Pro Wrestling Only

Remade Poll

dawho5

Moving Forward  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do we handle drop-out promotions?

• Absorption into the decided territory
    • General Draft
    • General Draft/Dummy Promotion as necessary to allow new writers
    • Other
    • Pass
  2. 2. Should inactivity be grounds for closure?

• Yes, if a promotion is a month behind they are closed regardless of how often the promoter posts in the folder
    • Yes, if the promoter disappears for a month without contact
    • No
  3. 3. Should there be a roster cap and what size?

• No roster cap
    • 32 and 2 managers
    • 34 and 2 managers
    • 36 and 2 managers
    • 38 and 2 managers
    • 40-45 and 2 managers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it did end up at 32 and 2, LowBlow would have to drop 2 and 1. I imagine they'd be jobbers and the Grand Wizard. Not huge losses either way when you look at it. Since nobody is lining up to take up these promotions there is no saying it would have to happen right now anyway.

We have several ideas presented so far on the dummy promotions.

1. Full roster promotion just sitting there waiting.

2. Champions staying inactive with a free agent list.

3. Full free agent list that any incoming promotion can pick from.

I added the idea of an option for people to trade with the free agency pool with a heavy majority of the other writers needed to sign off on the trade.

What are the general thoughts on this?

We have several ideas presented so far on the dummy promotions.

1. Full roster promotion just sitting there waiting.

2. Champions staying inactive with a free agent list.

3. Full free agent list that any incoming promotion can pick from.

I added the idea of an option for people to trade with the free agency pool with a heavy majority of the other writers needed to sign off on the trade.

What are the general thoughts on this?

1. I don't think it's healthy to have a full roster sit there.

2. Makes its more appealing for a new writer to know they have a corner stone and won't have to put the type on TG Stone or some clown like that.

3. The free agents list should have enough to build a promotion with.

No one is going to drop anything good in free agents though. If I gotta trim my roster for a cap it's going to be guys like Bulldog Brower and Moose Morowski.

This is why just leaving dummy promotions with their intact rosters is a more feasible way of getting in new writers because no one is ever going to leave anything of REAL value in the free agent pool.

Why are worrying about getting new promotions when we have 1 (probably 2) promotions dead and ready to be picked up?

I'm more concerned about keeping the current participants active in this thing. But right now we are closer than ever to just having dedicated writers and no extra fluff.

Let's just worry about our current members and forget about trying to attract new people. One of the reasons we are where we are is because we let 19 people start and half have dropped out. Keep it exclusive to people who are going to work at this.

Gotta agree with Beast this whole thing of trying to somehow re-open all the dead promotions is going WAY too far. Just leave the IWF alone and that can be the one open promotion someone gets if they want to come in. No one has jumped in yet after the call for new writers.

Why can't we just leave the whole roster there? It's one roster. There are still 11 others (Southeastern, Southwest, WWA, WWC, WCCW, JCP, Mid-South, ICW, Florida, Memphis, Montreal) that are active in PMs to do deals with. Treat it as a phantom promotion that's still running and we're just not getting the results of if that makes it more palatable.

There was also the option of using WWC and All Star, while they are dormant, as the "dummy promotions". No saying that we can't continue on that course until other options are needed. No need to kick anyone out and the workers are there to trade for if the need arises. We can still run dummy promotions on those two and put the IWF and (if he's out) Stampede rosters up for grabs if that ends up being the preference.

To just put it out there, the biggest issue I have with the "dummy promotions" is the idea that Magnum TA (who has limited time in his career) and Barry Windham type guys not being used at all during this "down time." I may be the in the minority on that, but these guys are true stars and it kind of stinks we don't get to see them work anywhere.

I don't even think that Boricua and Wahoo should be counted right now as the dummy promotions considering they are still taking PMs and doing deals and at least saying they're gonna get caught up. I'm working out a deal with Wahoo right now.

