Pro Wrestling Only

605 Podcast Episode 50 - The Doctors

BigBadMick

http://605pod.com/2016/11/06/episode-50-doctors/

The MOTHERSHIP has landed and another highly sought after episode of the Superpodcast is here! Kurt Brown, aka Vandal Drummond, takes his seat in the co-host chair again to join The Great Brian Last on another journey into a classic wrestling state of euphoria. This week’s show features:

– An extensive interview with Dr. Tom Prichard, covering his days as a fan and his earliest days in the wrestling business. We talk about the differences between West Texas wrestling and Houston wrestling, Wild Bull Curry, working in the Houston office as a teenager, training with the Iron Sheik, Gino Hernandez and much more! Also, Tom shares his memories of working in Los Angeles, Portland and Atlanta, as well as his thoughts on working with Chris Colt. This interview is one of the best in Superpodcast history!

– Sheldon Goldberg joins the show for the Dennis Of The Week, paying tribute to his friend Dennis Coralluzzo. Sheldon talks about how important Dennis was to the progression of independent wrestling and what he meant to the 1990’s independent wrestling scene. We also hear about what the Massachusetts indie scene was like. This is a really fun conversation that sheds light on the often ignored history of independent wrestling.

– Part two of our John Tolos audio, this time featuring interviews from June of 1971 dealing with Tolos’ feuds with Mil Mascaras and Fred Blassie.

– As usual, the Top Ten turns into a series of wide ranging conversations, as TGBL & Kurt discuss topics such as All Japan Women’s Pro Wrestling, The Bionic Wrestler Lars Anderson, Dick Lane, Los Angeles studio wrestling, Rex Arnold, the Los Angeles independent scene of the early 1980’s and much more! Kurt also shares some amazing stories about Dr. Jerry Graham! The Top Ten also features Sheldon Goldberg’s stories about Mike Lano, and appearances by Stuttering Tommy Rich and the Impressionist Jim Ross!

CALL SOMEBODY!

Time Stamps:

• Superuniverse Top Ten (0:17:54)
  • Fantasy Booking (2:09:30)

• Here and There (2:16:00)

• John Tolos audio (2:30:09)

• Dennis Of The Week with Sheldon Goldberg (2:37:39)

• Dr. Tom Prichard (3:03:12)

I haven't listened yet, but one thing I always appreciate about Brian's interviews is his ability to get guests talking about things they haven't covered in other podcasts. Looking forward to Dr Tom for that reason.

Anyone who is put off by the "wackiness" should at least skip ahead to the interviews, they are always great

I haven't listened yet, but one thing I always appreciate about Brian's interviews is his ability to get guests talking about things they haven't covered in other podcasts. Looking forward to Dr Tom for that reason.

Anyone who is put off by the "wackiness" should at least skip ahead to the interviews, they are always great

The wackiness can be the best part where some great stories come up that have nothing to do with the original line of questioning. I call this section the "lucky dip".

The wackiness can be the best part where some great stories come up that have nothing to do with the original line of questioning. I call this section the "lucky dip".

That's true. This week there's great stories about Jerry Graham in the top 10. However, for newcomers, I can understand 2 hours for the possibility of good stuff being daunting.

Tom Prichard interview was great.

Exactly. The top 10 has become an important history lesson as well.

...and there should be some fun art coming up today from the stories during the top 10

If he's on this message board under another name, I apologize, but I find everything that Scott Cornish does to be aggressively unfunny. I had stopped listening to this show a few weeks ago but I had a long car ride to make by myself, and had listened to all of my podcasts for the week, so I decided to listen to this week's episode for the Tom Prichard interview. And, well, I'm now 2 hours into the show, they're still in the top 10, and that Impressionist Jim Ross segment is 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see a thread for the latest episode (52) so will post this here.

First time I've listened to the Top Ten in quite a while. It wasn't 'as' bad as it used to be, although I think this may be down to there being a new host and almost as soon as Brian had revealed where someone had placed, Travis and he started to chat about something else (usually Travis' fandom and growing up watching wrestling which I enjoyed). I actually found 'the Impressionist' really funny, although the stuttering Tommy Rich segment was god awful. The less said about Brian playing the synthesizer for the Black Scorpion and even saying he's going to put some 'songs' out there, the better. Hated the fantasy booking and that is even worse than what I remember.

Looking forward to the Adrian Street interview as the one he did with Feinstein was really good (despite the fact that Feinstein had clearly done minimal research for it).

Looking forward to the Adrian Street interview as the one he did with Feinstein was really good (despite the fact that Feinstein had clearly done minimal research for it).

I had to bail out early of the Street interview. A little too much putting himself over (taking credit for glam rock, come on) and hustling his books (7 autobiographies!) for my tastes.