YOU BE ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

Lance Russell: Well fans, those two seem to have a long memory and plan of revenge on their minds. We will be right back!

November 26: Jackson, TN at Jackson Coliseum

November 27: Jonesboro, Arkansas at the ASU Arena

November 28: Memphis, TN at the Mid-South Coliseum

November 29: Evansville, IN at the Soldiers & Sailors Coliseum

November 30: Louisville KY at the Louisville Gardens

December 1: Nashville TN at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds

December 2: Oxford, MS at Tadd Smith Stadium

Lance Russell: Welcome back fans, let’s get to our next match.

MATCH #2: Mark Youngblood and Jules Strongbow vs Sweet Daddy O and Burrhead Jones

As would be expected, Youngblood and Strongbow are just so good at the art of tag team wrestling and were able to use quick tags and double team moves to stay in control of the match. The end came when Youngblood nailed Jones with a fall down back body drop for the pin at 4:38.

When the match ended, the Mississippi Valley Tag Team Champions, Hacksaw Higgins and Moondog Moretti hit the ring and attack Youngblood and Strongbow. Strongbow and Youngblood were ready and a real brawl took place over the next few minutes until The Native Americans got the better of the champions who high tailed it back to the locker room.

Lance Russell: Well what was that all about?

Jules Strongbow: Lance, I have no idea but if they want a fight, Mark and I are ready. We will not sit back and wait to get attacked again.

Mark Youngblood: Moretti! Higgins! You two have no idea what you just started. We are proud people. We do not take lightly to your sneak attacks. We are warriors but we also fight for what is right. We understand the importance of respect. Next time we see you, you will learn to respect our culture. Those belts around your waists are our new goals!

Lance Russell: Well Higgins and Moretti may have just woke up Strongbow and Youngblood. They better be ready for a fight. Let’s get back to the ring!

MATCH #3: Big Red Reese vs Brian Adias

Reese, a member of Ladd’s Army, enters to a chorus of boos but it doesn’t matter to him as he controls the entire match. After a few minutes of destruction, he catches Adias with a huge shoulder block. This is followed up by a Holy Ghost Splash and that is all she wrote.

As ref, Paul Morton hits the mat to begin the count, the mysterious masked wrestler hits the ring and nails Reese with a huge right hand which appear to have a set of brass knuckles on. Reese rolls over and is out of it while Ref Paul Martin calls for the bell.

Your winner by DQ was Big Red Reese at 4:34.

The masked man salutes Reese in reference to Ladd’s Army and walks out of the ring.

Lance Russell: Well I do not know what to say but that is the third time that this masked wrestle has attacked a member of Ernie Ladd’s Army. I must say, he better be careful. If they catch him, I would not want to be in his shoes. We will be right back after this break.

Lance Russell: Well, Mr. Ladd, I must say I didn’t see that one coming.

Ernie Ladd: Russell, I really don’t want to hear any of your nonsense. If that masked man had any guts he would stay and fight. Don’t worry Memphis, we have our ideas of who it is and he will be taken care of in drastic ways. Nobody attacks us and gets away with it. Especially not one of these local yokels in Memphis. Anytime, anyplace, we can solve this one on one.

Lance Russell: You said you have some idea of who it is. Would you like to enlighten the fans of CWA of your thoughts.

Ernie Ladd: NO! When we make an example of him, we will take that cowardly mask off and show you white people that even today, your heroes hide behind masks.

Lance Russell: Well this is a situation we will have to keep our eyes on. Let’s get back to the ring.

Match #4: RODDY PIPER with JR FOLEY vs TOMMY LANE

JR. Foley leads Piper to the ring waving the flag of the British Commonwealth as the fans begin to boo. Piper, wearing his traditional kilt, enters the ring with the Bag Pipes playing Scotland the Brave. Even though Tommy Lane has had some good moments early on in his career, he is no match for Piper and his nastiness. After Lane was successful in catching Piper in a scoop slam, Piper decided to stop wasting time. He double eye gouged Lane which led to Ref Jerry Calhoun admonishing him. Foley saw this opportunity to jump on the apron and start to berate Calhoun. Calhoun turned his attention to Foley for just a second but that was enough time for Piper to hit Lane with a low blow. As Lane struggled to his feet, Piper hit him with a running knee lift and that was all she wrote.

