Pro Wrestling Only

Goodhelmet watches RAW

goodhelmet

With all of the hooplah surrounding last night's show I figured I would do what all of you are doing tonight... watch RAW. I have not seen a RAW episode since the Eddie tribute and have not seen a complete episode since the 2004 draft. So, every half hour or so, I'll make my comments and go from there.

First off, the Power Is Back video looks great. Never saw it before and I like the vibe.

Also, the New Years Revolution recap should have just saved everyone $30 when planning to order the replay.

For whatever reason, I even watched the last segment and I can't even remember the last time I commited any time at all to Raw. The whole thing was ridiculous, but what bothered was something that I should have noticed a long time ago. I guess Steve Austin was the one who started the trend of "face attacking heel's girlfriend and getting cheered". But for whatever reason, seeing Cena attack Lita just seemed wrong.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

It amazes me that a publicly owned business can still be so close-minded as to be behind one of their "homegrown" products so blindly. If a guy doesn't have the tools to be over, you can't MAKE him over by pushing him constantly. They've been high on Edge for reasons unbeknownst to me since Day One and have always tried to elevate him. It's been nearly TEN YEARS now and it's never really worked. Time to give up. Seeing Edge as the World Champion on RAW felt so wrong and the first time in a long while where I felt a guy in a worked sport didn't deserve it.

It amazes me that a publicly owned business can still be so close-minded as to be behind one of their "homegrown" products so blindly.  If a guy doesn't have the tools to be over, you can't MAKE him over by pushing him constantly.  They've been high on Edge for reasons unbeknownst to me since Day One and have always tried to elevate him.  It's been nearly TEN YEARS now and it's never really worked.  Time to give up.  Seeing Edge as the World Champion on RAW felt so wrong and the first time in a long while where I felt a guy in a worked sport didn't deserve it.

Precisely. I liked Edge at one point, but when someone is considered part of the next wave of up and coming stars for nearly a decade, then chances are they most likely aren't going to reach that level.

It doesn't seem like anyone that started around Edge's time really panned out.  Remember when people used to think Jeff Hardy was the next Shawn Michaels?

That one wasn't WWE's fault. I still think Jeff could have been a big star (maybe not the next HBK, but big) if he hadn't turned into such a self-destructive fuckup.

Guest savagerulz

I tuned in on the Edge stuff and the fans really seemed to not give a shit. They really didn't seem to care when he was killing Flair either. That isn't a good sign for a champ but I imagine they will shove Edge down our thoats until the fans finally buy into it like they did with JBL.

Guest Local Jobber R

It doesn't seem like anyone that started around Edge's time really panned out.  Remember when people used to think Jeff Hardy was the next Shawn Michaels?

That group would include Edge, Christian, Grangel, Hardys, Val Venis, D-Lo Brown, Mark Henry, Al Snow, Brian Christopher, Scotty2Hotty?

Edge, Christian, Gangrel, Droz, the Hardys, the Dudleys, Rikishi, D'Lo, Albert, Kane, Val Venis, Al Snow Stevie Richards, Kurrgan, Ken Shamrock, Bucannon, Test and I'm probably missing a lot of obvious ones from that time period.

II Cool got about as far as humanly possible in the WWF with their gimmick.

Jus wondering, what caused you guys to tune in?

I was watching Predator 2 which I recorded on to my DV-R the other night, and it ended at 10:50. So I flipped to Family Guy, which then went to commerical, and hit channel down to Raw.