I'm trying to present options. My goal is not for any one thing to happen. My goal is a solution that we can all at least openly see was come to by a vote. If the option to use dummy promotions alongside dispersion drafts wins, I am not above doing another poll to determine what our setup on dummy promotions is. What I want is something solid to work from in the future, preferably something that leads to more stability than we've had. If you don't like options that have been presented, put something on the table that you think would work. Nothing said so far is in any way final or the only way we can do things. Yes, there are 15 of us and it makes things difficult. It's just something we have to work through and figure out. Pretending like it will work fine going forward if we leave it alone seems like a dead end at this point. So can we try to figure out a way to make it work?

I'm so tired of constantly arguing over this shit because a couple people wanna act like vultures and try to do anything they can do get MORE STARS~! on their roster. This game isn't TEW it was never supposed to be like TEW. If you want to have unfettered access to every talent in the game then just go play TEW and when you want someone in another promotion just edit the dates left on their contract down to 1 so it makes negotiations easier.

Votes cast. Back to writing now. Hopefully something can be enacted for the overall productivity of the group.

And Goc, I know that statement was pointed at me and others who are interested in expansion. I am not going to apologize for wanting to evolve this project and do a little bit more than run a small territory. Mid South has grown since I got it and I just want to keep it moving forward. I don't have any interest in becoming National or Global, just want to do a little more that others.

You have some good points which I have agreed with, but your overall argumentative attitude towards someone's opinion that is opposite of yours is pretty frustrating.

I have a question ... expansion into what?

Is this supposed to work as the territorial system with each promotion running a certain area or is this something more? To me, it looks like that was what was originally mapped out. Is there something more that I am missing?

Are there no rules in place already laying out how this all works? Is there one person in charge who had laid the groundwork. If no one is in charge and everyone gets an equal say, nothing will ever get done and any time something out of the ordinary pops up, you'll be back in this situation. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

If you want to look at different systems, look at NWA-Revived, Wrestling Classics or Atomic Giants and how they do things.

There were rules, but it's becoming obvious they don't work and a lot of them are unpopular with at least half of the promotions. I hoped maybe a vote would push the issue to the point where we decided something as a group. There has never really been anyone in charge. KrisZ always had the wrestler debuts/retirements, etc. covered. Otherwise things were decided by committee. Only thing is, cooperation seems to be extremely difficult of late and nothing gets solved.

Is this supposed to work as the territorial system with each promotion running a certain area or is this something more? To me, it looks like that was what was originally mapped out.

Yep, that's exactly what it was supposed to be. The problem is we have one person who keeps trying to change the rules to suit their expansion desires.

I guess the easiest way I can explain what "expansion" means is looking at the tiered system of the Territories. You had the big ones with JCP, WWF, and AWA. They were just a level up from some of the smaller territories that ran. Look at something like a Memphis, ICW, WWA, All Star, Portland, and Central States. These promotions, while they had their finer points were smaller territories that ran in their areas and did it well. I do like the idea of keeping everything under a umbrella, but to keep everyone at the same level doesn't seem right. I am not proposing a WWF take over and death of territories, but like the system worked out in real life, there were some territories bigger than others. Some territories had bigger stars than others. Some territories ran more shows that others. Some territories were just bigger than others. That is just my push is to allow that to happen organically, rather than putting barriers on that. No need for a national or global style promotion in this world we've created, simply some promotions being bigger than others.

I know there is resistance to this, it is simply an opinion. The biggest point to be made out of all this is that some opinions aren't welcomed, which kind of stinks. So it is what it is.

I want people who voted yes on the inactivity question to explain what inactivity means to them. Because if we're talking about Flyin Brian type inactivity of totally disappearing and not signing into the board for over a month, why are we voting on that? No one argued that his promotion should be saved for him until/if he came back.

Are you just essentially voting that Wahoos Leg and/or El Boricua should be kicked out for not posting shows?

I voted no because it's not defined and I don't want either of those guys to be kicked out when they are at least still participating on some level, especially when there is no one to take their place.