WWF on Tour October 1984

LowBlowPodcast

WWF on Tour

10/20/1984

Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Maple Leaf Gardens

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Rick Martel defeated Nick Bockwinkel & Greg Valentine

BATTLE ROYAL

Andre the Giant won a 20-man battle royal featuring: Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Tony Atlas, Brian Blair, Jim Brunzell, Sgt. Slaughter, Masked Superstar, Haku, One Man Gang, Samu, Mad Dog Lefebvre, Richard Charland, George Steele, Carlos Colon, The Baron, Dennis Condrey, Randy Rose, Hercules Ayala, & Rusher Kimura.

SIX-MAN TAG

Gino Hernandez, Roddy Piper, & Bob Orton defeated Gino Brito, Jimmy Snuka, & The Tonga Kid

TEN-MAN TAG

The British Bulldogs & The Guerreros defeated The Russians & The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

Dino Bravo defeated Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

The Rougeau Brothers defeated Kevin Sullivan & The Barbarian

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Arena

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to WWF Superstars from Hershey!

Jesse: What’s that smell McMahon?

Vince: I believe that is chocolate Jesse…

Jesse: Nah… it is something much much worse…

Vince: Oh yeah?

Jesse: It is the smell of CHICKEN! The Biggest Chicken of them all will be here tonight! That so called WWF Champion… Chump Hogan!

Vince: Please Jesse Venutra, Hulk Hogan is a fighting champion and he will be in action tonight!

Jesse: Is it against Nick Bockwinkel?

Vince: No…

Jesse: Then he is just a chump McMahon!

Vince: PLEASE! Fans it is time to heat to the ring for our opening contest.

Jake Roberts w/ Kevin Sullivan defeated Rick McGraw

Jake Roberts: It seems my debut turned a few heads… well for all of those heads that have been turned, they are about to be dropped straight down with the deadliest move of them all… the DDT. You know they say that DDT is lethal and brother, when this snake gets a hold of you, there is just no letting go!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vince are back putting over the WWF Title rankings. They talk about Gino being number one and Bockwinkel number two. They say that Hernandez vs Hogan could be the biggest match in the WWF right now but Jesse says until Hogan defeats Bockwinkel for the title, he isn’t really the champion in his eyes. They talk about the One Man Gang and how he has climbed up the ranks and is looking for his shot but McMahon feels he will have to wait. Jesse says he is not the waiting type and may just jump ahead in line if he feels that way. We get to see Gino in action tonight!

Hulk Hogan (Heavyweight Champion)

1. Gino Hernandez (Intercontinental Champion)
  2. Nick Bockwinkel

3. One Man Gang

4. Roddy Piper

5. Randy Savage

6. Sgt. Slaughter

7. Tony Atlas

8. Masked Superstar

9. Jimmy Snuka

10. Jake Roberts

Gino Hernandez w/ Woman defeated Jay Youngblood

Gino Hernandez: I heard Randy Savage has been calling me out… well Randy, get to the back of the line pal! You see I only accept challenges from real men… not men like you who hide behind a woman! You know why Woman walks BEHIND me? It is because that is her place… behind me… the champion and she knows it! You parade Elizabeth around like she is special but in reality she is just another wannabe who wishes she could have the style and the sex appeal that Woman has. Just like you Savage wish you could have what is mine… this Intercontinental Championship…. Problem is… you just can’t!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vince are back putting over big Fred Ottman as a guy who has been making waves in the WWF, slowly but surely as Jesse lets us know. They talk about his size and the chance of a lifetime he has tonight when he will team with Andre the Giant and Andre and Hulk Hogan in the Spectrum in Philadelphia. They put him over as one of Hulk Hogan’s friends and someone we will have to keep our eyes on in the future!

