Pro Wrestling Only

GOOKERS~!

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Be sure to check out Wrestlecrap for worst in wrestling nominees.

I felt the need to vote for the Kane/Lita/Edge/Hardy angle cause pretty much anything involving Kane these days annoys me.

Guest Famous Mortimer

I remember back in the early days before it got taken down for the first time when WCW was still going, and it had all sorts of useful and fun information on it. I've not visited the site in years, but I don't really have any desire to any more- like Mad Dog said, WWE has been producing far too much crap in recent years for the word to have any real meaning anymore.

Guest EastCoastJ

It was kind of funny at first just because in the infancy of the internet you didn't see anything like it, but years later hearing the guy in books, on the radio and on his website making the same tired joke about the Gobbledy Gooker time after painful time just ceased being funny. I can't even find humor in the Gooker anymore. Plus it's just exhausting to hear some tool yell "WRESTLECRAP!" everytime something remotely not perfect happens in wrestling these days.

RD Reynolds really should have used his platform to turn legitimate a year or two ago, because aside from the WCW book which Alvarez obviously carried and Meltzer obviously indirectly wrote, I don't think he has ever said anything relevant or interesting besides "look at the wrestler in the funny costume".

To me the problem with the site was that when it started RD was doing all the stuff in a good, light hearted spirit. It was all in fun. Then sometime in 2001 he started to get real snippy and sarcastic. I know it was in big part to the product becoming stale and the sharp decline in quality, but it killed the site. I remember being in college and going to the site at the computer lab and spending like an hour and a half going through all the gimmicks I had grown up on in the WWF. The site was a success because of nostalgia and the fun aspect. RD killed the site with all his HHH/Steph rants because people didn't want to come to the site to see that stuff, they wanted to laugh at the gimmicks they grew up on.