Pro Wrestling Only

Old School Interest

goodhelmet

I was talking to Loss about this and i was concerned about the lack of discussion when it comes to old school wrestling. To be honest, anytime a topic comes up talking about older territories or even early WCW, there is usually a tepid response. We had a decent Mid South thread going for awhile but that was me, Loss, Tim Cooke and sek ramblin on. For awhile, it was just me and Loss posting our match reviews. EastCoastJ brought up World Class recently and that thread went nowhere also.

So, would anyone like to hear more old school talk or am I the only one?

The Old School post are my favourite posts on any wrestling message board. I hope in the New Year to get the Mid-South and Memphis that Barnett has. I'd try to get into tape trading, but work doesn't leave me much time for dubbing and the VQ for most of my stuff isn't that great.

One of the main reasons I like this board is that there is talk about old school stuff discussed by some hardcore fans. I love to see people spread their passion for the product and see if it spreads.

Even if it's Memphis which I currently do not like I will want to read it. That's why I'm looking forward to the best match project - to see if my mind will change.

I talked some here about Benoit vs Johnny Smith in the hopes that I could spread the love of their work around. Even though I don't believe I got any responses I know people read what wrote and hopefully I planted a curiosity seed in their head that will blossom in the future and force them to watch their said work. There's point to that just like there's point to anyone talking about oldschool wrestling. If nobody talks about it at all than nobody gets interested and nothing happens. Great work goes unaccomplished and that's a negative from anyone's book.

On smarkschoice the love for Benoit and Smith managed to spread some. If I say had never written anything there maybe those matches would've been missed. And here once the best match project gets underway that love will be hopefully spread just a little bit more.