Big Fred Ottman defeated Bob Bradley

-Big Fred handles little Bob with no problems tonight. Jesse puts over how he is going to have a tough time with tougher competition like Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy! Vince says he is an enormous talent and has got some good skills. We see him do a big splash in the corner but instead of his belly he goes in back first with the splash… his opponent then stumbles out and Ottman hits a big splash but instead he lands on the man’s back (like Ultimate Warrior) and rolls him over for the 1…2….3! Big Fred does things his own way and the crowd seems to think it is a good thing!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vince return as they put over the tag team rankings. They talk about the big tag matches next week on Challenge and Superstars when we will see the Briscoe Brothers take on the Hart Foundation and then the Bulldogs take on Studd & Bundy. The winners will face the next week to determine who will get a shot at the champions. They run down the rankings and put over some other teams like the Guerreros and Killer Bees who are looking to move up along with the new team of Tonga and Haku!

The Russians (Tag Team Championships)

1. The British Bulldogs
  2. Jack & Jerry Briscoe

3. King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd

4. The Hart Foundation

5. Kevin Sullivan & The Barbarian

The British Bulldogs defeated Johnny Rods & Dominic DeNucci

Dynamite: You know Davey… next week we get a chance to get back in the title hunt and get what we should have never lost.

Davey: That’s right Dynamite. This time, that little pipsqueak Jimmy Hart won’t be able to stop the force of the Bulldogs…

Dynamite: And if you try little Jimmy… perhaps we will take a bite out of you once and for all!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars is back with Vince and Jesse just going wild over Hogan. They talk about him being a fighting champion but Jesse says he ducks the real challengers. They talk about how he has a big six-man tonight and Jesse puts over how it is just another way for Hogan to get out of defending the title. Vince says he is willing to challenge anyone, anytime… Jesse wonders why he didn’t put the title on the line tonight. Vince stutters and talks about how Barbarian isn’t ranked. Jesse laughs but then Vince asks Jesse when he is going to dust off the boots and get in the ring? Jesse of course has no answer but says when the time is right he will do what he wants and there will be no stopping him!

Hulk Hogan vs The Barbarian w/ Kevin Sullivan

-Hulk Hogan is over. Plain and simple. He has got the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand and there is no stopping the momentum that he brings with him inside the ring every night. Against the Barbarian, Hogan is going against a strong, green opponent who is giving his a good run for his money. This one gets a little bit of time and we get to see where Barb is. He shows off his strength and ability while still selling for the Hulkster. In the end we see Kevin Sullivan trying to get involved which leads to Barbarian nailing him with a big boot… then Hogan hitting Barbarian with an AXE BOMBER for the 1…2…3!

-When the match concludes… Hogan begins to pose but Sullivan isn’t done. He serves as a distraction for the ONE MAN GANG to come out and attack Hogan! He nails him from behind and then it is a beat-down of epic proportions! We see Barb and Sulllivan holding Hogan who gets nailed with the 747 SPLASH once but before long we have Big Fred Ottman rumbling down to the ring! He gets in as the Army scatters. Hogan is in a serious way and Jesse is putting this through the roof as he says the Champions Career MAY BE OVER!!!

WWF on Tour

10/21/1984

Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Spectrum

MAIN EVENT

SIX-MAN TAG

Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, & Big Fred Ottman defeated Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, & The One Man Gang w/ Bobby Heenan! -Hogan was really selling the ribs from the attack by the Gang earlier on Superstars.

“REAL WORLD’S TITLE”

Nick Bockwinkel w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth @58:21 with a roll up and a handful of tights!

Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated the Briscoe Brothers

The British Bulldogs defeated the Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart via Count Out

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Hernandez © w/ Woman defeated Sgt. Slaughter

I agree with Edger but I would not say "only" the Barbarian. That might be the best match ever on WWF TV. I always felt lucky as a kid if SD Jones was on the card cause he might get an upset win once a year. Hogan vs The Barbarian would have made me a WWF fan in 1984.

I am also finding this Bockwinkle angle a lot of fun. I am also jealous of how you are using Sullivan. He is a great addition to the WWF and I look back and I just gave up on him because I thought he was too much work to write into shows. Great Job!

I agree with Edger but I would not say "only" the Barbarian. That might be the best match ever on WWF TV. I always felt lucky as a kid if SD Jones was on the card cause he might get an upset win once a year. Hogan vs The Barbarian would have made me a WWF fan in 1984.

I am also finding this Bockwinkle angle a lot of fun. I am also jealous of how you are using Sullivan. He is a great addition to the WWF and I look back and I just gave up on him because I thought he was too much work to write into shows. Great Job!

