Scarlet-Left

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30/10/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Dayton, Ohio

The show opens with a new intro package; it highlights the four horsemen, the Giant and the women’s division, with interspersed clips from light heavyweight matches (along with a few from Asahi Pro) and ends with footage of Bret Hart walking down the entrance ramp.

Eric Bischoff: “Hello, everybody, I’m Eric Bischoff and this is world championship wrestling!”

Steve McMichael: “Yeah, baby!”

Eric Bischoff: “A controversial ending at last night’s Halloween Havoc, leads us straight into what’s sure to be an explosive edition of Monday nitro!”

Steve McMichael: “Ric Flair’s got some ‘slpaining to do, baby!”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, please!”

Eric Bischoff: *handsome smile* “Aha ha, gentlemen, please. With me as ever, Steve ‘Mongo’ McMichael…”

Steve McMichael: “It’s a pleasure to be here!”

Eric Bischoff: “... and the president of world championship wrestling, Bobby ‘the Brain’ Heenan!”

Bobby Heenan: “... Huh?”

Eric Bischoff: *false laughter* “Well, without further ado, let’s get on with the show!”

Opening Match: The Black Tiger pins Brian Pillman in forty two minutes and eighteen seconds (including two commercial breaks), and wins the world light heavyweight championship.

Eric Bischoff: “What have we just witnessed?”

Bobby Heenan: “Uh… uh - nothing. We’ve - Pillman shouldn’t have been put in this position!”

Eric Bischoff: “What position?”

Bobby Heenan: “We, he’d just come from two gruelling matches last night, for one”

Steve McMichael: “Same as the tiger.”

Bobby Heenan: “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were managing the touring schedule. You know how many dates Pillman’s had to cover this past week?”

Steve McMichael: “No, but I know an excuse when I hear one!”

Eric Bischoff: “Sorry to interrupt you, gentlemen, but I’m being alerted of a development in the men’s locker room. ‘Mean’ Gene, are you there?”

Gene Okerlund: “... absolute pandemonium here Eric!”

Gene is off-camera, occasionally bopping into frame, as the cameraman tries to manoeuvre his way into the locker room.

There’s an overturned table and two semi-naked men either side of it making noises and wielding steel chairs.

The Giant: “You think I’m afraid of you, little man?!”

The Warrior: “You should be afraid of me!”

Warrior lobs his chair at the Giant, who bats it away with his own, and then lunges over the table for him. He knocks the big guy to the ground and starts wailing on him. Soon enough, Alexandra York comes rushing in, looking conspicuous in her business suit.

She yells something that the camera doesn’t quite pick up, and starts trying to pull the Warrior away. He instinctively pushes back and sends her crashing into the upturned table. The small of her back connects with the edge and she shrieks out in pain.

The Warrior turns around at the noise and seems to freak out. The Giant, back up and back in frame, with blood streaming from his forehead, pulls him into a headlock and doesn’t let go. The footage cuts out once the whole room has been filled with referees, security guards and doctors and neither man can be seen.

Second Match: Stars & Stripes (the Patriot and Marcus Bagwell) defeat Harlem Heat (Stevie Ray and Booker T), with Sherri Martel, in seventeen minutes and fifty two seconds (including a commercial break).

Promotional Package: A video plays hyping up the ‘World War 3’ match concept, along with the venue details and information on advanced ticket perks. It highlights Jushin Thunder Liger, the Giant and the Black Tiger, prominently, among others.

Third Match: Johnny Ace and Akira Hokuto defeat Jackie Fulton and Malia Hosaka in fifthteen minutes and forty eight seconds (including a commercial break).

PPV Recap: A video plays recapping the finishes of each match at ‘Halloween Havoc’, ending on the controversy in the main event.

Steve McMichael: “So, what was that all about, Bobby?”

Bobby Heenan: “I’m glad you asked. I talked to Flair last night, after the show and he told me Arn spotted a welt on his back. We’ve been talkin’ to the doctors this morning. It’s nothing serious, but they say Arn made the right call.”

Steve McMichael: “What a crock of -”

Eric Bischoff: “Oh, ho, ho. Alright, gentlemen.”

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Lex Luger pins Alex Wright in fourteen minutes and twenty two seconds.

And, we’re off the air.

04/11/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Orlando, Florida

Opening Match: Manami Toyota pins Malia Hosaka in seventeen minutes and eight seconds.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hotline Promo: Gene Okerlund hosts a segment, shilling the hotline. “Is Madusa considering retirement from world championship wrestling? Is the Black Tiger’s identity somehow related to the disappearance of the Renegade?”

Second Match: Brian Pillman defeats Alex Wright and Mascara Magica, in a triangle match, in twenty two minutes and thirty nine seconds (including a commercial break).

Main Event: Arn Anderson and Lex Luger defeat the Fantastics (Bobby Fulton & Tommy Rogers) in ten minutes and fifty one seconds.

And, we’re off the air.

06/11/1995

WCW Monday Nitro

Jacksonville, Florida

Opening Match: Manami Toyota pins Akira Hokuto in twenty three minutes and fifty seconds (including a commercial break).

Promotional Package: A video plays advertising the venue details for ‘World War 3’ and hyping up the three-ring battle royale match concept.

Second Match: Arn Anderson and Lex Luger defeat Stars & Stripes (Marcus Bagwell and the Patriot) in thirty eight minutes and fifteen seconds (including two commercial breaks).

Music Video: A video plays dedicated to the four horsemen, and Brian Pillman in particular, calling him the ‘star of ninety six’.

Hype Video: A video plays promoting saturday’s coming main event. It’s title versus title; the Warrior versus the Giant!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: Brian Pillman pins the Black Tiger in thirty six minutes and forty three seconds (including a commercial break), after interference from Ric Flair, to recapture the world light heavyweight title.

Post-Match Pandemonium: Sting makes his surprise return, taking the fight to Pillman and Flair. The altercation descents into a massive brawl when Luger and Anderson come rushing in, chased by Stars & Stripes.

And, we’re off the air.

11/11/1995

WCW Saturday Night

Orlando, Florida

First Match: Manami Toyota and Malia Hosaka defeat Bull Nakano and Akira Hokuto in twenty four minutes and eleven seconds (including a commercial break).

Promotional Package: A video plays advertising Asahi Pro Wrestling, hyping up an upcoming pull-out in WCW magazine spotlighting its roster and lauding Bret Hart and Davey Boy for their achievements.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Main Event: The Giant pins the Warrior in eleven minutes and forty nine seconds, to become the world television champion.

Video Package: A video plays hyping up monday’s main event, Sting and the Black Tiger going up against Ric Flair and Brian Pillman.

And we’re off the air.