Pro Wrestling Only

Gordon Solie and the Florida/Georgia split

dawho5

So there has been a question raised and I don't want it to distract from CWF's thread. Solie now appears to be working for rival factions due to Boon's expansion. Several questions come up. Is Southeastern going to continue running in Georgia or is it going to go dark for a time? Where should Solie go? These are not questions I am prepared or equipped to answer, nor do I have a horse in the race. I just don't want to see the promotion thread derailed.

If we agree and Georgia goes dark, then I think there needs to be champions with it, I purpose Jake Roberts and Shadow Riders.

I'll be a little pissed that 2 weeks of planning goes down the drain, but I'm only a week into Georgia and only Buzz is sticking around for the time being.

We also need to create the WWF as free with champions and possibly Central States and Portland. Maple Leaf was 1 town territory so probably doesn't needed to be added to the list.

So free territories as it stands for new writers

Central States

Portland

Georgia

WWF

And maybe

California as a territory

Mexico

If they go dark, each will need a tag team champion and heavyweight champion.

But needs to be sorted asap because if I'm dropping Georgia (I happy with just Southeastern, and just as happy with Georgia too).

I haven't used a lot of the Georgia guys so will edit out the Georgia stuff, but I everything else will have to stand, even the AWA stuff...

I don't anticipate quick. We are going to need a heavy majority of the active promotions to weigh in on the polls as well as put in their thoughts on the other issues. That's going to take a few days to sort out.

Edit: This is a big part of the reason why I don't care for the constant need for these things. People make plans that have to be changed multiple times. It's not something that we should expect people to deal with on a regular basis.

So now I gotta go back and re-do my shit too and retcon that The Texas Dynasty didn't have the National Tag Titles? I don't like this retcon stuff at all. This is just too much trying to "fix" what was done instead of just moving forward with new rules.

So now I gotta go back and re-do my shit too and retcon that The Texas Dynasty didn't have the National Tag Titles? I don't like this retcon stuff at all. This is just too much trying to "fix" what was done instead of just moving forward with new rules.

I agree especially if I have to give up Vince McMahon Jr now that we are re-incarnating the WWF. If that were the case I would drop Watts and open up the WWF with Vince and my roster and then we wouldn't have the North East problem.

I just have zero understanding of what the point of this is. The whole Georgia thing already went down we shouldn't be going BACKWARDS to change shit that already happened. Make new rules for what is going to happen in the future.

We already had the mergers of Portland/Vancouver, Central States/WWA, WWF/Montreal and Georgia/Southeastern. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

I just have zero understanding of what the point of this is. The whole Georgia thing already went down we shouldn't be going BACKWARDS to change shit that already happened. Make new rules for what is going to happen in the future.

We already had the mergers of Portland/Vancouver, Central States/WWA, WWF/Montreal and Georgia/Southeastern. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

I second this.

I understand your point. If a promotion pops up in New York it will be a new promotion. Same for Georgia. I am all in favor of people starting up in Arizona or California. There is a reason there is a poll in the other thread. We can get an idea of what the majority of people in the project want.

Why do Georgia and Florida have to even be treated as "rival" factions? Seems like their owners are getting along just fine to me.

AWA & NWA World Champions would sometimes work on the same card. There is too much being made of a NWA vs. AWA "feud" that's not really there. In this game or in real life.

Why do Georgia and Florida have to even be treated as "rival" factions? Seems like their owners are getting along just fine to me.

AWA & NWA World Champions would sometimes work on the same card. There is too much being made of a NWA vs. AWA "feud" that's not really there. In this game or in real life.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that there was an issue, it just seemed odd with all the events that went down that an individual of Solie's stature would be on both shows. Simply a question.

Then why even have NWA and AWA?

What is the point of them? What is the point of leaving the NWA to go to the AWA?

I'm not proposing that they are enemies because I'm working with multiple AWA members right now, but what is the point?

The reason I reacted so strongly to the "defection" of Southeastern is because it seemed like a shot to start something. Georgia absorbed another NWA promotion and all of a sudden TBS is home to AWA and NWA is out in the cold?

Why not just have us all be in the same group then?

If that's the holdup, then we should just be the NWA/AWA or something and have two champions like WWF was with NWA.

Two touring champs who sometimes meet in huge matchups like the American League and National League do in the World Series.

Seriously, why would Gordon Solie work for the NWA and AWA if they are separate units?