I think this happens to most of us. I had the same problem with Bob Backlund with Lutte Internationale. Despite knowing I had a great talent in my hands, I just couldn't figure out what to do with him and then I sent him to Mid-Atlantic and Patrick is booking a fantastic feud between he and Ric Flair. I think we all stumble through that kind of stuff in which we're comfortable to find stuff for some guys but not for others. Ultimately, I think that the strength of our project is that we seemingly always find someone who'll make things work for a wrestler that we can't seem to find something good to write about.

WWF on Tour 10/24 – 10/26

New Haven, CT – Coliseum

Hartford, CT - Civic Center

Wayne, NJ – William Paterson College

Big Fred Ottman defeated Tony Garea

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Masked Superstar

Tony Atlas defeated Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Jack & Jerry Briscoe

“REAL” WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Nick Bockwinkel © w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth

MAIN EVENT

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated The One Man Gang via DQ

WWF on Tour 10/24 – 10/26

Manchester, NH - JFK Coliseum

South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod Coliseum

Canton, MA - Metropolis Skating Rink

The Killer Bees defeated The Barbarian & Kevin Sullivan via DQ!

Jake Roberts defeated Brutus Beefcake

The British Bulldogs vs The Hart Foundation went to a 20-minute draw!

Chavo Guerrero defeated Krusher Kruschev

Roddy Piper & Bob Orton defeated Tonga & Haku

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated Hector & Mando Guerreo

Jimmy Snuka defeated Gino Hernandez © w/ Woman via Count Out

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Hamburg, PA – The Fieldhouse

Gorilla: Welcome everyone to Wrestling Challenge. I am Gorilla Monsoon alongside Bobby the Brain Heenan and Brain what a card we have got lined up for the fans… some big time matches, plus… the big one… the Briscoe Brothers vs the Hart Foundation!

Brain: Well let me tell you something Monsoon… I spoke with Jimmy Hart and we had a gentlemen’s agreement… when the Hart Foundation wins tonight and the team of Studd and Bundy win tomorrow… when they meet, we promised not to try and hurt one another, rather, we are going to have a nice competitive match…

Gorilla: You have got to be kidding me… you are counting your chickens before they hatch Heenan.

Brain: Smart words from an oversized ape!

Gorilla: PLEASE! Fans we will also see the strongest man in the world Tony Atlas in action tonight…

Brain: Hercules is stronger…

Gorilla: WILL YOU STOP! Plus we’ve got the Masked Superstar and the very mysterious Jake the Snake Roberts…

Brain: Roberts gives me the creeps Monsoon…

Gorilla: You give me the creeps… lets go to the ring!

Jake Roberts w/ Kevin Sullivan defeated Johnny Rodz via the DDT!

Jake Robert: One again you line em up and once again I put them down… you see the powers to be here in the WWF, they don’t know what to do with a guy like me. All you people don’t know whether to cheer me or boo me… but you all respect me… you respect the DDT… and if you don’t… you will learn too!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Gorilla and Bobby are back talking about the strongest men in the WWF. They put over some of the big guys but Hercules and Tony Atlas continue to come up. Heenan says he would have Hercules challenge Atlas to a test of strength… in fact next week here on Challenge… Heenan is going to show off why Hercules is the strongest man! Gorilla points out that whatever Hercules can do… or fail to do… Atlas can do it better… just like wrestling as we cut to the ring!

Tony Atlas defeated Victor Rivera

Tony Atlas: A lot of people out there talking about Hercules… he calls himself the strongest man in the world… well you ain’t nothing but a sucka in my opinion! Hercules, you carry that chain around and you got that good for nothing weasel… I’d pop him right in the mouth if he got in my way. Hercules, I am going to show you why I am the strongest man in the WWF and you won’t be able to touch me… I got the biggest arms and brother you can’t touch this!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Bobby and Gorilla are back putting over Roddy Piper and Bob Orton. They talk about the team of Tonga and Haku coming together out of this feud and the big blow off that needs to happen for Piper and Snuka to finally be over. Heenan says that Snuka is climbing up the wrong tree with Piper and before he knows it, he might get dealt with the hard way… Gorilla says that Piper is biting off more than he can chew with the Savage Snuka!