Roddy Piper wins by pinfall in 5:45.

Lance Russell: Well this is a surprise. Mr. Piper what brings you to the CWA

JR FOLEY: What brings him to the CWA is me. I told you re-enforcements were coming. The Commonwealth is going to take over the Memphis Wrestling scene. I can’t stand how awful everything is here in America. You cheer for the average! You cheer for the Rock n Roll Express. You cheer for Jerry Lawler. Within just a short period of time, you all will learn what greatness is. The Commonwealth with be your tag champions and your AWA Southern Heavyweight Champion.

Roddy Piper: Mr. Russell, I want to tell you something. When the King of Wrestling calls, you listen. And by King, I mean the number 1 manager in the world. Mr. JR Foley. The man with more knowledge than a Webster’s dictionary! JR called me and said that there is someone impersonating a King! A man by the name of Jerry Lawler. JR asked me to join him here in the CWA and rid the area of the scum you call champion. You need a real man to be your champion. It is said that you can learn something new every day. Today, I want you uneducated Americans to learn that your King is nothing more than a has been. Better yet, a never was. You will see what a real man is like when I become your champion. The British Commonwealth will once again save an incompetent America.

Lance Russell: Gentlemen let’s try to keep the peace here tonight. I don’t wish for things to get out of hand.

Jerry Lawler: Don’t worry Lance. I just have a few words for Piper here. First things first. You call yourself a man but a man would not low blow another man just to gain an advantage. A real man would not attack another with a roll of quarters inside his fist after the other just wrestled for 30 minutes like you did to me after my World Title Bout. And most important, a real man would not be wearing a skirt!

Piper: Just a minute…

Lawler: Shut up Piper, I am not done. Lance, you asked for order. I must admit it is hard right now but I was raised correct by my mother. I can’t hit a women and anyone in my world that wears a skirt is a women!

Piper: Ok, ok,ok. You have had your say you uncultured redneck! This is a traditional Scottish kilt and you say I attacked you after your World Title match! What world title. That is just another arrogant American idea. You think if you win something in America that equals the best in the world. Just so you know, you lost a match to become champion of a small piece of America. Did you forget you just failed to win another world title a few weeks ago versus Hulk Hogan. This world champion and that world champion. This is all a bunch of nonsense. When I become champion here, I will bring the belt all over the British Commonwealth and act at least like a World Champion does instead of sitting on your thrown and asking the minions to come to you. And one last thing, if you are the King was your mother the Queen? I did hear she was the Madam at the Cat house down the street but did not know that made her a queen?

Lance Russell: Well you can never guess what is going to happen next here on CWA wrestling. While order is being restored and aid given to Jerry Lawler, we will take a break. As we go to break, take a look at the newest CWA Ratings.

