Pro Wrestling Only

Miguel Perez Jr. vs. Super Black Ninja (Hair vs. Hair) (5/21/88)

El Boricua

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy brawl to start. This is trippy as fuck at first because the video is so dark and Muta is wearing the all black gi so it looks like Perez is fighting a shadow. Crowd is hot as fuck. Great dropkick by Perez. I like the way Muta sells walking around with his arms up. Great punches by Perez. This is a lot of fun early on. After getting his butt kicked, Muta makes a comeback kicking Perez on a backdrop attempt. Muta starts in with his great chops and this spills outside right away. Perez gets the upperhand again but Muta cuts him off back in the ring. Muta continues to command the match and starts hitting some cool stuff like an Atomic Drop and Leg Drop in addition to his usual chops and kicks. Awesome rolling bridging pin attempt thingiy by Muta. He mixes some real flash shit in between nerve holds and sleepers. Perez makes his comeback off a lowblow which is such an awesome standard comeback spot. Perez hits a beautiful powerslam and back suplex. Really fun match.

• 1 year later...

I liked this match a LOT. Good brawling after a surprisingly great dropkick from Perez. Perez's punch/clothesline to the back of Muta's head off the ropes looked nasty from that camera angle. They both bust out some really good offense for nearfalls, but that Perez powerslam was incredible. I liked Perez taking advantage of early moves to go for the pin too. In a one fall hair vs. hair you should be looking for the win early and often.

• 1 year later...

This didn't do a whole lot for me, surprisingly. Muta's been pretty enjoyable on the set and they worked this at a nice pace, but I couldn't really get into it. Perez had a bunch of neat offence, though. His low blow to start the comeback obviously ruled, but his big back suplex looked great and he was all over Muta early. Muta's legdrop was swank as hell too, just crazy height and it's not totally surprising his knees got absolutely blown to bits later in his career. Commentary was also in Spanish here and I think Savinovich said Muta was the Great Kabuki's son, which of course rules.