Roddy Piper & Bob Orton defeated Mark & Jay Youngblood

Roddy Piper: You know a lot of people out there have been wondering why Roddy Piper picked a fight with Jimmy Snuka… they talk about this guy being a WILD man… they talk about Snuka being a CRAZY man… well Snuka, you ain’t nothing in my eyes man. I have seen tougher than you and I have beaten tougher than you… in reality Snuka… you are the scum on the bottom of my shoe and I am going to stomp you out!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Wrestling Challenge is back with Gorilla and Bobby putting over the Masked Superstar as one of the top competitors in the WWF. They talk about how he is known throughout the world and one of the premiere superstars in Japan. They put over his track record and talk about his Cobra Clutch Slam and how Slaughter just puts people out with it… we cut to the ring for action!

Masked Superstar defeated SD Jones

-A simple showcase of Superstars skills. He is definitely one of the better workers in the WWF right now when it comes to the complete package, but he is just missing that one thing to get over. We see him handle Jones with no problem and finish things off with the big Cobra Clutch Slam for the 1…2…3! He and the Sarge have got a date with destiny somewhere down the line!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Gorilla and Bobby are back putting over the big 4-team tournament for the number one contenders for the tag team titles. They put over former champions Briscoes and Bulldogs and new challengers in the Hart Foundation and Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy. No one knows if there is a clear front-runner but we have got a lot of action to go on here tonight. We cut to the ring for the first contest with the other being on Superstars tomorrow!

MAIN EVENT

The Briscoe Brothers vs The Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

-A really fun 13-minute contest to cap off a good card. It is fun to see a seasoned Jack Briscoe and a young Bret Hart go round for round for about 3-minutes. The Anvil is actually the tide turner here with his strength that cannot be matched, but the experience of the Briscoes is just too overwhelming. We see some nice trickery when Jack Briscoe leap frogs the Anvil and then Jerry pulls the ropes down and he goes flying out of the ring. Jack then jumps on Bret’s back for a cruicifix and Jerry with a dropkick to his mush and Bret goes down and gets rolled up in the Crucifix for the 1…2…3! The Briscoes move on as the Harts have to chalk this one up to experience. The heelish tendancies of the Briscoes don’t go over to well with the crowd but Jimmy Hart is able to get the heat back by trying to interfere once the contest is over. Who will the Briscoes face next week?

10/27

Houston, TX – Sam Houston Coliseum

MAIN EVENT

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated Stan Hansen via DQ!

Nick Bockwinkel & Gino Hernandez w/ Woman & Bobby Heenan defeated Tony Atlas & Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth

SIX-MAN ELIMINATION

Jimmy Snuka, Tonga, & Haku defeated Roddy Piper, Bob Orton, & Masked Superstar

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

FOUR-WAY TAG

The Russians © defeated The Briscoes, The Guerreros, & Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy

TEXAS TORNADO TAG

The British Bulldogs vs The Hart Foundation went to a double DQ!

Jake The Snake Roberts defeated Hector Guerrero

The One Man Gang defeated Sgt. Slaughter

Very nice series of shows. I like the angle with Atlas and Hercules. Those strength things were always a lot of fun. Looking forward to the tag team situation being cleared up. You have some monster teams and it will be fun to see who comes out on top.

Again the back and forth between Gorilla and the Brain was great.

I agree with Edger that Hansen vs Hogan would be one for the ages.

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hamburg, PA – The Fieldhouse

Vince: Welcome everyone to the Superstars of Wrestling! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Ventura! Jesse we are here in Hamburg PA and what a great card we have got lined up for the fans…

Jesse: Don’t you be jumping the gun McMahon… we need to go back in time…

Vince: Yes, we do have some footage from last week…

Jesse: HAHA… I have been waiting all week to see this again!

Vince: Fans let’s take a look back at what happened last week when Hulk Hogan took on the Barbarian!