A RANKINGS AS OF 11/18

3. Austin Idol 3. Moondog Moretti & Hacksaw Higgins

4. Stan Hansen 4. The Commonwealth

5. Junk Yard Dog 5. Jules Strongbow and Mark Younblood

6. Ernie Ladd CWA CHAMPIONS:

7. Lars Anderson 1. Southern Heavyweight Champ: Jerry Lawler

8. Plowboy Frazier 2. Southern Tag Team Champions: Rock N Roll Express

10. Porkchop Cash 4. CWA TV TITLE: Lars Anderson

5. MS Valley Tag Title: Moretti & Higgins

MATCH 5: TV TITLE MATCH: LARS ANDERSON VS PORKCHOP CASH

Lars Anderson is defending his TV title at less than 100% as he is still bothered by the shoulder that was injured at the hands of his brother last week at the Mid-South Coliseum. For this match anyway, Lars is the crowd favorite. Porkchop Cash and the fans seem to be on each other from the very first second he came out from the locker room. As for the match, Porkchop Cash was always one step ahead of Lars. Every time it looked like Lars was set to go on the attack, he was slowed by his injured arm. He was unable to throw punches when the match turned to a brawl and was unable to match Cash wrestling move for wrestling move because he was basically one handed. Cash was able to gain control of the match after a huge powerslam on Lars. It looked like we were about to have a new TV champ when Ole Anderson and the masked wrestler from before hit the ring. Ole climbed to the top rope and leaped off and landed a Top rope knee drop on Lars while the masked wrestler came in from behind and hit Cash over the back with a chair. Both men left as quickly as they came out but the damage was done. Ref Paul Morton called for the bell and declared the match a no contest. Ernie Ladd, steaming mad, came out and helped Cash to the back while Lars made his way to the interview desk.

Lance Russell: Well Lars, it seems that no matter how much you want to avoid fighting your brother Ole, it seems that he will not let you wrestle until you accept his challenge.

Lars Anderson: Ole, enough is enough. No matter how much I am trying not to fight my own flesh and blood, you are making it very difficult. I would hate to have to put our parents through something like this. They don’t deserve to see Andersons fighting Andersons on TV. While Ole doesn’t seem to care about family, I do. Ole is out for Ole and doesn’t care who else gets hurt by his actions. Even in this industry where you need to have others watch your back, he can count his friends on 1 hand. If he keeps up with his current trend, he is going to lose two more. I can’t take much more of his crap and I know Gene was upset on Monday when he costs us a tag team title! His only friend left may be Bill Ash and that is because they just meet.

Lance Russell: Speaking of Bill Ash, you meet him in the ring on Monday night.

Lars Anderson: That’s right. Ole can call him his new family but he’s no Anderson. He is going to feel the power and wrath of the greatest wrestling family in the world. Ash! Yu are going to feel the Anderson Armbar up real close and personal. I am going to put you out for getting involved in my business!

COMMERCIAL BREAK WITH PROMOS

Lance Russell: Well Iet me guess Sir Oliver Humperdink. You are finally happy as you may be on the verge of the AWA Southern Championship. .

Sir Oliver Humperdink: Pencil Nose, you would finally be correct. I mean Monday night, the House of Humperdink will become the AWA Southern Heavyweight Champion and The AWA Southern Tag Champions. The Rock n Roll Express do not know what they have gotten themselves into. A Scaffold match with my two men who are like ninjas. You have just cost yourselves at minimal the championships and more than likely your health. As far as Jerry Lawler goes. He might as well just hand over the belt before he gets hurt. I mean nobody can beat two of my men by themselves. On Monday night he will be none other than Plowboy Frazier and Tojo Yamamoto. Well he has nobody to be mad at but himself. He allowed an inferior wrestler to get in the ring with his future at stake. I mean did you see Austin Idol last Monday night. He was awful and because of that Lawler will lose his belt.

Austin Idol: I am so sick of your mouth Humperdink. Last week I did lose a match that has put my dear friend Jerry Lawler in some trouble but if you keep running your mouth about it, I am going to stick my foot up your you know what!

From out of nowhere comes Tojo Yamamoto and Plowboy Frazier and they put a beating on Austin Idol. Lawler rushes out to help his friend but he is no match for Yamamoto and Frazier by himself. He soon is met with the same fate as Idol. The House of Humperdink continue to beat Lawler and Idol until wrestlers and refs from the back come out and stop the attack.

Humperdink: Did you just watch that. Your champion was busted open in less than two minutes. He was flat on his back at the hands of my wrestlers. Do you think it will be any different Monday night? The championship is so close I can taste it!

Lance Russell: Well folks we are out of time tonight. Make sure to make it out to the Mid-South Coliseum on Monday night. It will be one to remember.

MONDAY AT THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

· JYD, Mr. Wrestling II and Troy Graham vs Ernie Ladd, Hacksaw Reed and Big Red Reese

· Roddy Piper vs Brian Adias

· Bill Ash vs Lars Anderson

· The Dirty White Boys vs King Cobra and Porkchop Cash

· Mississippi Valley Tag Title Match: Higgins/Moretti vs Jules Strongbow and Mark Youngblood

· Austin Idol and Superstar Graham vs The Commonwealth with JR Foley

· AWA Southern Tag Title: Rock n Roll Express vs The Japanese Assassins with Humperdink in a Scaffold Match

· AWA SOUTHERN TITLE MATCH: HANDICAP MATCH

JERRY “THE KING,” LAWLER vs Two Members of the House of Humperdink

CWA WRESTLING: MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

photo-thumb-39989.jpg?_r=1443898361 FROM THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM:

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 1983

MATCH 1: TOMMY LANE VS LUKE GRAHAM

A great opening match that pits two fan favorites against each other but it is not what you would expect from the fan favorites. Luke Graham has never found a rule he likes or follows but the fans support him because he is anti-Ernie Ladd. Graham tries to indoctrinate Lane in the art of brutal beatings and has a lot of success. He might have underestimated his younger opponent who ducks under a right hand and then follows that up with a sustained attack that included a sidewalk slam and a jumping leg drop that almost gained him the victory. After regaining his advantage, Luke turned Lane away from Ref Paul Morton and caught him with a Golden Spike, (a tapped thumb to the throat) and got the three count.

Luke Graham defeated Tommy Lane by pin at 9:21

MATCH 2: BILL ASH VS LARS ANDERSON

Lars Anderson has agreed to fight his brother’s tag partner but hopes that tonight he can avoid any confrontations with Ole. As the match starts, it seems that Bill Ash is trying to settle the score for Ole and is in total control of Lars. Lars still seems a bit slow after the attack from Ole last Monday. Ash is able to work that injured right arm of Lars and appears that he will be going for the Anderson Armbar but Lars is able to turn the tide after he ducked under an elbow from Ash and caught him with a shoulder block. Lars took complete control but before he could gain the advantage, Ole hit the ring and went after Lars. Ref Jerry Calhoun calls for the bell and disqualified Bill Ash due to the interference by Ole at 8:06. Ole and Ash attack Lars 2-1 and have their way with him. Gene Anderson rushed down to the ring and steps in to stop the attack on Lars. This really gets Ole angry and he starts yelling at Gene to get out of his way. Gene refuses and seems to be saying that you will have to go through me to get to Lars. Ole seems to have such respect for Gene that he turns to leave. After one step away, Ole turns and sucker punches Gene. Ash now attacks Gene and Ole goes back to work on Lars. The attack ends with Lars and Gene screaming in agony as they are both trapped in the Anderson Armbar. Ole has Lars and Bill Ash has Gene. Other referees and CWA officials rush to the ring and separate the wrestlers. Lars and Gene seem to be in pain but both should be ok after a little medical attention.

MATCH 3: MISSISSPIPPI VALLEY TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

MARK YOUNGBLOOD AND JULES STRONGBOW

VS

MOONDOG MORETTI AND HACKSAW HIGGINS

Both teams enter the match undefeated in the CWA and their paths crossed this past Saturday on TV as the champs, Higgins and Moretti attacked Strongbow and Youngblood. The champions enter to a chorus of boos but they don’t seem to care. Moretti comes to the ring wearing studded wrist guards and a studded dog color. I guess his name is in full effect tonight.

The challengers enter to a loud ovation as they too are decked out. Both Strongbow and Youngblood are wearing traditional Indian Headdresses and high wool boots. As the match starts, the challengers take control. They combine quick tags with a large repertoire of double teaming moves to keep the champs off balance. Mark Youngblood hits Higgins with a running front kick and then scoops him up for a fall down back body drop. As he goes for the pin, Moretti enters and makes the save but Strongbow also enters the ring. Four the next 3 minutes all 4 men are in the ring battling. After throwing Strongbow thru the ropes, Moretti goes to the corner and gets his studded wrist guards. While Higgins and Youngblood are doing battle, Moretti comes up from behind and nails Mark with the wrist guard. Youngblood goes down and Moretti proceeds to rake the studded guards across the forehead of Youngblood who is now wearing a crimson mask. Ref Jerry Calhoun calls for the bell and disqualifies the champions. Again, wrestlers and refs rush in from the back to break up the brawl.