Hulk Hogan vs The Barbarian w/ Kevin Sullivan

-Hulk Hogan is over. Plain and simple. He has got the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand and there is no stopping the momentum that he brings with him inside the ring every night. Against the Barbarian, Hogan is going against a strong, green opponent who is giving his a good run for his money. This one gets a little bit of time and we get to see where Barb is. He shows off his strength and ability while still selling for the Hulkster. In the end we see Kevin Sullivan trying to get involved which leads to Barbarian nailing him with a big boot… then Hogan hitting Barbarian with an AXE BOMBER for the 1…2…3!

-When the match concludes… Hogan begins to pose but Sullivan isn’t done. He serves as a distraction for the ONE MAN GANG to come out and attack Hogan! He nails him from behind and then it is a beat-down of epic proportions! We see Barb and Sulllivan holding Hogan who gets nailed with the 747 SPLASH once but before long we have Big Fred Ottman rumbling down to the ring! He gets in as the Army scatters. Hogan is in a serious way and Jesse is putting this through the roof as he says the Champions Career MAY BE OVER!!!

Hulk Hogan: As you can see right there… the powerful force of the One Man Gang coming down on my ribs was like a hurricane crashing down on my body! I sat there in pain, knowing that it could have been the end, but then I looked out… I saw the eyes of all the Hulkamaniacs. I saw the tears come down their faces and that was just what I needed to find a way to survive. Those tears hurt me more than any splash or slam! I don’t ever want my Hulkamaniacs to fear that kind of fear or hurt… but if you believe in Hulkamania… you know that what goes around comes around and One Man Gang… it is time for things to come around DUDE! I am putting you and everyone on Kevin Sullivan’s little army on notice brother… I am the WWF Champion, but what I am going to do to you will not be very championship worthy. I am going to beat you down like the low down dirty dogs that you are and I am going to stand up for all my Hulkamaniacs that watched it go down last week. I am going to stand up for every man that you have hurt on your rise to the top. I am going to stand up for myself… it is the most important thing to believe in yourself and One Man Gang… if they believe… I believe… and you believe me… I AM COMING FOR PAYBACK and WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOUUUUU!!!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vince return to put over the big one on one match between Hogan and the Gang down the line. They talk about some of the up and coming contenders like Roddy Piper and his recent feud with Jimmy Snuka. They put over the team of Haku and Tonga that has come from this feud and how they’ve got a bright future in the WWF. We get to see them in action tonight as we cut to the ring.

Tonga & Haku defeated Los Conquistadors

-A fun little showcase for Haku and Tonga who are really coming together. At one point we see Haku get kicked in the mouth and shake it off. He has definitely got some toughness and it is on tap here tonight. We see Haku with a Samoan Drop and Tonga coming off with the flying headbutt for the 1…2….3!! The crowd gives them some love as they are early in their rise but a lot of upside.

*COMMERCIAL*

-Vince and Jesse are back talking about the six-man team of the Guerreros. They talk about their feud with the Russian and how they have challenged them to a brawl, anytime, anywhere. Jesse says the Russians are just too big for the Guerreros and it would be a slaughter. Vince talks about the unity of brothers and what that can mean to a team. Jesse says it is going to come down to more than just blood.

Chavo Guerrero defeated Brady Boone

-A nice showcase for Chavo who continues to outshine the other Guerreros. He has got a fun pace inside the ring and really just brings his A game week in and week out. We see a couple of DEEP arm drags before a nice he nails a nice DELAYED SUPLEX! He looks out to the crowd and then goes up to the top rope and MOONSAULT! The crowd is unsure of what they just saw here! He gets the 1…2….3 as Jesse and Vince are going wild on commentary… what have we just seen?

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vine return putting over the big Moonsault from Chavo Guerrero. They talk about the up and coming Big Fred Ottman who got the chance of a lifetime a week ago teaming with Andre and Hogan. Jesse says this guy is in the deep end of the water and he may drown before it is all said and done. We get to see him in action tonight…

Big Fred Ottman defeated Barry Horowitz

Big Fred: Last week was a dream come true… I got to team with my two heroes, Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan! These are the two biggest stars in all of wrestling and I got a chance to step in the ring and get a victory. That experience is going to stay with me forever and I am going to take it to the ring with me, week in and week out!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Jesse and Vince return to put over the big tag team tournament. They talk about the Briscoes beating the Hart Foundation on Wrestling Challenge and how the winner of our main event will face the Briscoes next week here on Superstars. Jesse says that Bundy and Studd are his picks and he doesn’t think they will lose and they could even beat the Russians! We head to the ring for this big tag team main event!