Mark Youngblood and Jules Strongbow are declared your winners by DQ at 11:31 but Higgins and Moretti retain the championship

MATCH 4: THE DIRTY WHITE BOYS VS KING COBRA AND PORKCHOP CASH

This is the one Tony Anthony has been waiting for. It’s his chance to get even with King Cobra, his former tag team partner who turned on him and joined Ladd’s Army. Cobra and Cash play games on who is going to start the match. For the Dirty White Boys it is Tony Anthony. This seems to be what Ladd’s Army wanted as they start Porkchop Cash who has a size advantage now. The 265 pound Cash uses his weight advantage to gain the momentum. From here it is a series of quick tags that allows them to keep the advantage. King Cobra whipped Anthony into the ropes but Anthony hooks his arms around the ropes which causes Cobra to miss a flying headscissors. From there it was a tag out to Len Denton. Denton might be young but he is all fight. He cleans house and both members of Ladd’s Army end up on the floor. Denton follows out and now all four wage war out on the concrete. Porkchop Cash is having his way with Tony Anthony by the ramp that leads to the ring while King Cobra has just slammed Denton with a dropkick which caused him to fall into the steel barricade between the wrestlers and the fans.

The crowd begins to roar as that masked wrestler who has terrorized Ladd’s Army of late rushed to ringside with a chair. He begins to swing the chair at Cash who doesn’t see him. Just before the chair was to crash into Cash’s head, King Cobra hits a flying dropkick right into the chair which smashes right into the masked man’s face. Cash picks up the chair and begins to hit the masked man over and over again in the back of the head while King Cobra repeatedly kicks him in the ribs. Denton has re-entered the ring as the legal man. Referee Jerry Calhoun reaches 10 and has counted out Ladd’s Army. The Dirty White Boys are your winners at 13:45. The Dirty White Boys go out and once again attack Cash and Cobra. This allows the masked man to basically crawl to the back of the arena and escape further abuse. This is the first time any of Ladd’s man have been able to turn the tables on this masked man.

MATCH 5: ROWDY RODDY PIPER with JR FOLEY VS BRIAN ADIAS

JR Foley, who is quickly becoming the most hated man in the CWA, leads the cocky and brash Rowdy Roddy Piper to the ring while the bag pipes play Scotland the Brave. JR Foley is in the faces of the fans as he comes to the ring, screaming and pointing at the flag of the British Commonwealth. Brian Adias is already in the ring and must be a little concerned with his upcoming bout. Adias has been up and down of late but he has not wrestled many men the caliber of Piper.

As the bell sounds, it is obvious the Piper is going to make an example of Adias. He uses a series of legal and illegal moves, from eye gouges to knee lifts to face ripping to a massive British Bull dog. Adias is just being tortured. After each move, Piper covers him only to pull him up after a count of two. After an Irish Whip on Adias, Piper catches him in a sleeper and Adias soon goes out. Ref Paul Morton calls for the bell at 7:42 but Piper refuses to break the hold. Foley comes into the ring and Foley and Morton proceed to have a screaming match. Morton threatens to reverse the decision and finally Piper breaks the sleeper. Foley and Piper continue to laugh and celebrate and scream out things about weak Americans. Morton again warns Piper that he is responsible to wake up Adias. Piper just laughs and takes the flagpole and gives Adias a good whack which jolts him back from his nap! Piper and Foley make a good team. One more pompous then the other. CWA better watch out for this combo!

MATCH 6: AUSTIN IDOL AND SUPERSTAR GRAHAM VS THE COMMONWEALTH with JR FOLEY

The fans are really hoping that Idol and Graham can put a stop to the Commonwealth after what they just saw with Piper, they are really tired of Foley’s antics. Butch Miller and Lumberjack seem to thrive on Foley’s confidence. Idol begins the match and you can see he is back to the regular Austin Idol and last week was just a fluke when he wrestled so poorly against the House of Humperdink. Tonight he is all over Butch Miller and Lumberjack Pierre. The same goes for Superstar Graham once he was tagged in. Foley tried to turn the momentum when he got up on the apron and distracted Graham long enough for Pierre to catch him with a forearm to the head. This knocked him off balance. Pierre followed that up with a big legdrop but when he went for the pin, Idol rushed in to make the save. As the ref forced Idol out of the ring, Miller and Pierre used the time to illegally double team Superstar with a battering ram. (Higgins held Miller’s head and rushed at Graham’s abdominal region knocking the wind out of him.) Again, Idol rushed in for the save.

The last momentum change came after Idol was legally tagged in and rushed at Butch Miller who was on the apron and knocked him to the floor. He followed that up with a huge right hand to Pierre which knocked him to the canvass. Idol scooped up Pierre and nailed him with a piledriver. This was an illegal move in the CWA and ref Jerry Calhoun called for the bell disqualifying Idol and Graham but the crowd did not care. They loved seeing The Commonwealth down. Butch Miller rushed in to try and help his partner but before he reached Lumberjack Pierre, he was caught in a Superstar Bearhug. He was in a world of pain and again the crowd loved it. JR Foley was still on the outside of the ring going crazy. He wanted so bad to help his men but thought it wiser to stay on the floor. Graham and Idol left to the rousing approval of the fans while JR Foley screamed at Jerry Calhoun like it was his fault.

The Commonwealth won by DQ at 19:56.

MATCH 7: JYD, MR WRESTLING II AND TROY GRAHAM

VS

ERNIE LADD, HACKSAW REED AND BIG RED REESE

Ladd’s Army enters the ring first with the speakers blasting “Another One Bites the Dust.” The crowd can’t stand Ladd and his men for all their racist ideas but they are furious that Ladd has the nerve to still JYD’s music. They should not be surprised as just a few weeks ago, Ladd tried to steal Jerry Lawler’s crown and title “King of the CWA.”

After Ladd’s men reach the ring, the same music begins to blast and this time the fans are going wild. JYD and Mr. Wrestling II come to the ring but they appear to be alone. Where is Troy Graham? I mean all the people in the arena want Ladd to lose but if there is anyone who wants revenge it is Troy Graham. JYD and II explain to the ref that Graham is not here yet and that the match will begin 3-2.

As the match begins, a complete brawl takes place. JYD holds his own and has the fans going wild with his dog like antics. He catches Ladd with a series of head-butts and is able to take control. Mr. Wrestling II was also in control of the match in his first turn in the ring. He actually had a near pin on Reed after a Million Dollar Knee life but Reese came crashing down on him with his 410 pounds to make the save. From there, the man advantage just proved too much. After working JYD over in their corner, Reed Gorilla Press slammed him and went for the cover. Mr. Wrestling II made the save but now Ladd and Reese worked on him. Ladd connected with a Big Boot which sent II outside the ring. JYD was still down from the slam when Reed tagged in Reese. Reese connected with a Holy Ghost Splash on JYD and that was all she wrote.

Ladd’s Army won by pinfall at 18:23.

MATCH 8: AWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

JERRY LAWLER VS TOJO YAMAMOTO AND PLOWBOY FRAZIER with Sir Oliver Humperdink

This match is the result of Austin Idol being pinned by the House of Humperdink last week. Jerry Lawler enters to the cheers of his fans but even they believe this to be hopeless. The House of Humperdink has chosen Frazier and Yamamoto in this 2-1 match. The two of them plus Sir Oliver Humperdink seem rather smug on their way to the ring. They are verbally abusing the entire arena as the walk to the ring.