MAIN EVENT

The British Bulldogs vs King Kong Bundy & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan

-A really fun main event as these are four bonified stars in the WWF right now. We get to see the Bulldogs work their best against the big men but for the 10-minutes of the match, they keep up a break-neck pace! Bundy and Studd are caught off guard as Heenan tries to keep them going in the right direction but the teamwork of the Bulldogs is proving to be on point. The big turning point comes when Heenan serves as a distraction and Dynamite gets just absolutely destroyed by Bundy in the corner. He is selling his ribs in a big way as Davey Boy is trying to get the crowd going. The finish is hot as we see Dynamite go for a big tag to Davey Boy as Studd tags in Bundy first. Davey goes for the tag but Heenan gets the attention of the referee as Dynamite tags Davey who comes in like a house of fire! He is nailing Bundy and Studd and he looks great but the referee is pushing him back! He never saw the tag! Bundy and Studd go and pick up Dynamite for a double body slam! Davey is hurting his partner at this point as Bundy hits the ropes and BIG SPLASH! Bundy pins as Studd comes over to hold off Davey for the 1…2….3! Bundy and Studd are going to face the Briscoes next week! The crowd is hot and they are throwing debris at Heenan who gets his men out of the ring. This is pandemonium!

10/28

Los Angeles, CA – Olympic Auditorium

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Nick Bockwinkel & Gino Hernandez w/ Bobby Heenan & Woman

Roddy Piper defeated Jimmy Snuka

Haku & Tonga defeated Bob Orton & The Masked Cowboy

SIX-MAN TAG

The Russians defeated The Guerreros

FOUR-WAY TAG

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy defeated The Briscoes, the Hart Foundation, & The British Bulldogs

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Masked Superstar

Jake Roberts defeated Brutus Beefcake

Can't wait to see OMG vs Hogan. He was always great at being a lower tiered championship guy but would love to see how he would handle being #1. I can't wait to see what your plans are as Hogan goes back and forth to Japan.

Also really like how you are having a true main event on TV. Makes you excited for the ending each and every week.

Atlas vs Hercules would be a fun one to have seen.

WWF on Tour 10/31 – 11/2

Providence, RI - Civic Center

Big Fred Ottman defeated Dominic DeNucci

Jake Roberts defeated Mark Youngblood

Haku & Tonga defeated The Barbarian & Kevin Sullivan

One Man Gang w/ Kevin Sullivan defeated Brutus Beefcake

Nick Bockwinkel & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan defeated The Briscoe Brothers

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan © defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

WWF on Tour 10/31

Elizabeth, NJ - Dunn Recreation Center

The Killer Bees defeated Los Conquistadors

The Hart Foundation defeated The Guerreros

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Bob Orton

Chavo Guerrero defeated Krusher Kruschev

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians © defeated The British Bulldogs

Roddy Piper defeated Jimmy Snuka

Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Gino Hernandez © via DQ

I agree with this. Everyone has great ideas, and great talent, but some mix better than others. That's why I love the open trading option we have. After we have used some talent for a bit, we can exchange them with another territory and freshen up rosters, ideas and angles. But still keep some of our main players that we really like and build our companies around.

Also, I love the TV format here. It flows perfectly, it really fits the mid 80s era, but the main events are just through the roof. The talent here, and some of these main events are incredible. I echo the statements of seeing Hogan wrestle on the syndicated shows. You got to hear him every week, but to see him wrestling, that was a very rare piece of business. Love it, great stuff...as always.

I think this happens to most of us. I had the same problem with Bob Backlund with Lutte Internationale. Despite knowing I had a great talent in my hands, I just couldn't figure out what to do with him and then I sent him to Mid-Atlantic and Patrick is booking a fantastic feud between he and Ric Flair. I think we all stumble through that kind of stuff in which we're comfortable to find stuff for some guys but not for others. Ultimately, I think that the strength of our project is that we seemingly always find someone who'll make things work for a wrestler that we can't seem to find something good to write about.