As the match starts, its Lawler vs Frazier. The first few minutes see Lawler on the attack but it takes a great deal of energy to take the 475 pounder off his feet. This was accomplished by a few kicks to the knees that hobbled Frazier followed by what seemed to be 10 stiff right hands. Once Lawler had him on the ground, he went to work with a series of elbow drops. Yamamoto had seen enough and rushed into the ring and literally jumped on Lawler’s neck. While ref Paul Morton forced Yamamoto out of the ring, this tactic had given Frazier enough time to recover. He now made a legal tag and now the most hated wrestler in the entire world starts to maniacally attack Lawler. Everything from punches and kick followed by a few chops and even a little biting had Lawler in some trouble. Tojo had many attempts at gaining a submission with is famous stomach claw but Lawler would never give up. Frustrated, he tagged Frazier back in. Frazier continued the attack for a few more minutes before one last tag. Yamamoto held Lawler as Frazier hit the ropes and rushed at Lawler for a huge squash. Lawler broke free of Yamamoto at the last second and Plowboy hit his own partner by mistake. Yamamoto flew through the ropes as a stunned Frazier and a stunned Humperdink looked on in shock. Lawler quickly capitalized with a drop kick on Frazier followed by a top rope fist drop for the victory.

Jerry Lawler was victorious by pinfall at 17:56.

MATCH 9: AWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

ROCK n ROLL EXPRESS vs THE JAPANESE ASSASSINS with Sir Oliver Humperdink

SCAFFOLD MATCH

There is a bit of a break in the action as workers erect the 25 foot scaffold. The Japanese Assassins are first to the ring and they seem a little hesitant to climb the 25 foot scaffold to the top. Sir Oliver Humperdink looks up but he doesn’t seem to care about the well- being of his men and demands they get to the top. Reluctantly, Magic Dragon and Goro Tsurami begin the ascent.

The speakers begin to blast, “Rock n Roll All Night” and the crowd goes wild. Robert Gibson and Ricky Morton also seem a bit nervous but quickly take their place atop the scaffold.

The rules are simple, when both members of one team reach the floor, the other team wins.

As the match starts, Gibson and Magic Dragon carefully make their way to the center of the ladders that join the two sides of the scaffold. They lock up collar and elbow. As they do this, Morton quickly crawls between both of their legs and is on Goro in a second. The teams continue to battle for a number of minutes but most of this is from a sitting position so they have a wide base for balance. Morton was able to catch Goro with an enzuguri kick which knocked him off balance. Goro ended up dangling from the side of one of the ladders and Ricky simple stomps on his hands until he lets go. Goro falls the 25 feet to the ring and appears to have hurt his ankle. Sir Oliver Humperdink is irate and begins to kick and scream. Magic Dragon begins to descend down the scaffold and it is hard to tell if he is quitting or hiding. Robert Gibson is in hot pursuit of him. Ricky Morton begins to come across the ladders like he is on the monkey bars when he was a kid. Magic Dragon sees this as a chance to at least take out one member of the Rock n Roll Express and starts to monkey bar at Ricky. They meet in the middle and begin to make giant swings at each other. Both were landing some heavy kicks to the chest of their opponent. Gibson is still in hot pursuit of Dragon and is monkey barring behind him. Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson are now alternating kicks on Magic Dragon. Ricky is hitting him in the chest and when he sways the other way, Robert is kicking him in the back. After about 3 rounds of this, Magic Dragon crashes to the ring. The Rock n Roll Express are the winners. At 15:21. Ricky and Robert careful monkey bar back across and descend to the ring as the crowd gives them a huge ovation.

Sir Oliver Humperdink thought he was leaving with both major titles tonight and goes home empty handed.

The dreaded SCAFFOLD MATCH! Always a fun gimmick to get some guys to risk life and limb. With Piper, JYD, Wrestling II, Butch Reed, Lawler, and the accompaniment of others, Memphis has turned into a powerhouse over night. A great group of talent with good placement. The continued story-telling of these individuals intertwining with one another will end up being the true story of how it all goes down and how Lawler holds his crown here with some great tough competitors around him. Throw in the Rock and Roll Express and you've got the makings of a tag division to be reckoned with. The draft will suit you well to put the finishing pieces in this puzzle.